Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game | Syracusefan.com

Syracusefan.com group for the official Fantasy Premier League game

ROCcuse

2nd String
We have switched over this year to the official Fantasy Premier League (FPL) game.
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The gist is the same as the ESPN game was. You are given $100 million to choose 15 players (11 starters, 4 subs) who score points each game week based on their performance.

I made two groups ("Leagues", the game calls them)
- Classic - overall score ranked against all other players in the group
Name: Syracusefan.com
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/58891/standings/
Code to join this league: 212265-58891

- Head to Head - We will be matched up each week against a person in the group. Your score vs. opponent's score. 3 points to the winner, 1 point for a draw.
Name: Syracusefan.com H2H
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/58904/standings/
Code to join this league: 212265-58904

There are some rule/scoring differences between this and the ESPN game. I'll let an FPL vet share or I will post a link to the complete rules page if I find it. I'm looking forward to this new Head to Head format.

Cheers
SUball

tags: ROCcuse Bortukal qdawgg CuseTroop Orangezoo ImperialOrange mountaincuse CuseCPT rrlbees SUfaninAZ IthacaMatt cusefan88 690West spo023 cmr27 JDubbin CanadianSU

Last edited:
Nice ! I did this league this past year and really liked it. Huge help with lineups. Wrecked a bunch of brits in doing so too!

Also they have a cup starting at week 18 that matches you randomly if you are top 2 million. You keep playing until you lose.

Maybe I'm just used to the ESPN one, but I liked that interface better. I don't like having to click through pages of players. I liked being able to sort by team, opponent, etc. all in one list.

And could someone point me to how to change formations from 4-4-2 to anything else? :noidea:

But I'm digging the pricing and other stuff in this game more.

Cheers

Last edited:
And could someone point me to how to change formations from 4-4-2 to anything else? :noidea:
Cheers

To change your formation, simply sub in one position for another. For example: To go from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3, sub in a forward/striker from your bench and select a midfielder to sub out. The "sub" button is a little yellow icon that appears just underneath your player's jersey. Formations will change automatically in accordance with substitutions.

Also, ESPN has a total number of player transfers per half season segment, you can do as many transfers as you want until you hit the limit. FPL is one free transfer a week, after that you can make transfers, but you are docked -4 from your total points for every additional transfer that week. Your free transfers can roll over, so if you skip a transfer for one week you will have 2 free transfers the next week. You are given 2 total transfer wildcards as well, 1 per half season (only can be played in specific windows of time). When your wildcard is played, you get unlimited transfers to restructure your roster. You need to be strategic about transfers, you will at times need to take negative points on some transfers for the overall betterment of your team... It's risky though!

So the new site is blocked at work. I'm trying to figure it out on my phone but not sure how well this will work...

Bortukal Thanks for letting me know how to do that. kinda sad I couldn't figure that out on my own lol

ImperialOrange that sucks. hope you can get around it. But I think I'll also do the ESPN game this year and set up a group for it. It just went live so in a couple days I'll get around to it and will post the link in the other thread.

Bortukal Thanks for letting me know how to do that. kinda sad I couldn't figure that out on my own lol

ImperialOrange that sucks. hope you can get around it. But I think I'll also do the ESPN game this year and set up a group for it. It just went live so in a couple days I'll get around to it and will post the link in the other thread.

No rush or need to do anything on my behalf. I signed up to create a profile and it wouldn't let me log in. That was late last week though and I won't be back in town until next monday to get after it once again.

As always appreciate the effort regardless.

ROCcuse anything for the winners this year, or just pride and bragging rights?! Which I personally assume I can start using from last season's win at any time;) I do love the jersey of choice to the winner, but do understand that can be uber expensive... maybe do a $5 buy in or something of that kind?

No rush or need to do anything on my behalf. I signed up to create a profile and it wouldn't let me log in. That was late last week though and I won't be back in town until next monday to get after it once again.

As always appreciate the effort regardless.

I had the same problem. You have to click your confirmation email and then it takes about 24 hours to get in.

I had the same problem. You have to click your confirmation email and then it takes about 24 hours to get in.

Thanks. Will try again today and if it doesn't work I'm likely out this year

I am in a competitive league question for EPL fans I can afford one of two guys to complete my team Eriksen-Spurs or Cazrola-Arsenal?
Who is more likely to get a higher rating in the match since neither is likely to score.

I am in a competitive league question for EPL fans I can afford one of two guys to complete my team Eriksen-Spurs or Cazrola-Arsenal?
Who is more likely to get a higher rating in the match since neither is likely to score.

Not sure the scoring criteria but I'd have Erikson since he'll likely get more games. Arsenal have a ton of talent to rotate.

JDubbin I would be down for a prize such as you suggested and would put an amount in though can't put up for the whole thing, and I know nothing about PayPal and how to arrange all of that.

OrangeFoo yes still open, you just need those access codes from the first post I believe.

ImperialOrange I think I re-activated the ESPN group from last year, just haven't picked my team. I definitely need to post about it over in the other thread. password is Orangemen

Last edited:
Not sure the scoring criteria but I'd have Erikson since he'll likely get more games. Arsenal have a ton of talent to rotate.
Thanks, I went with Erikson since I am sure will be serving Kane a lot of balls. Arsenal your right not sure Cazrola will do as the CAM with Walcott and Ozul up front.

I loved my value picks of Diouf from Stoke and Pelle from Southhampton.

My league we do goals/assists/player ratings.

JDubbin I would be down for a prize such as you suggested and would put an amount in though can't put up for the whole thing, and I know nothing about PayPal and how to arrange all of that.

OrangeFoo yes still open, you just need those access codes from the first post I believe.

ImperialOrange I think I re-activated the ESPN group from last year, just haven't picked my team. I definitely need to post about it over in the other thread. password is Orangemen
In on the two new leagues

We have switched over this year to the official Fantasy Premier League (FPL) game.
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The gist is the same as the ESPN game was. You are given $100 million to choose 15 players (11 starters, 4 subs) who score points each game week based on their performance.

I made two groups ("Leagues", the game calls them)
- Classic - overall score ranked against all other players in the group
Name: Syracusefan.com
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/58891/standings/
Code to join this league: 212265-58891

- Head to Head - We will be matched up each week against a person in the group. Your score vs. opponent's score. 3 points to the winner, 1 point for a draw.
Name: Syracusefan.com H2H
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/58904/standings/
Code to join this league: 212265-58904

There are some rule/scoring differences between this and the ESPN game. I'll let an FPL vet share or I will post a link to the complete rules page if I find it. I'm looking forward to this new Head to Head format.

Cheers
SUball

tags: ROCcuse Bortukal qdawgg CuseTroop Orangezoo ImperialOrange mountaincuse CuseCPT rrlbees SUfaninAZ IthacaMatt cusefan88 690West spo023 cmr27 JDubbin CanadianSU

Is it alright if I invite my buddy from work who is just really starting to get into EPL?

Is it alright if I invite my buddy from work who is just really starting to get into EPL?

Of course bud.

And I should have made more reminder posts, but the SEASON STARTS TOMORROW everyone! Have your roster set before the first kick off of the day to get points for the first week.

I'm signed up for the EPL you crazy kids, looking forward to it ... still on the fence about ESPN league, game time decision tonight if I'm jumping in. But, as defending champ of ESPN, I think I will end up doing it.

I'm signed up for the EPL you crazy kids, looking forward to it ... still on the fence about ESPN league, game time decision tonight if I'm jumping in. But, as defending champ of ESPN, I think I will end up doing it.
upload_2015-8-7_18-20-55.jpeg

Here it is 2 am and I'm just getting in and picking my team for both games. Mistakes will be made! but can't wait for the start of the season

Cheers!