Syracuse will start selling individual game football tickets on Aug. 6 but won't include FSU (PS) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse will start selling individual game football tickets on Aug. 6 but won't include FSU (PS)

I can envision plenty of FSU fans buying the three game package just to go to their game. 125$ would be worth it for them. Then SU will come out with an announcement of a sellout for Nova and Ville, and the place will be half full. All those FSU sales. Oh Lord

The remaining tics will go on sale on StubHub. Screw 'em--let the FSU fans pay $125 for their game here. The other two tics will be a fire sale to somebody up here who will appreciate paying 10 bucks each for the other two games.

This is 100% how I feel. Most of us diehards are going to go to as many games as possible, but putting a tax on the FSU game is not smart. FSU fans aren't going to travel like Clemson fans. FSU will bring a decent crowd but I bet it will be atleast 1-1.5k less than the Tigers. Dumb decision by SU if they attached ability to buy some SU basketball game tickets that would be a win-win.

It's all about hype, my friend, all about hype. Back door marketing...

you could buy tickets for less than $40 a game last year for every game.. you wont be able to sell the Vill game to most people as the place will be giving away tickets , so that leaves whatever your other game will be and unless we start 4-0 the UL game will not be close to a sell out either, you may get $20 for any other game so if you think the FSU game is worth like $75 then how does this make any sense? I have a hard time justifying NFL type pricing for a place thats at best usually 60% full.

I have been unable to give away tickets for the last 5-10 years so selling isnt really an option.

times are changing, the dome is going to be fuller with uncle mo on our side . Its villanova, fsu and 1 other game. The villanova game is the opener and we should win convincingly and first chance to see the new and improved offense. Everyone wants to go to the Florida State Game and is easily worth $60 on its own. Nova game is probably worth $20 you would get B1 G1 offer. The other game(Maryland,Louisville, duke or nc state) if you bought individually would cost $45 +tax+fees so for $125 its a really good deal but to each there own.

this market will not support fball tickets at the $45 price and ten years of attendance numbers will show that. Once they started to go past $25-30 i think you see people start to question the value. You might be able to do it for single games but as big a fan as I am there is no way I pay $60 for any single fball game they will have priced me out and i will watch on TV.

I didnt pay $40 any single game last year and you wont unless you want to sit between the 10 yd lines, they will be giving Vill tickets away, and there is no demand for the other games yet so you are paying way too much for a FSU game.. What happens if SU starts 2-3, there will be crickets in the dome listening to the FSU chop.. This board is hyped but the ones why would buy these tickets see the $125 and think WOW SU is ripping us off again.

this market will not support fball tickets at the $45 price and ten years of attendance numbers will show that. Once they started to go past $25-30 i think you see people start to question the value. You might be able to do it for single games but as big a fan as I am there is no way I pay $60 for any single fball game they will have priced me out and i will watch on TV.

I didnt pay $40 any single game last year and you wont unless you want to sit between the 10 yd lines, they will be giving Vill tickets away, and there is no demand for the other games yet so you are paying way too much for a FSU game.. What happens if SU starts 2-3, there will be crickets in the dome listening to the FSU chop.. This board is hyped but the ones why would buy these tickets see the $125 and think WOW SU is ripping us off again.

you must of either sat in upper level or bought on stubhub for price to be under $40 per game. The Florida state game if you bought a 3 game plan gives you a seat in section 128 currently. Its a good deal and you also get a shot at duke bball tickets if you want them

about half of those years are stricken from the record since there were in our worst stretch of football in a number of years.

It's all about hype, my friend, all about hype. Back door marketing...
I would understand this with Clemson because their fans travel. FSU fans won't travel and if FSU is Homecoming your going to charge those people returning to campus and want to go the game 3 games worth of ticket for 1 game. I agree the SU AD is going to profit, but its not smart IMO. We should guarantee a sellout before we do this stuff. This may cause a game which should get between 48k-49k down to around 45k-46k. Not smart IMO just to get a couple of extra thousand at Nova and 1 other home game.

I think the real issue is how economically depressed Syracuse is and how poor the potential fan base is. Things must be really bad up there now. I grew up dirt poor in the Mohawk Valley, so while I live out of town now, I do have some perspective.

To hear folks bitching about the price of tickets is astonishing. I bought season tickets to SU games for me and my boys for the cost of good seats to ONE Red Sox game.

And people complain about traffic. When I drive into Syracuse I feel like I'm in a walking dead episode. Roads are clear compared to the rest of the country. And parking...I never have trouble finding a spot in a garage near m street or on walnut park. I don't get it. The rest I the world has logistical issues too. It's friction, the cost of doing business, stop bitching.

And those who say the Fair is in town, how much money do you spend there? What the F is there to do at the fair besides watch freaks smoke and get paler on a sunny day? And the fair is on for three weeks. Take a break from the fried dough and walk up the hill to burn some calories.

The all time classic though is the "raking the leaves" crowd. You need to put the rake down and get a piece of out-of-town-strange every once in a while.

And you guys who bitch about games being played at Met Life, this is why it happens. You won't even go to the FSU game unless the tickets are free and someone picks you up at your house and drops you curbside with a concession voucher.

That's how it looks from someone who lives out if town.

If your talking about me you obviously don't know me. I have zero connection CNY outside of my 4 years at Syracuse. I live in NC and have 4 season ticket for football which are used each week even though I don't go to all games.

We complain when Georgetown puts a tax to attendance SU-GU basketball games in Washington D.C. How is this any different? I mean I and many others complain when we had to donate to Hoya Club and buy tickets to a Georgetown-Towson game just to buy tickets to a Syracuse-Georgetown. Now that we are pulling this crap for football we can longer complain that is my point. People unlike us on this board are bandwagon fans they won't play for 3 games to attend 1 game. I mean the fact that issue can't be debated without going as strong as you want hurts the damn discourse of the issue.

I wasn't replying to anyone specifically, or just to the sentiment in this thread, but to the overall CNY mood regarding ticket value.

First, SU football and SU basketball are different animals, so comparing our football pricing tactics to hoops I'd like comparing NY Giants pricing to Mets pricing.

Second, anyone who thinks the three pack will stop them from eventually getting into the game is being melodramatic. If your an adult and can't find a way to get a ticket to an individual game, then I have nothing to say. As UEO would say "Good Lord!"

What the three pack shows is just how cheap season tickets are. Great marketing for mid-July.

You'll get your single ticket deal in the fall. That's how the Rodeo usually woks.

I get what Syracuse is doing . you keep the game everybody wants to go to unavailable until closer to season starting unless they buy 3 game or season pack

Wait, help me understand. Season tix start at $99 and theyre offering 3 game packages for $125. Are there really still complaints?

Move the games to NYC

Wait, help me understand. Season tix start at $99 and theyre offering 3 game packages for $125. Are there really still complaints?

Move the games to NYC
Let's move the University to NYC.

Move the games to NYC

Yes because forcing people to buy additional tickets just to get FSU is a practice that many here have complained about other schools doing with Cuse. We can also complain because FSU is Homecoming and the University has advertised that alums can get single-game tickets in August. SU has no real way to enforce an alumni-only sale, so the AD isn't being honest when they say that the only way to get FSU tickets is to buy the 3-game package.

At some point someone at Syracuse.com will call out Giansante for his consistent mis-information. Great spokesperson that Gross needed to overpay for...hopefully his marketing connections will offset his inability to handle public relations.

FSU is the reigning National Champion and is ranked #1 as of now . It also has the holder of the current Heisman Trophy. Get a clue , tickets to marquee games always cost more. When The Orange are 5-0 and College Gameday is here billing it as a clash between Heisman hopefuls , your going to wish you could get a ticket .

Yes because forcing people to buy additional tickets just to get FSU is a practice that many here have complained about other schools doing with Cuse. We can also complain because FSU is Homecoming and the University has advertised that alums can get single-game tickets in August. SU has no real way to enforce an alumni-only sale, so the AD isn't being honest when they say that the only way to get FSU tickets is to buy the 3-game package.

At some point someone at Syracuse.com will call out Giansante for his consistent mis-information. Great spokesperson that Gross needed to overpay for...hopefully his marketing connections will offset his inability to handle public relations.

Alumni and season ticket holders get emails about the single game tickets before they are released to the public. I guess alumni could sell their tickets to a broker, but they do get dibs.

AAM62 said:
Wait, help me understand. Season tix start at $99 and theyre offering 3 game packages for $125. Are there really still complaints? Move the games to NYC

One, many of the people complaining are not central New York and in fact some are NYC. Two, the $99 seat location are not as good as the $125 package. So you aren't comparing apples to apples.

We are no better than Georgetown with this move plain and simple. We can't complain as a fanbase when over teams do this stuff to SU basketball.

Alsacs said:
We are no better than Georgetown with this move plain and simple. We can't complain as a fanbase when over teams do this stuff to SU basketball.
I would never complain about other schools doing this. It's just business.

I would never complain about other schools doing this. It's just business.
That is fine and I respect your consistently then. Georgetown in 2010-2011 and 2012-2013 our fans had to pay for extra games and give a donation to a GU booster club to buy SU game tickets. This was a major negotiation point for this new 4 game series between SU-GU and Dr. Gross supposedly played hardball with GU over this issue. Now SU is using it football we as fans have to be consistent or we are hypocrites.

Alsacs said:
That is fine and I respect your consistently then. Georgetown in 2010-2011 and 2012-2013 our fans had to pay for extra games and give a donation to a GU booster club to buy SU game tickets. This was a major negotiation point for this new 4 game series between SU-GU and Dr. Gross supposedly played hardball with GU over this issue. Now SU is using it football we as fans have to be consistent or we are hypocrites.

Apples and oranges. Size of venue plays a big role. I bet when single go on sale, most if not all SU or FSU fan will be able to get a ticket. This offer is more about assuring non end zone seats for all 3 games for those who will be going to a few games. The Georgetown deal was an attempt to shut out SU fans which with a much smaller venue is much easier. Two different objectives.

Alsacs said:
Georgetown in 2010-2011 and 2012-2013 our fans had to pay for extra games and give a donation to a GU booster club to buy SU game tickets.
Yeah, I have no problem with what Georgetown did.

if su was selling out or close to selling out then playing games with pricing makes sense. 40K is the new sell out , honestly how many of these deals do they think people will buy with all the unknowns about the team? if people want cheap tickets they get in the door with the $100 plans. charging more than a season package for 3 games looks bad even if its done with good marketing intentions. this team is trying to build the fan base back up and then does stuff like this with a fragile marketplace. if the true goal was to get people in the seats they should have done a plan that was slightly less then the $100 season package. People would then have a reward for buying early, or a reward for buying a cheap season package. Others want the reward of what are seen as better seats at a higher price. no one wants to see they are paying more for less which is what this plan looks like.. this not bball where location matters and 50% of the seats are not very good. the $100 tickets offer a better view of some plays then the 50 yd line seats and the upper deck better angles than the more expensive lower bowl .

Im sure some people will buy this deal cause they think the place will sell out, but the way the schedule plays out if will be after the Vill game before any demand builds and you will have weeks to find pretty good seats if you wont want to pay for the Vill game.

That Villanova game is going to be a ghost-town. Friday night, Stat Fair going on, bad opponent, Holiday weekend people traveling. SU is just trying to sell as many tickets to that Nova game as possible, so even if nobody goes they can say the sold "X" amount even those 1/2 of the announced attendance won't show up and be there. SU knows the FSU game will be a sell out. They can sell the tickets now, Aug, Sep, or Oct. Won't matter, people will buy them. They are just trying to move Nova tickets anyway possible so hitching them to FSU tickets is one of the ways. But as its been stated, anyone with a brain would just buy season tickets for a year. Go to the FSU game and any other game they want for the same price, throw out the tickets they don't use. Then cancel the season tickets next year. No need to buy a 3-pack of games when you can get a 6-pack at the same price or lower!

Stern said:
That Villanova game is going to be a ghost-town. Friday night, Stat Fair going on, bad opponent, Holiday weekend people traveling. SU is just trying to sell as many tickets to that Nova game as possible, so even if nobody goes they can say the sold "X" amount even those 1/2 of the announced attendance won't show up and be there. SU knows the FSU game will be a sell out. They can sell the tickets now, Aug, Sep, or Oct. Won't matter, people will buy them. They are just trying to move Nova tickets anyway possible so hitching them to FSU tickets is one of the ways. But as its been stated, anyone with a brain would just buy season tickets for a year. Go to the FSU game and any other game they want for the same price, throw out the tickets they don't use. Then cancel the season tickets next year. No need to buy a 3-pack of games when you can get a 6-pack at the same price or lower!

Some do, but many don't like end zone seats. Especially the casual fan. Maybe it's view, perception or whatever. But many don't buy end zone seats. Right now you can sit at the 25-30 yard line with the 3 pack. For someone that wants a decent seat for FSU and wants to go to a couple other, but not all games, it might be a better deal than 6 games at $225+ for them and the hassle of selling the ones they don't want to go to.