Syracuse will start selling individual game football tickets on Aug. 6 but won't include FSU (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse will start selling individual game football tickets on Aug. 6 but won't include FSU (PS)

I like the idea but hopefully this doesnt backfire.

I kinda get it but i dont.. i'm all for rewarding people but it really is pissing people off that i talk too. The price point is almost forcing people who dont want to go to the Vill game to spend $125 for the FSU game.. They should be lowering the price for the package not raising it.

The package is a penalty not a reward. Add to that we have no game time and probably wont have one until after the Vill game. The Clemson game did not sell out so I dont see how this really sells that many more tickets when the prices is higher and no one will really jump on the bandwagen until at least the ND game which makes it too late to get the deal anyway.

If the FSU game ends up being a noon game the HS schedule will keep my away so like many with kids playing HS ball I am not committing to tickets for $125 I may never use.

I get why SU is doing this.

So does the fan.

It's transparently cynical.

I can envision plenty of FSU fans buying the three game package just to go to their game. 125$ would be worth it for them. Then SU will come out with an announcement of a sellout for Nova and Ville, and the place will be half full. All those FSU sales. Oh Lord

You can buy a season ticket in the Upper Corner for the same price. Pricing on this package makes no sense if you're trying to appeal to the casual/non season commitment fan.

I can envision plenty of FSU fans buying the three game package just to go to their game. 125$ would be worth it for them. Then SU will come out with an announcement of a sellout for Nova and Ville, and the place will be half full. All those FSU sales. Oh Lord
most FSU fans are going to buy from FSU so no need to but tickets from SU at double the price for one game.

FSU in 04 we only sold 40K. bigger draw but people are being asked a lot to buy tickets 5 weeks out for a team they dont know how good they might be.

I'm skeptical about that many FSU fans coming up for the game.

Not enough that you need to build a package to protect your home field advantage or anything.

We're not talking about Tennessee here.

Dumb dumb decision here from SU. I get FSU is a draw but we don't need to penalize the casual fan. This game would get local interest no need to tax them like Georgetown does to SU fans in basketball games in DC.
FSU brought a good crowd in 2004 it wasn't Tennessee but they brought between 1k and 2k for that game. I wish SU would undo this now let bandwagoners fill up the Dome love the experience and hopefully come back. Instead SU is trying for a few extra bucks instead of the program building possibility.

Syracuse tickets are the cheapest thing around. For $125 a seat I have third row second level for every friggin game.

CNYers will find a reason to feel cheated regardless of the price structure and packaging of tickets. Kudus to the athletic department,

Stevenson said:
Syracuse tickets are the cheapest thing around. For $125 a seat I have third row second level for every friggin game. CNYers will find a reason to feel cheated regardless of the price structure and packaging of tickets. Kudus to the athletic department,

Most of the people replying aren't in Syracuse.

I kinda get it but i dont.. i'm all for rewarding people but it really is pissing people off that i talk too. The price point is almost forcing people who dont want to go to the Vill game to spend $125 for the FSU game.. They should be lowering the price for the package not raising it.

The package is a penalty not a reward. Add to that we have no game time and probably wont have one until after the Vill game. The Clemson game did not sell out so I dont see how this really sells that many more tickets when the prices is higher and no one will really jump on the bandwagen until at least the ND game which makes it too late to get the deal anyway.

If the FSU game ends up being a noon game the HS schedule will keep my away so like many with kids playing HS ball I am not committing to tickets for $125 I may never use.
Barring some sort of collapse by FSU, I have to imagine this will be a 3:30p slot at the earliest.

I don't see what the big deal is? Just buy the freaking tickets!!! It's $125 for FSU, the home opener, and then a game of your choice. That's a great deal. I don't get why people wouldn't want to attend the home opener? If you are any fan at all this is your first chance to see the team in 8 months. What more do you want?

The couple things I don't get is why have FSU the homecoming game? People are going to come anyways. Make the Maryland game the home coming game to help attendance there.

I also don't think there should be much worry about FSU "gobbling" up tickets. That's just Giasante using an excuse for taxing fans, which he doesn't need an excuse for since it's a good deal. Clemson had what 4-5k fans? FSU won't have half of that. They can barely fill their stadium, they aren't going to be flying up to CNY.

supply and demand. SU obviously believes demand for the FSU game dictates a higher price point.

I don't see what the big deal is? Just buy the freaking tickets!!! It's $125 for FSU, the home opener, and then a game of your choice. That's a great deal. I don't get why people wouldn't want to attend the home opener? If you are any fan at all this is your first chance to see the team in 8 months. What more do you want?

The couple things I don't get is why have FSU the homecoming game? People are going to come anyways. Make the Maryland game the home coming game to help attendance there.

I also don't think there should be much worry about FSU "gobbling" up tickets. That's just Giasante using an excuse for taxing fans, which he doesn't need an excuse for since it's a good deal. Clemson had what 4-5k fans? FSU won't have half of that. They can barely fill their stadium, they aren't going to be flying up to CNY.
2004 Florida State was homecoming as well. I have 4 season tickets and I live out of state this doesn't affect me. I just want as many band wagoners for FSU as possible.
FSU should be as close to a sellout as possible if we put a tax on the game we can't complain when other teams put a tax on our basketball road games because it's the same thing. Just sell FSU as an individual game once it sells out then maybe you can put a tax in 2 years. We are robbing Peter to see Paul. I get it and our tickets are cheap but we could lose some bandwagon manis with this.

You can buy a season ticket in the Upper Corner for the same price. Pricing on this package makes no sense if you're trying to appeal to the casual/non season commitment fan.
Exactly. Had planned on going to this game with an FSU alum. Not any more.

I just don't think FSU will bring guys up to see them hammer Syracuse (hopefully not but I know that will go through the FSU fans mind when they decide on coming up or not) i don't get this idea.

Why make FSU homecoming anyway???

fsu gametime won't be out until after the Notre Dame game its subject to 12 day pick.

I just don't think FSU will bring guys up to see them hammer Syracuse (hopefully not but I know that will go through the FSU fans mind when they decide on coming up or not) i don't get this idea.

Why make FSU homecoming anyway???

fsu is homecoming for 2 reasons that I can see: (1) its the only Saturday October game at home and they didn't want to do homecoming in nonconference game and (2) want a sellout for homecoming

if you are thinking of going buy the 3 game pack now. Worst case you can sell off a game

Giansante's a moron. Sure FSU will travel pretty well, but they aren't going to gobble up the tickets at a level to sell the game out- even for Homecoming. Everyone on this board knows what happens, some people will read this story and get nervous and buy the package, but the majority are going to wait until after Nova and then buy the FSU tickets from SU or StubHub for less than $125. Of course the alums are supposed to be able to buy the FSU tickets in early August so what happens there?

Now leveraging something with basketball is smart, but instead of a 3-game package, use football season tickets as the way to let people buy individual hoops games early (does SU do this already, if so promote it more).

It's smart; make money where you can. Syracuse sells $99 season tickets. The seats are excellent. Nobody is getting screwed.

if you are thinking of going buy the 3 game pack now. Worst case you can sell off a game
you could buy tickets for less than $40 a game last year for every game.. you wont be able to sell the Vill game to most people as the place will be giving away tickets , so that leaves whatever your other game will be and unless we start 4-0 the UL game will not be close to a sell out either, you may get $20 for any other game so if you think the FSU game is worth like $75 then how does this make any sense? I have a hard time justifying NFL type pricing for a place thats at best usually 60% full.

I have been unable to give away tickets for the last 5-10 years so selling isnt really an option.

Giansante's a moron. Sure FSU will travel pretty well, but they aren't going to gobble up the tickets at a level to sell the game out- even for Homecoming. Everyone on this board knows what happens, some people will read this story and get nervous and buy the package, but the majority are going to wait until after Nova and then buy the FSU tickets from SU or StubHub for less than $125. Of course the alums are supposed to be able to buy the FSU tickets in early August so what happens there?

Now leveraging something with basketball is smart, but instead of a 3-game package, use football season tickets as the way to let people buy individual hoops games early (does SU do this already, if so promote it more).
This is 100% how I feel. Most of us diehards are going to go to as many games as possible, but putting a tax on the FSU game is not smart. FSU fans aren't going to travel like Clemson fans. FSU will bring a decent crowd but I bet it will be atleast 1-1.5k less than the Tigers. Dumb decision by SU if they attached ability to buy some SU basketball game tickets that would be a win-win.