Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say

Yikes, I got a preview of the findings and it doesn't look good!!! Let's keep this between us or I may lose my "Insider" connections.

The Report states that NCAA officials became aware of improprieties after the football program removed the color orange from the uniforms.
"We realized if they can call themselves the Syracuse Orange while not wearing any orange, what other violations and coverups could be taking place?"

Other violations uncovered include:
(1) Giving lifetime naming rights to a company known for manufacturing air conditioners and not having air conditioning in the named facility;

(2) Branding the school as NY's College Team, then signing long-term scheduling deal in New Jersey; and

(3) A Syracuse booster known as SU2NASA offering "NASA level" money to prospective four and five star recruits.

Last edited:
My god. People on this board are Paranoid.

That was tongue-in-cheek Hulk.

Don't feel bad. I confuse a lot of people. Someday I'll have to learn how to use emoticons...

NAWWWW.

Yikes, I got a preview of the findings and it doesn't look good!!! Let's keep this between us or I may lose my "Insider" connections.

The Report states that NCAA officials became aware of improprieties after the football program removed the color orange from the uniforms.
"We realized if they can call themselves the Syracuse Orange while not wearing any orange, what other violations and coverups could be taking place?"

Other violations uncovered include:
(1) Giving lifetime naming rights to a company known for manufacturing air conditioners and not having air conditioning in the named facility;

(2) Branding the school as NY's College Team, then signing long-term scheduling deal in New Jersey; and

(3) A Syracuse booster known as SU2NASA offering "NASA level" money to prospective four and five star recruits.
As a great philosopher once said, we is juiced to the peel.

RF2044 said:
Not calling you out or shooting the messenger, anomander--but c'mon. You might think that you know something, or may have even heard something from someone connected with the athletic department. But you expect us to believe that you have the scoop on penalties / consequences / severity, when no media outlet out there has this information? If anyone connected to SU already knew, it would have leaked already. I'm 100% confident about that.

He's not saying all that - he's saying that what they are being accused of is less. Which given his info and connections already is not far fetched at all.

would this be the most mediocre football team ever on probation for actions by mediocre/historically bad football teams.
How does the saying go? "Alabama had so many major violations that the NCAA threw the book at Indiana" or something to that effect! :)

elimunelson said:
would this be the most mediocre football team ever on probation for actions by mediocre/historically bad football teams.

The 30 for 30 Pony Excess talked about how 3-win TCU was just as dirty as SMU.

anomander said:
Click bait. This is nothing compared to hoops.

Correct. Almost nothing to see here. Won't be a blip on the screen.

Correct. Almost nothing to see here. Won't be a blip on the screen.
How about hoops (assuming you were talking about the FB team involvement)? Minor or major? I get it if you can't respond.

Didn't Howard U. just get busted ?

OrangeXtreme said:
You mean GRob will have to vacate wins? Oh, the humanity.

Based on the timing of certain things, I'm guessing under Marrone. Minor stuff most likely though.

OttoinGrotto said:
Dude, GO is gonna rough you up. Sleep with one eye open, man.

Lol. Maybe it is Grob. Maybe if it's something they dug up from years ago, maybe it's P. Heck maybe it's Shafer. Just going by the timing of some basketball stuff.

Just saw on twitter that the hearing does not involve the football program

CUSU said:
Just saw on twitter that the hearing does not involve the football program

Who tweeted it?