Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League

So who do we like to hold the #1 spot after this week? I have a lot of potential points still outstanding but not sure if I can close the gap.

You know what really grinds my gears . . .

The 30+ minutes between the end of 8:30 games and the start of 11:00 games. Ditto with the 7:30/7:45 and 10:00 games.

Palace's resilience was impressive if they always are going to play with 10 men behind the ball against the big sides..

Can't believe Torres is starting over Lukaku. Oh Lord

You know what really grinds my gears . . .

The 30+ minutes between the end of 8:30 games and the start of 11:00 games. Ditto with the 7:30/7:45 and 10:00 games.

Palace's resilience was impressive if they always are going to play with 10 men behind the ball against the big sides..

Can't believe Torres is starting over Lukaku. Oh Lord

Torres and Lukaku are going to alternate until one either wins the job, or they sign another striker. Lukaku excelled in the "off the bench / late sub" role, as he was even more able to overpower tired central defenders. Torres is also likely to sulk if he doesn't get starts. What I'm more concerned with is the role of Mata, who is a great player and is really well liked on the team, along with Luiz.

So how does the segment 1 to segment 2 change over work? More so, what is the point?

After GW 20 on January 1st, they reset our rosters, and reset player prices and assign new prices based on their performance in the first half of the season. Then once they do that, you have an unlimited number of transfers to make a new roster until GW 21 starts on January 11th.

I really have no idea the point. Wish that was one of the things that they had changed/gotten rid of. Even more ridiculous is that they also reset your team's value at that point (or at least they did last season), so you could lose several million you were able to go over the 100M budget if you made good picks and sold them on. :confused:

Torres and Lukaku are going to alternate until one either wins the job, or they sign another striker. Lukaku excelled in the "off the bench / late sub" role, as he was even more able to overpower tired central defenders. Torres is also likely to sulk if he doesn't get starts. What I'm more concerned with is the role of Mata, who is a great player and is really well liked on the team, along with Luiz.

I had figured Lukaku's 5 goals in 7 games over the pre-season would have gone a ways toward earning the spot.

I read Mata had a thigh injury and just started training last Thursday and not at 100%. And he also missed most of pre-season b/c he was given a longer rest after Confed. Cup.

After GW 20 on January 1st, they reset our rosters, and reset player prices and assign new prices based on their performance in the first half of the season. Then once they do that, you have an unlimited number of transfers to make a new roster until GW 21 starts on January 11th.

I really have no idea the point. Wish that was one of the things that they had changed/gotten rid of. Even more ridiculous is that they also reset your team's value at that point (or at least they did last season), so you could lose several million you were able to go over the 100M budget if you made good picks and sold them on. :confused:

Wow. So pretty much it flattens any advantage one would have by buying smarter in the first place by assuring I couldn't afford my players again after they revalue?

Wow. So pretty much it flattens any advantage one would have by buying smarter in the first place by assuring I couldn't afford my players again after they revalue?

Well not entirely. At last season's segment change/re-valuation, prices for the top performers still usually dropped from where they were at the time b/c of how high they had gotten, I think b/c they realize we only have 100 M to work with.

Like take for instance Michu from last year. I think he started out at $5.5 million at the start of the game. He had a ridiculous first segment so he skyrocketed to maybe like 8.0+ million. At the reset, they might have re-adjusted his price to $6.5 based on his performance. Still affordable with a cap reset to 100M, but more reflective of his value and might require some adjusting to fit him in.

Hope that was clear/ I actually answered what you were asking? lol

The problem with Chelsea is that they have so much quality we don't know how Mourinho will rotate them between EPL and UCL matches. Ba, Lukaku, Torres, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, De Bryune, Schurrle, and Victor Moses. Absolutely filthy the talent.

Well not entirely. At last season's segment change/re-valuation, prices for the top performers still usually dropped from where they were at the time b/c of how high they had gotten, I think b/c they realize we only have 100 M to work with.

Like take for instance Michu from last year. I think he started out at $5.5 million at the start of the game. He had a ridiculous first segment so he skyrocketed to maybe like 8.0+ million. At the reset, they might have re-adjusted his price to $6.5 based on his performance. Still affordable with a cap reset to 100M, but more reflective of his value and might require some adjusting to fit him in.

Hope that was clear/ I actually answered what you were asking? lol

Absolutely answered it. Since I didn't pay attention after the first few weeks I didn't know players value would come back down at the segment break our if I would benefit from having a roster worth 10 mil over the starting point.

The problem with Chelsea is that they have so much quality we don't know how Mourinho will rotate them between EPL and UCL matches. Ba, Lukaku, Torres, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, De Bryune, Schurrle, and Victor Moses. Absolutely filthy the talent.

And there's still a chance they add Rooney to the mix as well. I think Lukaku is their best striker but Chelsea spent too much to bench Torres. I couldn't figure out why Sturridge didn't get more run for them over Anelka, etc a couple years back either but that obviously worked out well for my rooting interest in the end.

Got my team all up and running. Hopefully they update the proper positions soon. Wanted Welbeck but he is listed as a F and was in the lineup at middy against SWC.

Got my team all up and running. Hopefully they update the proper positions soon. Wanted Welbeck but he is listed as a F and was in the lineup at middy against SWC.

That's part of the game. Finding players who's positions are wrong and exploiting them. Goals for defenders are worth more than mids who are worth more than forwards.

My Orange Uber Alles came back with a vengence and are tied top of the table. Hope I can give ROC a run for his money this year.

And there's still a chance they add Rooney to the mix as well. I think Lukaku is their best striker but Chelsea spent too much to bench Torres. I couldn't figure out why Sturridge didn't get more run for them over Anelka, etc a couple years back either but that obviously worked out well for my rooting interest in the end.

Sturridge was too selfish with the ball, refusing to set up teammates for clear chances, and complained a lot about playing out wide (where his pace actually suits him ...). Let Liverpool have him. He'll probably be good for them.

Sturridge was too selfish with the ball, refusing to set up teammates for clear chances, and complained a lot about playing out wide (where his pace actually suits him ...). Let Liverpool have him. He'll probably be good for them.

He's been quite good thus far and although he did have a reputation it hasn't been on display at Anfield. Compared to Suarez, Sturridge is far more willing to pass vs take a wild shot. To be fair though, we don't need him to be a wide player since that is one spot we've got pace to offer already. It may just be an overall better fit in what we need but I think he wouldve been an eventual starter at Chelsea as well alongside Lukaku.

That's part of the game. Finding players who's positions are wrong and exploiting them. Goals for defenders are worth more than mids who are worth more than forwards.

very true- would be fun if they let you use some guys at multiple positions- too add to the strategy- just me being greedy. Being down a week hoping to find some of this year's lamberts, michu's and nolan's :)

on a side note what are others thoughts on navas? last year i gambled going with hazard as a noob tried the same with navas this year.

very true- would be fun if they let you use some guys at multiple positions- too add to the strategy- just me being greedy. Being down a week hoping to find some of this year's lamberts, michu's and nolan's :)

Nolan is a solid option each year but never spectacular. Michu is obviously a striker that they list as mid so even if he doesn't score as many as some, his point total will be similar.

Its tough picking midfielders from man city or chelsea because they have so many options. I settled on Hazard bu had Mata on my squad before switching for him and Oscar is there as well. Its wild to me that Milner can't evene get a game at city because the amount of options they have.

Its easy to pick the guys from your favorite team because you know how theyll be used but beyond that its mostly guess work.

Nolan is a solid option each year but never spectacular. Michu is obviously a striker that they list as mid so even if he doesn't score as many as some, his point total will be similar.

Its tough picking midfielders from man city or chelsea because they have so many options. I settled on Hazard bu had Mata on my squad before switching for him and Oscar is there as well. Its wild to me that Milner can't evene get a game at city because the amount of options they have.

Its easy to pick the guys from your favorite team because you know how theyll be used but beyond that its mostly guess work.

indeed- i am ashamed i didnt even pick one of my boys from arsenal but just disgusted with them right now. After man u poached rvp its just been frustrating watching them even with santi last year. haha i am just nitpicky that way i guess.

indeed- i am ashamed i didnt even pick one of my boys from arsenal but just disgusted with them right now. After man u poached rvp its just been frustrating watching them even with santi last year. haha i am just nitpicky that way i guess.

Giroud would be the choice but for the money you may find better options. I love Theo Walcott as a player but without another finisher up front, a lot of has chances are for not. A successful fantasy team looks nothing like a successful team would. Get people who are heavily involved in attack and a few solid defenders that will play each week and you're set. I would have 2 more Liverpool players if I could though to be honest.

Giroud would be the choice but for the money you may find better options. I love Theo Walcott as a player but without another finisher up front, a lot of has chances are for not. A successful fantasy team looks nothing like a successful team would. Get people who are heavily involved in attack and a few solid defenders that will play each week and you're set. I would have 2 more Liverpool players if I could though to be honest.

i almost went with giroud but stuck with rvp , benteke and lambert instead. i love theo too- especially on fifa haha but want to see them put some quality attacking play together and see wilshere some more as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom