T Hunt is out west working with George Whitfield... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

T Hunt is out west working with George Whitfield...

Hopefully hunt can give us 2200 and 1000

javadoc said:
Would much prefer 2500 and 500, with our RB stable rolling up most of the ground yardage.
I don't care if he runs for 2500 and throws for 500, if he reaches 3000 total yards I'll bet we have a pretty damn good season!

Love to hear this story, but still worried about him this year. If he can prove he won't revert back to his old ways when facing pressure, then he could be in for a good season. Quite often, he either made a bad decision or tucked it and ran way too quickly over the last 2 years. Hopefully our OL gives him some time so he can allow plays to develop. Even when he had time in the past though, he's scrambled way too prematurely.

Hopefully they're focusing heavily on his mechanics. They need lots of work, but who better to receive advice from than GW.

Let's go TH. It's your year and we need you to STEP it up big-time.

Would much prefer 2500 and 500, with our RB stable rolling up most of the ground yardage.
2500 yards passing gets you the 64th highest passing yardage by a QB last season. To us 2500 sounds like a huge number, but it really isn't.

TrueBlue's 2200 gets you to 84th. Yeesh.

2500 yards passing gets you the 64th highest passing yardage by a QB last season. To us 2500 sounds like a huge number, but it really isn't.

64th is about 40 spots higher than what we're used to at this point - come on 64th!!!

seriously, 250yds a game is peanuts in college today...and thats 3000 yds.

if hes 1/4 as good as some of you EXPECT him to be then the Orange might have a shot at 7 wins.

but some people really need to reel it in a bit, maybe not in this thread...but in general.

seriously, 250yds a game is peanuts in college today...and thats 3000 yds.

if hes 1/4 as good as some of you EXPECT him to be then the Orange might have a shot at 7 wins.

but some people really need to reel it in a bit, maybe not in this thread...but in general.

What fun is that?

It doesn't sound like a huge number, but it is realistic if Hunt shows improvement and the offense has a workable plan. Combine that with 150 ypg rushing from others, and we'll average 400ypg for the season. I would take that in a heartbeat - for this year.

Never said he'd be Nassib or McNabb, unfortunately. I think our strength will come in the freedom that McFarlane and the rest of our run game provides players like Hunt/Phillips/Estime and Broyld.

KaiserUEO said:
seriously, 250yds a game is peanuts in college today...and thats 3000 yds. if hes 1/4 as good as some of you EXPECT him to be then the Orange might have a shot at 7 wins. but some people really need to reel it in a bit, maybe not in this thread...but in general.

There's a lot of hoping around here - not that much EXPECTing. I think we've been pretty level headed since the end of the season on Hunt...

Never said he'd be Nassib or McNabb, unfortunately. I think our strength will come in the freedom that McFarlane and the rest of our run game provides players like Hunt/Phillips/Estime and Broyld.
McNabb's passing numbers would be pedestrian now.

What I'm trying to get at is that as a fanbase we have a horrible sense for the kinds of numbers it is possible for offenses to put up in this era.

The Nassib Senior year offense was record breaking by our standards, and merely above average across all of college football.

OttoinGrotto said:
McNabb's passing numbers would be pedestrian now. What I'm trying to get at is that as a fanbase we have a horrible sense for the kinds of numbers it is possible for offenses to put up in this era. The Nassib Senior year offense was record breaking by our standards, and merely above average across all of college football.
His rating wouldn't be pedestrian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom