SyracuseFan Away Game Tailgates for 2016 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SyracuseFan Away Game Tailgates for 2016

Say you have a group of 10-20 folks...can you find a spot? Or are you better to meet at a restaurant near the "T"?

We actually tailgated in the New Balance parking garage last time. Free parking and free shuttle bus. Not the best, obviously, particularly with decent weather but worked out ok for a quickie with just drinks sandwiches and snacks for a small group.

I'm booking flights today for ND. Fly in Friday, back to Alaska on Sunday. Was going to fit in the UCONN game, but will wait until November for my extended trip

I'm booking flights today for ND. Fly in Friday, back to Alaska on Sunday. Was going to fit in the UCONN game, but will wait until November for my extended trip
Remember the timechange...is their a red eye on Thursday night?

Another option is to stay in Greenville, which is about 45 minutes from Clemson.

Greenville is a bigger city with a nice business district downtown. Liked it there a lot. I think SU stayed there last year.

I flew in from Charlotte, which is about 2 hours from Clemson, so it was close to the midpoint between the cities...

Yeah, Anderson is pretty much an "off the highway" type area, but if you are coming via the Atlanta area it could be a good choice. Are you planning on using the same tailgate location as last time? That was a great location...fun tailgate.

Yeah, Anderson is pretty much an "off the highway" type area, but if you are coming via the Atlanta area it could be a good choice. Are you planning on using the same tailgate location as last time? That was a great location...fun tailgate.
That is the game plan...same place. Crusty is spearheading Clemson.

UConn Group Tix info in about a month. Expect to be seated on the side with the big Press Box Tower.

Fun tailgate, but quite a hike to the stadium. Those who have issues walking may want to reconsider. That said, I doubt there are many/any closer locations.

Fun tailgate, but quite a hike to the stadium. Those who have issues walking may want to reconsider. That said, I doubt there are many/any closer locations.
The walk to parking for UVA was over a mile...there are some long, unavoidable walks for visiting fans.

Nothing beats Wake. Awesome place to attend a SyracuseFan.com tailgate. :)
I don't know...that 100 yard walk from tailgate to stadium entrance was uphill about 15 feet...:)

Last edited:
Nothing beats Wake. Awesome place to attend a SyracuseFan.com tailgate. :)
Wake and USF were both pretty sweet. Of course playing in an NFL stadium with parking lots the size of small states makes it easy.

Wake and USF were both pretty sweet. Of course playing in an NFL stadium with parking lots the size of small states makes it easy.
Two of the better venues (tailgate-wise) ones that I've been to. Also enjoyed the Tulane indoor and our own GA Tech rainy day (bad game) tailgates.

Where are you flying through? I may join you for the ND game...

Man, I got side tracked and forgot to get my ticket. Doing it right now. You still down? Looks like I'll be stopping in Seattle and Chicago.

So I'm landing at LaGuardia at 6:55pm the night before the ND game. Not sure if I'm going to stay in the city Friday night, or head right to NJ. What are my transpo options from LGA to Metlife?

So I'm landing at LaGuardia at 6:55pm the night before the ND game. Not sure if I'm going to stay in the city Friday night, or head right to NJ. What are my transpo options from LGA to Metlife?
none.

or...

johnny-walker_thumb.jpg

I told my wife maybe we take a week's vacation and drive around New England...to work around those games...don't think it is happening. I will probably go to just UConn now.

I can't think of many itineraries most enjoyable than a couple SU football games with a drive around NE in the fall mixed in.

Clemson Update
Clemson will not release group tickets until July 9th. We have submitted our request and will hope for the best. We anticipate a cost of about $24.00 per seat. Stay tuned.

BC has one of the worst tailgating setups of any school I've seen.

We've tried numerous spots over the years, but it's hard to find something for a big crowd.
I decided to go to a BC game at the last minute years ago. Didn't plan anything...had no ticket, didn't know where to park or anything. Got off I90 near Chestnut Hill, saw a park for BC football parking, followed the signage and ended up in an office park in the middle of nowhere.

Lots of green space and parking. People were tailgating.

They had old school yellow school buses to shuttle fans to the campus. Cost to park was not bad. Maybe $20.

Not sure where the office park was but it I remember we went through some really nice neighborhoods going from there to the campus.

It was the Diamond Ferri game. The ride back on the bus was fun. BC fans kept saying they were still going to the Fiesta Bowl. I told them they were out. Some cried. Not as much as the ones wearing sombreros to the game though...

Anyway, that might be an option. But looking at the BC web site for parking, it might not be an option anymore. I guess it was too convenient.

I decided to go to a BC game at the last minute years ago. Didn't plan anything...had no ticket, didn't know where to park or anything. Got off I90 near Chestnut Hill, saw a park for BC football parking, followed the signage and ended up in an office park in the middle of nowhere.

Lots of green space and parking. People were tailgating.

They had old school yellow school buses to shuttle fans to the campus. Cost to park was not bad. Maybe $20.

Not sure where the office park was but it I remember we went through some really nice neighborhoods going from there to the campus.

It was the Diamond Ferri game. The ride back on the bus was fun. BC fans kept saying they were still going to the Fiesta Bowl. I told them they were out. Some cried. Not as much as the ones wearing sombreros to the game though...

Anyway, that might be an option. But looking at the BC web site for parking, it might not be an option anymore. I guess it was too convenient.

I went to BC once about 20ish years ago...maybe a couple years before the Ferri game...and I also parked in that same/similar parking lot and loaded up on the yellow school bus to the game. There were mostly Cuse fans on the bus, so I assumed that lot was mainly visiting fans. As we arrived on campus there was a huge field filled with BC tailgaters...maybe the baseball stadium? It looked pretty cool for tailgating when you consider my tailgating experience up until then was only at Manley. Anyhow, I'm sure those spots are all snatched up by BC STHs. It was a beautiful fall day, I think early October, and we all had a great time there!

I went to BC once about 20ish years ago...maybe a couple years before the Ferri game...and I also parked in that same/similar parking lot and loaded up on the yellow school bus to the game. There were mostly Cuse fans on the bus, so I assumed that lot was mainly visiting fans. As we arrived on campus there was a huge field filled with BC tailgaters...maybe the baseball stadium? It looked pretty cool for tailgating when you consider my tailgating experience up until then was only at Manley. Anyhow, I'm sure those spots are all snatched up by BC STHs. It was a beautiful fall day, I think early October, and we all had a great time there!
Wow...time flys!! As I'm re-reading that...I can't believe that was about 20 years ago...damn!! I hate getting old!