Syracuse will start selling individual game football tickets on Aug. 6 but won't include FSU (PS) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse will start selling individual game football tickets on Aug. 6 but won't include FSU (PS)

Some do, but many don't like end zone seats. Especially the casual fan. Maybe it's view, perception or whatever. But many don't buy end zone seats. Right now you can sit at the 25-30 yard line with the 3 pack. For someone that wants a decent seat for FSU and wants to go to a couple other, but not all games, it might be a better deal than 6 games at $225+ for them and the hassle of selling the ones they don't want to go to.

Casual fans just going to 1 or 2 games probably just want a seat to get inside the building. They wouldn't care enough about quality of seat/view. Plus for football very few if any bad seats in the building

And I don't think people would go through the hassle of selling tickets they don't want. They would throw them out or just give them away.

Casual fans just going to 1 or 2 games probably just want a seat to get inside the building. They wouldn't care enough about quality of seat/view. Plus for football very few if any bad seats in the building

And I don't think people would go through the hassle of selling tickets they don't want. They would throw them out or just give them away.

I agree that there are very few bad seats in the dome. However the casual fan doesn't know this. I've heard these casual fans - they think the only good seats are the universally known good seats for any venue.

the casual fan wants a premium seat(lower bowl or upper but between the 30's) not sitting in the upper deck in back half

FWIW, the 3 game package also includes first dibs on basketball tix for the Duke game when they go on sale.

I'm willing to bet, starting from the time the 3 game package went on sale, that more of them will be sold than new $99 season tix.

Stevenson said:
Does the casual fan want a back rub and a cold drink too?

Die hards want those too (as long as it's not from the heavy, sweaty dude that sits behind me)

FWIW, the 3 game package also includes first dibs on basketball tix for the Duke game when they go on sale.

I'm willing to bet, starting from the time the 3 game package went on sale, that more of them will be sold than new $99 season tix.

I'd hope that's the case since I wouldn't imagine there are a ton of $99 seasons left at this point.

Full_Rebar said:
I'd hope that's the case since I wouldn't imagine there are a ton of $99 seasons left at this point.

There's plenty. About 1,000 or a little more.

That's surprising since it's such a great deal. Says a lot about the attendance issues if those don't sell out.

sections 326, 327,328,329,330,308,309,310,311,312, all near upper levels have seats available for $99

I just hope FSU is atleast equal to the Clemson game in attendance or this move was dumb. We got 48k for Clemson correct?

I just hope FSU is atleast equal to the Clemson game in attendance or this move was dumb. We got 48k for Clemson correct?
IF Winston doesn't get in trouble and is playing that week vs SU...the FSU game will be like Clemson last year. FSU will probably be the #1 team in the country and unbeaten when they come here and that will draw the local casual fans out to that game.

Stern said:
Casual fans just going to 1 or 2 games probably just want a seat to get inside the building. They wouldn't care enough about quality of seat/view. Plus for football very few if any bad seats in the building And I don't think people would go through the hassle of selling tickets they don't want. They would throw them out or just give them away.
If I'm traveling to a game from out of town, I want to sit in the 200s or 100s. If it costs me $125 and I have to sell or give away a game, I would do it for the comfort. I'll probably end up going to two games instead of one. I think this is a good deal. If I lived in town, it might be different. Hard to say. I don't see how it hurts since they will eventually sell single game FSU tix. The Duke bball part is also a good incentive.

tptgeek said:
If I'm traveling to a game from out of town, I want to sit in the 200s or 100s. If it costs me $125 and I have to sell or give away a game, I would do it for the comfort. I'll probably end up going to two games instead of one. I think this is a good deal. If I lived in town, it might be different. Hard to say. I don't see how it hurts since they will eventually sell single game FSU tix. The Duke bball part is also a good incentive.

There are a lot of people that care about location and many that don't like end zone. So people aren't comparing apples to apples when they say don't pay $125 for 3 games when you can get seasons for $99. The location for the $125 3 pack are $225 for seasons. So for $100 more you can get those seasons. The $125 in the current location (which is in the 100's for the Nova game) is a good deal like you said for someone going to 2-3 games.

Our fans traveled extremely well last year. I remember LGO chants @ Maryland and State

$99 = upper half of 3rd level behind the goal posts. they aren't bad seats but they aren't good either. The 3 game package is premium seating. Want cheap FSU tix then buy a $99 package and put the rest of the games on stubhub. You won't get squat for Nova, SU isn't going to give away free seats, they are already are by the truckload. Every season ticket holder got double seats for Nova. You won't sell those. The rest of the games you could probably get between $10 and $20(especially from opposing fans). In the end, you can basically go to FSU dirt cheap if you can use a computer and know how to type stubhub. If you could get $10 for CMU and $15 for the other 4 games, you paid $30 for FSU. I wouldn't be surprised if some FSU fans do exactly that.

$99 = upper half of 3rd level behind the goal posts. they aren't bad seats but they aren't good either. The 3 game package is premium seating. Want cheap FSU tix then buy a $99 package and put the rest of the games on stubhub. You won't get squat for Nova, SU isn't going to give away free seats, they are already are by the truckload. Every season ticket holder got double seats for Nova. You won't sell those. The rest of the games you could probably get between $10 and $20(especially from opposing fans). In the end, you can basically go to FSU dirt cheap if you can use a computer and know how to type stubhub. If you could get $10 for CMU and $15 for the other 4 games, you paid $30 for FSU. I wouldn't be surprised if some FSU fans do exactly that.

the free ticket you give to a friend or charity . Central Michigan is an away game this year. Home Games are Villanova(fri), Maryland, Louisville(fri), Florida State, NC State and Duke

I can envision plenty of FSU fans buying the three game package just to go to their game. 125$ would be worth it for them. Then SU will come out with an announcement of a sellout for Nova and Ville, and the place will be half full. All those FSU sales. Oh Lord
Some FSU fans will most likely do this but I woouldn't think the number would be that great. What will happen is they will release the tickets as single game tickets about a week after the Villanova game. We all know SU fans aren't showing up in droves for an FCS team. Just isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
I think villanova will be fuller than past fcs since its the opener and not after getting curb stomped