Tailgate Thanks..with a short history lesson + a look to '15 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tailgate Thanks..with a short history lesson + a look to '15

You and Fairfaxcuse were a riot with the grey goose before Washington 2007

How about all of us yelling at the Rutgers band across from the Fine lot at what is now the law dorms after the 2009 ass whooping and someone posting about it on their Rivals board.

You and Fairfaxcuse were a riot with the grey goose before Washington 2007
God I forgot about that.....just hope I didnt drive after that display or I'd have been in Matt Parks shoes...:oops:

Cuseregular said:
yeesh, getting booted out of there was a trip. Early first qtr, no buzz at all, no obnoxious behavior by anyone at all, literally grabbed the mini Jack out into the open not even poured into the Coke yet... And the big hand of the Nazi Usher hits the shoulder with a pull and simultaneous "you're outta here" and takes me out of there with a friend in tow (one who had the presence of mind to take pics on the way out... Wouldn't listen, give no chance and I tell him I want to speak to your head supervisor here. Had a clear head, a fistful of hate toward ND, pissed at the ridiculous nature of this policy with no leeway or second chance. Old cantankerous power tripping usher takes me to his fearless leader saying it won't matter as it is a hard and fast policy that I should have looked at my ticket for the policy. I look at him with as much disdain as I can muster again asking to please take me to your head guy. We have to wait a bit for me to be brought to him where he again says to me that it wouldn't matter, and it was apparent he was used to slobbering drunks who just get booted. Well I channel my most Hamilton like articulate and rational mindset and go at it with the head honcho who little did I know was Capt. Bligh reincarnated: Well after a little song and dance with Capt. Bligh all the while with him looking at me with laser like vision never breaking gaze or showing any human emotion...there I am giving him the blah blah blah, had no idea of the policy, blah blah blah, we can drink in the Carrier Dome, blah blah blah, will be more than happy to get rid of it, blah blah blah, revere this university and all it stands for (simultaneously throwing up in my mouth), blah blah blah, hope he can make an exception for this situation... Finished my spiel, he's still staring right through me uttering not a single word for what felt like an hour, finally with a wave of his Capt. Blye hook hand he waves us off and barely audibly mutters to the Nazi usher, "let him stay". The dissappointed look on the face of that usher could've been I swear the original ad for those visa commercials as far as I was concerned, and then off I went back to the crew giving over with a tear the rest of the Jr. JD bottles all the while being met with looks of What is going on from everyone in the section. Had I gotten booted I had an insurance extra tix I would have used to get back in as one of my friends was left back in Chicago too hungover to have made the game, Ah good times...

Having witnessed this live, I can say it's one of my favorite SU moments. When you came back to the seat it was like Michael Jordan returning to the Bulls. Without the whiskey.

Having witnessed this live, I can say it's one of my favorite SU moments. When you came back to the seat it was like Michael Jordan returning to the Bulls. Without the whiskey.
it's amazing that one can get kicked out for having an oz of liquor but some big headed freak spastically swats a full beer off the shot clock onto the entire mezzanine and no one says boo. aside from the 200 soaked people below

it's amazing that one can get kicked out for having an oz of liquor but some big headed freak spastically swats a full beer off the shot clock onto the entire mezzanine and no one says boo. aside from the 200 soaked people below

I recall a very intimidating security force (of one) saying we were being watched from the 50 yard line hidden camera. Whoever was watching through that (fake) camera had plenty of raised cup toasts sent their way.

UPDATE:
We have 5 tailgates with potential handlers. This far out...that is a great start. I still would like to get a few more volunteers lined up as the official released football schedule might preclude someone from helping as intended.

@USF Oct 10th TexanMark
@ Louisville TexanMark (OrangeJet/Cuyahoga Cuse 1st Assts)
@ NCSt JackBauer44
@FSU AirForceOrange (TexanMark 1st Asst)
@ UVA Crusty

I highly recommend folks sign up for PayPal. Get the PayPal account tied to your checking account. Some of the games we will be buying block seating...other games (like Louisville) we might be better to buy tickets through SU.
I,ll probably go to UVA and maybe one more. Louisville or NC State. I enjoy the road trips and meeting new folks. I'll help out if needed.

The other highlight of the day ... was the three of them... singing their version of the BC song 'On Boston." It was seriously funny. It had lines about ugly cheerleaders, etc. Maybe one of them could repeat it here.

Thus began the tradition of syracusefan.com tailgates. A modest start in the Waverly Lot... but look where it has gotten us!

PS... All these years later, all three (Millhouse, Chip, Lil Joe) are married with a bunch of kids... and probably wondering what happened to the crazy kids they once were.

I vividly remember the three of them singing that song. Hilarious!

PS: where is Lil Joe, anyway?

Props to all the volunteers for these games.

Flying in limits my ability but if it is possible for me to bring stuff from CNY (Hoffman's, Gianelli, salt potatoes, etc.), I will. Not sure if I am going to drive to Charlottesville. That drive is close to my self imposed 7 hour limit.

Is anyone going to the BC and Pitt games on the road this season but me? Any interest in setting up a small tailgate for either venue?

Tentatively planning on BC. Tickets purchased and hotel reserved but Mrs. Consig is iffy right after Thanksgiving. My sister will definitely be there with a group of 6.

Mark, I should be able to help with boots on the ground for Louisville. We had a good time last time we were here with JohnCuse, ragman2000 and others.

I appear to be 2 years late on this, but I'll clarify a couple points thanks to my hyperthymesia.

In a post earlier in the season, I had commented that my surly attitude was due to a childhood trauma where a fried scallop had found its way into my dessert.

Prior to the Virginia Tech game, I proclaimed Syracuse had zero chance. I was so confident I said if Syracuse one, people could throw scallops at me. When the unimaginable happened, we turned it into a charity thing, where I would match the collected money.

I know that was first time the villainous trio meet others.

I appear to be 2 years late on this, but I'll clarify a couple points thanks to my hyperthymesia.

In a post earlier in the season, I had commented that my surly attitude was due to a childhood trauma where a fried scallop had found its way into my dessert.

Prior to the Virginia Tech game, I proclaimed Syracuse had zero chance. I was so confident I said if Syracuse one, people could throw scallops at me. When the unimaginable happened, we turned it into a charity thing, where I would match the collected money.

We miss you,, Joe. Come here more often.

Blast from the past.

Like a Phoenix, rising from Arizona...

That's just awful. And you found this thread from back before you turned 40?

Want to get the band back together for the FSU game?

Kowalski lives in Utah (Utah!) now. As long as we plan nothing fun or sinful on Sunday, his religion should allow him to attend.

Cootface is lingering out there somewhere. Won't take much to get him jailed I'm sure. Go spank that 18 year old girl that's walking with her State Trooper father. Good decisions.

We'll steal a Salvation Army bell and ring it in Millhouse's ear for 3 quarters while he yells at Deleone every time our defense gives up a big play.

Our seats are front row upper deck, so I'll spill a few drafts on the lower bowl.

Might be able to get Spencer to attend and stand under a Murbro Parking sign giving himself a toothache trying to pronounce the word Murbro.

And we can end the night at Kitty Hoynes with you table dancing to Dexi's Midnight Runners.

It will be like time stood still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom