Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League

I've never really been into soccer, but if you guys need an extra body I'd be happy to join. It would give me a reason to learn about another league

I've never really been into soccer, but if you guys need an extra body I'd be happy to join. It would give me a reason to learn about another league

Sign up! Like he said, the more the merrier. Another nice indoor activity for when the winter comes.

Bump

and reminder: Season starts in just over a week - 18th Aug.

Knowing nothing about soccer, I made myself a little roster... Leeeeeets get it on

Is it a draft or can I just purchase players with what my 100 mill can afford? And can a player only be owner by 1 person, meaning you guys have already picked all the good players :D

Is it a draft or can I just purchase players with what my 100 mill can afford? And can a player only be owner by 1 person, meaning you guys have already picked all the good players :D

1. No draft. Whoever you can afford with your $100 mill.
2. You can purchase any player regardless who else in the group has him. I think the only limit player wise is that you can only have up to three players from the same team.

1. No draft. Whoever you can afford with your $100 mill.
2. You can purchase any player regardless who else in the group has him. I think the only limit player wise is that you can only have up to three players from the same team.

Alright, sounds interesting. I don't have an ESPN account so I'll sign-up in the next few days and take a look at it all. I'll probably be in, sounds cool.

Just a friendly reminder, opening day is this Saturday, August 18! Get your rosters set!

thanks bort.. im doing mine tomorrow.. keep getting bogged down at work

Is it a bad idea to not leave myself with a little bit of money?

Is it a bad idea to not leave myself with a little bit of money?

I was wondering the same thing. I think I only left myself with .5 mil or something like that

About where I'm at. Left myself with .9 I think. I would imagine?????? maybe, if your player was moved to another team and that team paid the player more than maybe that would impact your salary cap?

About where I'm at. Left myself with .9 I think. I would imagine?????? maybe, if your player was moved to another team and that team paid the player more than maybe that would impact your salary cap?

I'm pretty sure I read something in the rules that went along those lines.. Cant remember tho.

Thought I read that too. You can re-adjust your roster every week though, right? So if that happens you could theoretically go in and make adjustments? The only thing with this type of format is that I would imagine many of us have similar looking rosters, especially at the forward position. I guess that will make your midfield and defender players + goalie even that much more important.

--> Should be fun, looking forward to it.

Thought I read that too. You can re-adjust your roster every week though, right? So if that happens you could theoretically go in and make adjustments? The only thing with this type of format is that I would imagine many of us have similar looking rosters, especially at the forward position. I guess that will make your midfield and defender players + goalie even that much more important.

--> Should be fun, looking forward to it.

- Yeah the only thing you may want to keep extra money for is if you want bring in a certain more expensive player later on. I have like $5 mill banked which is prob unecessary lol. Im just trying to make a really cheap but still good team. but you should be good with saving like 1.0 mill. And yes, you can adjust your roster every week, whether you want to exchange players of just switch some subs in. You get 20 transfers to exchange players during the first half of the season and 20 for the second half, to use as you like.

- Player values will go up and down during the season based I think on their performance and maybe the number of people that transfer that player in.

I only left myself with 100 grand.. hopefully that wasnt a mistake. Took a gamble on a few rather expensive guys... it would be pretty cool if the did a combined league.. even though that would be hard.. just would be fun to pick out of all the Euro Leagues and MLS as well..

It would be hard to add MLS in there b/c their season schedule is completely different. MLS season is just ending as the other leagues have just started their seasons. It would be interesting though to have a few other leagues in there too to choose from. I follow EPL but not in the same way I do with the NFL, so for me this actually keeps it simple and easy.

yeah the season schedules make it tough .. just a fun thought anyways.. i started following the epl a lot more the past few years as i mainly followed the german and italian leagues( german because my old soccer coach's nephew is steve c).. la liga is ok but its filled with even less parity than the epl .

I cant get through the work proxy (will join tonight if I remember) but if it's the same as when I ran an ESPN EPL league the other year:

1) player values fluctuate based on performances (think stock market) so you can end up with more or less than $100 million. If you have a cheap player that gains in value you can then turn him into a bigger name player via bye/sell
2) players can eventually sell out at times before coming available again
3) there is a cap on total number of roster moves you can make
4) point system makes attacking mids and defenders that score and get assists just as valuable as strikers for much less. Strikers get 4 pts per goal Mids 6 Defenders 8. Defenders get 2 (or 4?) pts for a clean sheet, Mids 1 (or 2?) and Strikers 0
5) you can name a captain for your squad each week who gets you double points.

Well, I blew it and procrastinated too long and now I wont be able to sign up in time. Good luck all.

Anyways - COYS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom