Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say

Based on the timing of certain things, I'm guessing under Marrone. Minor stuff most likely though.

it might not be either of them might actually be the last year of the P era. Either way it's barely a slap on the wrist.

Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN 5m5 minutes ago
Syracuse hoops & football to face NCAA COI for alleged extra benefits/academic issues going back at least 10 years source told @ESPN

Said it years ago, once the camels nose is under the tent, watch out.

GoSU96 said:
Said it years ago, once the camels nose is under the tent, watch out.

Enlighten us.

Saw on espn that football questions are from back in 04 to 05 for extra benefits and academic stuff

Saw on espn that football questions are from back in 04 to 05 for extra benefits and academic stuff
I'm glad they're being thorough and reaching that far back. Punishment shouldn't be evaded just because the people on campus now aren't the ones breaking the rules.

:whistles to self while thinking about how the NCAA reduced Penn State's punishment since they reasoned nobody there now had anything to do with the covered up problems thehad:

what a shock that ESPN would be all over this, a couple more weeks and that jackass Mark Schwarz can show up with his fake snow to do another breaking newscast

is there any statute on these things? when you watch some of the ESPN stuff people admit to stuff that was against the rules 10-20-30 years ago and nothing ever comes of it.

I'm glad they're being thorough and reaching that far back. Punishment shouldn't be evaded just because the people on campus now aren't the ones breaking the rules.

:whistles to self while thinking about how the NCAA reduced Penn State's punishment since they reasoned nobody there now had anything to do with the covered up problems thehad:

I think they are just looking for somewhere to put the rest of Penn State's suspension.

How funny would it be if our overly bad to mediocre program over the last 10 years gets slapped for extra benefits provided to their overly bad to mediocre players.

I think most independent college football fans would think "if Syracuse is doing that, then I can only imagine what the good teams must be doing"

I said at the time that providing Jake Flaherty free singing lessons would one day bite us.

Wonder if they bought Perry's grandmother a Lexus.

Someone on the football board should reach out to iluvmygrands for comment

Will the ncaa consider us offering up the football program for the death penalty if it saves hoops? SUball

Will the ncaa consider us offering up the football program for the death penalty if it saves hoops? SUball
We'd never do it. We're a football school.

I said at the time that providing Jake Flaherty free singing lessons would one day bite us.

Wonder if they bought Perry's grandmother a Lexus.

I just laughed really hard at that. Wonderful

yodashit.jpg