Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series

TexanMark said:
Not a huge deal since I think UConn to the B12 is a real longshot but... Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 12m12 minutes ago Total sidebar but if you're a fan of BYU-Cincy-Memphis-UConn-UCF Bowlsby was clear that expansion isn't happening. Big 12 very dug in at 10

Why would they expand? They can have a champ game with 10 members in 2016 and there is zero incremental money in adding any of those programs.

Can we rename these conferences? The "big 12" name drives me insane

Can we rename these conferences? The "big 12" name drives me insane
They could name it the Big X. Oh wait...

Maybe the B1G could become the Big XIV.

Why would they expand? They can have a champ game with 10 members in 2016 and there is zero incremental money in adding any of those programs.
Not officially yet...but I agree...I think the B12 feels it will come (legislation) so they can hang at 10. It might help the ACC down the road if there is movement to 4 mega-leagues. I think the ACC survives and the B12 gets picked apart.

Not officially yet...but I agree...I think the B12 feels it will come (legislation) so they can hang at 10. It might help the ACC down the road if there is movement to 4 mega-leagues. I think the ACC survives and the B12 gets picked apart.

What about TX-OK, 4 teams, to the Pac 10?

I think the B1G is definitely going to be targeting some ACC schools. I think they could make an offer that would be hard to turn down.

What about TX-OK, 4 teams, to the Pac 10?

I think the B1G is definitely going to be targeting some ACC schools. I think they could make an offer that would be hard to turn down.
Are you sure you're not WVhusky?

Are you sure you're not WVhusky?

No. I think will be quiet for a while but the money the B1G is making is too much for things to stay static IMHO.

I'd love it if the B1G decided to add UConn and Cincy. Love it. But from the B1G perspective, someone like Virginia and is 10x more appealing.

Syracuse - storz SCREAMS wednesday or friday night on e2.

if the Orange are getting out of the Giants Stadium series, then they should be playing rutgers every year.

H/A 20 years, 10/10.

get.

it.

done.

No. I think will be quiet for a while but the money the B1G is making is too much for things to stay static IMHO.

I'd love it if the B1G decided to add UConn and Cincy. Love it. But from the B1G perspective, someone like Virginia and is 10x more appealing.
More appealing and not available and wouldnt leave for the minor difference in cash

The smart guys know the B1G money could be only a short term advantage...one thing about the South...THEY DO NOT WANT TO PLAY IN A MIDWEST-CENTRIC CONFERENCE.

Realistically UConn is a much better cultural fit in the ACC...I know your boyz over at your board are all psycho ditched g/f like on the ACC but deep down you are not a B1G fit.

If expansion is going to happen. The only ACC team that really wants movement is Florida State and they want in the SEC which isn't happening. UConn thinks they can get into a watered down ACC, but it isn't happening.
If a conference is getting carved up its the Big XII.

Kansas and Oklahoma to the Big Ten.
Oklahoma State and one more Big XII team to the SEC.
Texas becomes the ND of the South and could get H/H with any Texas school it wanted(sans A&M)
Kansas State/TCU/Baylor/West Virginia/Iowa State/Texas Tech join the American.

The smart guys know the B1G money could be only a short term advantage...one thing about the South...THEY DO NOT WANT TO PLAY IN A MIDWEST-CENTRIC CONFERENCE.

Realistically UConn is a much better cultural fit in the ACC...I know your boyz over at your board are all psycho ditched g/f like on the ACC but deep down you are not a B1G fit.
storz is a useless cow-college...it fits culturaly better in the b1g.

but they aint goin there either...

I disagree - we fit the B1G profile. Flagship University with great backing from the state. Top 20 academics that are rising quickly and becoming a player in research. Elite sports with multiple NC across many sports.

Also little thing like a rising hockey program in a fertile recruiting area (the B1G pays out $2 million for just hockey).

And as much as its a joke on this board, elite women's BB. It's the #3 college sport on TV and if the B1G network has UConn, the whole B1G would massively improve in women's BB.

The last round of realignment was all about football and UConn was at a big disadvantage. This round will be about content for the conference networks and UConn is in great shape there.

In men's BB we have more NC by ourself since the field went to 64 than the entire B1G.

sdhusky said:
I disagree - we fit the B1G profile. Flagship University with great backing from the state. Top 20 academics that are rising quickly and becoming a player in research. Elite sports with multiple NC across many sports. Also little thing like a rising hockey program in a fertile recruiting area (the B1G pays out $2 million for just hockey). And as much as its a joke on this board, elite women's BB. It's the #3 college sport on TV and if the B1G network has UConn, the whole B1G would massively improve in women's BB. The last round of realignment was all about football and UConn was at a big disadvantage. This round will be about content for the conference networks and UConn is in great shape there.

It's always about football.

storz is a useless cow-college...it fits culturaly better in the b1g.

but they aint goin there either...
No one is going anywhere once the NCAA changes the rules on conference championships. The big conferences are big enough, and the bevo is being declared normal by fiat.

I disagree - we fit the B1G profile. Flagship University with great backing from the state. Top 20 academics that are rising quickly and becoming a player in research. Elite sports with multiple NC across many sports.

Also little thing like a rising hockey program in a fertile recruiting area (the B1G pays out $2 million for just hockey).

And as much as its a joke on this board, elite women's BB. It's the #3 college sport on TV and if the B1G network has UConn, the whole B1G would massively improve in women's BB.

The last round of realignment was all about football and UConn was at a big disadvantage. This round will be about content for the conference networks and UConn is in great shape there.

In men's BB we have more NC by ourself since the field went to 64 than the entire B1G.

The Big Ten cares about cable boxes CT's population is not large. UConn does not matter in New England outside of CT no matter how you claim. If the Big Ten wanted UConn they take them over Rutgers. UVA is not giving their history with UNC/Duke.VPI to go to the Big Ten with UConn.

Hockey/WBB are the cherries in the sundae and are what conferences use after the fact to justify. FB or prior relationships are all that matter. UConn can dream B1G, but the Big Ten isn't coming. If the Big XII is available 2 schools make more sense. ND isn't joining and Mizzou isn't leaving the SEC. BTN already has enough content.

"Boy, we were really on the fence about UConn, but that little rising hockey team really pushed us over the edge."

- The B1G

20120622052737%21Rofl.gif

"Boy, we were really on the fence about UConn, but that little rising hockey team really pushed us over the edge."

- The B1G

20120622052737%21Rofl.gif

It's interesting - we have done everything you could imagine the B1G would ask.

moved up Hockey and building on campus facility. Lacrosse program.

Makes you wonder why a department under future financial stress would make those moves.

They aren't the reason why they will take us, but they things they care about.

Actually, Yukon's best fit is right where they are. A big step up from where they started (Yankee Conference).

Makes you wonder why a department under future financial stress would make those moves.

Who is team 16 for the Big Ten? If UConn is 15?

You are a small state Flagship with a fanbase smaller than Cuse's...you are located in a pro dominated area that doesn't care about college football. You had 5000 people at your last friggin football game.

Lacrosse is a rumor still...you have a link for the official announcement? Oh that's right there isn't one.

Alsacs is right...all they care about is cable boxes right now...you would deliver a state of 3.5 million (less than Upstate NY) and they also care about the AAU designation.

Lacrosse is a rumor still...you have a link for the official announcement? Oh that's right there isn't one.

Maybe he meant Women's LAX, although I can't find them in the tourney bracket.

Perhaps there's a LAX NIT that I don't know about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom