Syracuse vs Duke game thread... (LAX) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs Duke game thread... (LAX)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Kyle Fetterly‏@lgrande09 2m
Beautiful stadium here at PPL Park. Orange take the field for warm ups. pic.twitter.com/6QUUJzmmqB

BmF72B7IAAAfpRV.jpg

Posted this below but with game time coming on quickly will repost here:

Had a whole detailed post previewing the game set to go but a busy workday has derailed those plans. Here are a few things I will be looking for today.
Turnovers - Its not just Daddio who continues to struggle there, though the numbers might not show it Syracuse continues to have to many unforced turnovers most of which are simply sloppy passes. Daddio is the #1 culprit here, he has to do a better job getting the ball to a middie or a defensemen if necessary. To many times he throws the ball away or gets a few feet away and then rifles a pass the player cant handle. Faceoffs will be hard enough today cant afford turnovers.

Defense - Biggest game of the year for Mullins and the short stick D guys. Will be interesting to see if Desko changes anything up there. Messina appears to be down the depth chart after a few struggles and Evans is to raw to really put out there in this type of game. Jenkins has looked good the second half of the year but this is a tough matchup for him with his short size. Might be a game to bump a pole down if they have any experience. If that doesn't happen I suspect we will see a lot of Grimm, Jenkins, and possibly Evans.

Matchups - Mullins on Wolf is a lock and I suspect a better game from Mullins. The IL guys seem to think Desko will pole Jones with Harris. I agree but I think he may go Firman there, Firman is one of the few guys who can match up in a physical game with Jones. I suspect Harris will get Deemer Class who hurt us more then Jones did last game. Hard to say where we may go with Young, most likely Dionne but I wouldnt hesitate to move him as Dionne is pretty much an after thought right now in Dukes offense. Going to have to short stick someone and Dionne and Walsh are the likely candidates.

Offense - Going to need some dodging from the midfield in this game. Galasso has the ability would like to see him try a few alley dodges this game. Lecky has the skill but his shot selection and accuracy is terrible. Was happy to see him finally shoot low last game, hope he continues that. Duke will be all over Staats and Rice going to need Donahue and company to step up and carry the load if there going to slide early to Staats and Rice. Big opportunity for Schoonie, Ward, and the other middies. We wont have the possessions to do it but this would be the perfect game to get Dejohn or Walters some middie run, the outside shot should be open but dont have a lot of shooters who play a lot of minutes. Loy has gone MIA and other then him Ward is really the only other long distance guy. Would also be nice to see a Maltz sighting, come on Derek.

Faceoffs- No doubt the likely key. As good as Daddio has been this probably his worst possible matchup a guy he has struggled with his entire career and a guy who is clearly in his head. With hiw new technique I really hope Daddio can at least be around 40%, I would take that. One thing that will be key is Daddio making adjustment as Fowler is great at adjusting to his opponents (see him against Demarco in our game earlier this year). Will be interesting to see what Desko does if Daddio starts getting dominated, Paduda is clearly taking a shirt and I dont think we have anyone else who really matches up with Fowler. Best bet would be Demarco, hope Daddio can at least scrum it up, with Dukes best wing out for the year we may have some success.

Syracuse Lacrosse‏@cnylacrosse 2m
A lovely day at PPL Park in Chester, Pa. Better conditions than the last time Syracuse & Duke played. Less than an hour until the ACC semis. Rain not expected in the Philly area until around 9 p.m. That should be sometime in the second half of the Maryland-Notre Dame semifinal.

Syracuse Women's Lax‏@SyracuseLax 12m
At the half No. 1 Syracuse leads No. 4 North Carolina 6-2. Katie Webster leads the Orange with three goals. #ACCWLAX

Syracuse Lacrosse@SUMensLax
Usual starters: A - Rice, Donahue, Staats; M - Lecky, Loy, Schoonmaker; D - Harris, Young, Mullins - GK - Lamolinara.

Need to go to Wardwell, Lamo has been abysmal against Duke is his career and looks just as bad today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom