Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for ESPN Fantasy English Premier League

This was the first time they were scheduled to meet this season if that's what you were asking. It's not a re-schedule. And their other head-to-head is 3/22

I am sure I have lost all my momentum as I haven't had a chance to get online to get my team ready for two weeks. The come back was fun while it lasted :cool:

I am sure I have lost all my momentum as I haven't had a chance to get online to get my team ready for two weeks. The come back was fun while it lasted :cool:

There was never a comeback in the works. I figured out I had 10 add/drops (thought 20, its 30) left and broke my rule on Everton players since I don't actually mind them this year. Perhaps I just hated Moyes and feel obligated to loathe Everton?

There was never a comeback in the works. I figured out I had 10 add/drops (thought 20, its 30) left and broke my rule on Everton players since I don't actually mind them this year. Perhaps I just hated Moyes and feel obligated to loathe Everton?

Just a shame I missed week 1. I waited too long on Suarez and held a couple others too short/too long. Still pissed I missed out on having a team that would have tied for highest total score a couple weeks ago because two moves never confirmed. Wouldn't have any moves left now but still would have had that...

Your roster always was close to mine so yeah a comeback was likely for 2-5th at best...

Just a shame I missed week 1. I waited too long on Suarez and held a couple others too short/too long. Still pissed I missed out on having a team that would have tied for highest total score a couple weeks ago because two moves never confirmed. Wouldn't have any moves left now but still would have had that...

Your roster always was close to mine so yeah a comeback was likely for 2-5th at best...

That would've gained 4 points on me since I was second highest. My biggest issue was naming captians earlier in the year. I was constantly leaving 10 pts per week on the table by picking the wrong guy. It's easy now though, just pick Suarez.

Segment 1 is over. ESPN is re-valuing the player list and our budgets will be reset to $100 million (I know it sucks). They said they game will be ready for you to make your picks for Segment 2 on Monday, January 6th. I'll let you know when it is live. Then the next matches, the first deadline to have your team ready is Saturday, January 11th. As in the first segment, you will be given 30 new transfers to use over the rest of the season.

Here's a look at the top 5 standings from our group
1. ImperialOrange - 1241 points
2. ROCcuse - 1229 points
3. Lex3289 - 1183 points
4. spo023 - 1145 points
5. KingOttoIII - 1135 points

Last edited:
Segment 1 is over. ESPN is re-valuing the player list and our budgets will be reset to $100 million (I know it sucks). They said they game will be ready for you to make your picks for Segment 2 on Monday, January 6th. I'll let you know when it is live. Then the next matches, the first deadline to have your team ready is Saturday, January 11th. As in the first segment, you will be given 30 new transfers to use over the rest of the season.

Here's a look at the top 5 standings from our group
1. ImperialOrange - 1241 points
2. ROCcuse - 1229 points
3. Lex3289 - 1183 points
4. spo023 - 1145 points
5. KingOttoIII - 1135 points

Makes sense that it is you tracking me down. I had some injuries after I was out of transfers and have no idea how the new roster resets work. Will player values fluctuate and roster moves be unlimited until the next game week sets?

Nah, once ESPN releases the list on Monday, the values stay at that. And they realize our team budget has been reset so there will not be any ridiculous prices even for the best players. For example, I don't see Suarez being anymore than 10.5-11.0 in their system, whereas in the first half didn't he get up to like 12.0? And yes before the next gameweek on the 11th you have unlimited transfers like at the start of the game. Following that you are limited to 30.

Nah, once ESPN releases the list on Monday, the values stay at that. And they realize our team budget has been reset so there will not be any ridiculous prices even for the best players. For example, I don't see Suarez being anymore than 10.5-11.0 in their system, whereas in the first half didn't he get up to like 12.0? And yes before the next gameweek on the 11th you have unlimited transfers like at the start of the game. Following that you are limited to 30.

No idea re: Suarez as I bought him before his first game back. It is a bit lame that I don't get the benefit of the 5.8 mil I had added to my overall budget.

Yeah I was hoping they would recognize that for this whole season, let alone do with away with the split season, but no. With the five transfers I made on the last day I was up to $107 M :eek:.

Yeah I was hoping they would recognize that for this whole season, let alone do with away with the split season, but no. With the five transfers I made on the last day I was up to $107 M :eek:.

How in the hell did you have 5 transfers left on the last day?! Obviously helped you close massively and cut my lead to nothing at any rate.

Idk I pretty much only use them for an injury or if a player is doing absolutely terrible or has difficult opponents coming up. Like I kept Benteke for like 6 weeks in the middle before I realised he wasn't going to score..

Idk I pretty much only use them for an injury or if a player is doing absolutely terrible or has difficult opponents coming up. Like I kept Benteke for like 6 weeks in the middle before I realised he wasn't going to score..

I feel like I'll be better off the 2nd half having paid attention beyond the first few weeks as I did last season. I definitely thought I was set for the run in before injuries to massive players like Aguero, and the 2 Arsenal mids. Defenders are a crap shoot because even healthy players get rotated a lot more freely. Props for having Agger last week

I find ESPN's point system so weird. I'm in a league on Yahoo and find the scoring and player prices to be much better. Would anyone be down to move the league to Yahoo next year?

I find ESPN's point system so weird. I'm in a league on Yahoo and find the scoring and player prices to be much better. Would anyone be down to move the league to Yahoo next year?

How do they differ?

How do they differ?
Yahoo gives points for a lot more categories such as tackles won, fouls called/drawn, shots on target etc. So guys put up a lot more points causing more variation between players. Suarez in Yahoo would cost something like 32$ of 150 budget, so your team can't be so stacked. As a comparison, another great forward, Hazard is currently at $19. Also, players who transfer into the EPL get given a starting price of 5-7$ usually, so there is value in picking good transfers at the start of a season.

I find it infuriating that in ESPN points are just given for goals, assists, clean sheets basically. A guy who has a great game in real life but doesn't get a goal or assist ends up with maybe 1 point.

Yahoo gives points for a lot more categories such as tackles won, fouls called/drawn, shots on target etc. So guys put up a lot more points causing more variation between players. Suarez in Yahoo would cost something like 32$ of 150 budget, so your team can't be so stacked. As a comparison, another great forward, Hazard is currently at $19. Also, players who transfer into the EPL get given a starting price of 5-7$ usually, so there is value in picking good transfers at the start of a season.

I find it infuriating that in ESPN points are just given for goals, assists, clean sheets basically. A guy who has a great game in real life but doesn't get a goal or assist ends up with maybe 1 point.

Interesting stuff but I'd imagine some of those catagories would be hard to quantify. The fouls catagory is arbitrary based of the ref and whom the home team is in a lot of matches. Shots on target is interesting but what happens if it's blocked and do shots off target count as negative so volume scorers dont get rewarded for week shots that should've been passes? Pass accuracy total and % would be an interesting stat to base scores off of as well.

Interesting stuff but I'd imagine some of those catagories would be hard to quantify. The fouls catagory is arbitrary based of the ref and whom the home team is in a lot of matches. Shots on target is interesting but what happens if it's blocked and do shots off target count as negative so volume scorers dont get rewarded for week shots that should've been passes? Pass accuracy total and % would be an interesting stat to base scores off of as well.
Soccer is obviously the hardest sport to base performance off of because of the lack of quantifiable statistics. All I know is that between ESPN and Yahoo, I enjoy the yahoo one a ton and the ESPN one is frustrating. I'm sure you could create a team for the second half and check out how they work it for a few weeks, and then judge for yourself

Soccer is obviously the hardest sport to base performance off of because of the lack of quantifiable statistics. All I know is that between ESPN and Yahoo, I enjoy the yahoo one a ton and the ESPN one is frustrating. I'm sure you could create a team for the second half and check out how they work it for a few weeks, and then judge for yourself

Might have to but I cut back on fantasy sports so this ESPN league is the only one I run in any sport at the moment. It's tough enough keeping tabs on who will start/bench/sit in the EPL for one team much less multiples. I do think holding midfielders are severly under appreciated in the ESPN league but you'd almost have to run multiple midfield spots to have appropriate scores. As it stands now, one simply goes all out for AMF that can score and/or get assists. Clean sheet point is just a bonus though players like Hazard, Coutinho, etc have little actual impact defensively since they don't actually track back much beyond midfield.

I feel like I'll be better off the 2nd half having paid attention beyond the first few weeks as I did last season. I definitely thought I was set for the run in before injuries to massive players like Aguero, and the 2 Arsenal mids. Defenders are a crap shoot because even healthy players get rotated a lot more freely. Props for having Agger last week

Yea your 0 points for those guys a few weeks helped me make up the difference. My Szczesny and Agger transfers in this week definitely paid off. Got lucky and picked the right one while I was debating between Skrtel and Agger.

Yea your 0 points for those guys a few weeks helped me make up the difference. My Szczesny and Agger transfers in this week definitely paid off. Got lucky and picked the right one while I was debating between Skrtel and Agger.

I couldn't even tell you who we'll start in D or who will start where in the midfield any given week.

Hendo looks nice in the attacking role but gets pulled back do to lack of options centrally. I think Coutinho would be better in a CAM role vs the wing where he's deployed now as well but this is also Hendersons most effective role. Problem is neither one are very reliable to hit the target and Coutinho scuffs a lot of shots that dribble to the keeper or wide of the frame. When healthy, the 3-2-3-2 set we use is my favorite.

I'd consider it. One of the major reasons I used ESPN's for this is b/c I had an espn account already and figured most of you would b/c of things like the NCAA Bracket Challenge they do. I think I'm in the minority by not having a yahoo account but I didn't really want to make one. I'll head over there and look at the complete rules one of these days.

I agree that I'd like to see at least a "balls won/plays broken up" type point to give more value to/incentive to pick CDMs/CBs. Don't really feel much else should be added to the points structure and it doesn't upset me too much.

I also agree that top performing mids and forwards could be valued higher also to give teams more variety. At the same time, I think some defenders are too expensive overall.

The one game that I feel almost has it perfect is the official premier league game (fantasy.premierleague.com). One of the few things I don't like made me eliminate it immediately - price changes can happen nightly in British local time. And I'd rather not have to check in everyday to see if I can still afford getting a certain player.

We can address it more in the off-season and hopefully we get people in this thread to speak up.

Cheers

The one game that I feel almost has it perfect is the official premier league game (fantasy.premierleague.com). One of the few things I don't like made me eliminate it immediately - price changes can happen nightly in British local time. And I'd rather not have to check in everyday to see if I can still afford getting a certain player.

We can address it more in the off-season and hopefully we get people in this thread to speak up.

Cheers
That settles it. Lets just all move to London so we can use that league. And so i can watch Adebayor in person. COYS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom