Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
The Syracuse football program is part of the wide-ranging NCAA investigation into the school's athletic department, sources told syracuse.com.

The information shows that the NCAA inquiry that has swirled around the basketball team for two years is more involved, and that the football team is part of the investigation and potentially exposed to penalties. It's unclear if other teams are involved.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...on_football_program_wide-ranging_inquiry.html

The Syracuse football program is part of the wide-ranging NCAA investigation into the school's athletic department, sources told syracuse.com.

The information shows that the NCAA inquiry that has swirled around the basketball team for two years is more involved, and that the football team is part of the investigation and potentially exposed to penalties. It's unclear if other teams are involved.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...on_football_program_wide-ranging_inquiry.html

Really?? Our football team? This is how I feel:

Pretty much expected with the NCAA sniffing around the bball team, they'd be stupid not to check up on anything else. Wouldn't be surprised to see if they checked in on the lax program, as well.

Oprah: "You get a sanction, and you get a sanction, and you get a sanction..."

oprah-s-killer-bees-o.gif

You've got to be kidding me!!
It would figure that Greg Robinson couldn't win even if he was cheating. Jesus...the gift that keeps on giving.
Watch us get nailed by the NCAA three times worse than Penn State.
Looks like perhaps those guys who have been wanting to see the Doc Gross regime over with may be getting their wish.
Old news perhaps, but now the piling on begins.

We've finally hit the big time, boys. We're just trying to fit in in our new ACC surroundings. ;)

What you think the guys did? Accept money for autographs? What's the penalty for that again?

I am not too worried about the football program, but is it too far out of the realm to imagine that idiot GROB breaking multiple rules out of sheer stupidity and laziness? If so, I am flying to San Jose, and beating the hell out of him.

I am not too worried about the football program, but is it too far out of the realm to imagine that idiot GROB breaking multiple rules out of sheer stupidity and laziness? If so, I am flying to San Jose, and beating the hell out of him.
Protege of Pete Carroll. Enough said.

yes i know it's nothing compared to basketball

Not calling you out or shooting the messenger, anomander--but c'mon. You might think that you know something, or may have even heard something from someone connected with the athletic department. But you expect us to believe that you have the scoop on penalties / consequences / severity, when no media outlet out there has this information?

If anyone connected to SU already knew, it would have leaked already. I'm 100% confident about that.

I would imagine it would be centered around whether or not we were following our drug policies set like what is being investigated with the basketball team.