TC will never grasp the concept | Syracusefan.com

TC will never grasp the concept

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Of running the clock down so your opponent has no time.

and what should he have done different other than not drop the TD pass. if he runs on first down the pats still stop the clock. they let plays run down because of the time they had. the biggest play was the non call on the pat catch on the sideline where the guy was knocked out of bounds.. refs should have ruled the D knocked him out and they didnt.

What he should have done is run three times if he gets in we go for two. If he stopped three times pats het the ball with about .45 seconds left at most. Big difference from 1 47

What he should have done is run three times if he gets in we go for two. If he stopped three times pats het the ball with about .45 seconds left at most. Big difference from 1 47

Agree 100%. Just another meathead. It's not like he was giving the ball back to RG3. It's freaking tom Brady. How and when you score is 3/4 of the battle there.

I am so furious right now. I called it the second the Giants got the ball back down 2. Ughhh

CuseTroop said:
I am so furious right now. I called it the second the Giants got the ball back down 2. Ughhh

That was ridiculous. I don't want to hear UEO complain about any Shafer decisions.

rrlbees said:
That was ridiculous. I don't want to hear UEO complain about any Shafer decisions.

They didn't learn anything from the Cowboys or Falcons game? I almost threw my phone through the window, but it's cold outside.

Not running the clock down AND not getting the TD...these idiots do it every time.

Beckham not pulling the ball into his chest and holding it out where it could be knocked away. Collins not being able to take advantage of a GIFT awful pass. So much choke. 4th time this season. What an agonizing Giants season. The worst part is that you KNOW it's coming every single time, and it's still crushing when it happens. They are amazing at NOT winning games that are there to be won.

They didn't learn anything from the Cowboys or Falcons game? I almost threw my phone through the window, but it's cold outside.

I kicked my garbage can so hard I dented it, and chicken wing bones popped out of the top and landed on the floor. It wasn't worth it.

Not running the clock down AND not getting the TD...these idiots do it every time.

Beckham not pulling the ball into his chest and holding it out where it could be knocked away. Collins not being able to take advantage of a GIFT awful pass. So much choke. 4th time this season. What an agonizing Giants season. The worst part is that you KNOW it's coming every single time, and it's still crushing when it happens. They are amazing at NOT winning games that are there to be won.

Collins made a hell of a play but sadly took it away from DR-C who would've had an easy pick.

I have a hard time getting upset with them trying to get a TD, I don't see them running it in there and Brady is still Brady.

Kicking away Dallas and Atlanta will haunt them.

Dont even get me started. We had that game won 3 times

Also that rule is bs. Odells catch was a td regardless of the rule. So a ball can cross the goal line by a centimeter for half a second but his catch wasnt a td?

Ridiculous

Collins made a hell of a play but sadly took it away from DR-C who would've had an easy pick.

I have a hard time getting upset with them trying to get a TD, I don't see them running it in there and Brady is still Brady.

What Im saying is run the ball and try to get in. If they stop us we let the play clock run all the way down on 3rd and 4th down. If we run it in fine, then we go for 2 and go from there. TC never uses the concept of leave the opponents no time on the clock, and IMO its cost us dearly. With two rings he is headed to the HoF someday most likely but his end of the game clock management makes me want to0 scream.

What Im saying is run the ball and try to get in. If they stop us we let the play clock run all the way down on 3rd and 4th down. If we run it in fine, then we go for 2 and go from there. TC never uses the concept of leave the opponents no time on the clock, and IMO its cost us dearly. With two rings he is headed to the HoF someday most likely but his end of the game clock management makes me want to0 scream.

I understand. The Giants were down two OLs, wonder if that played in the decision making.

I understand. The Giants were down two OLs, wonder if that played in the decision making.

If you run the ball and still have to kick a fg you only really leave 40 seconds left for the Pats to gain 50 yards to get in position.

Not sure why so much controversy around the Beckham play, that's never called a catch. I agree the NFL should fix the rule, but that's how it is now.

Despite the early TD, Butler outplayed Beckham IMO.

If you run the ball and still have to kick a fg you only really leave 40 seconds left for the Pats to gain 50 yards to get in position.

Not sure why so much controversy around the Beckham play, that's never called a catch. I agree the NFL should fix the rule, but that's how it is now.

Despite the early TD, Butler outplayed Beckham IMO.

Pretty clear they didn't trust their defense. If the Giants scored the Pats attack differently, so whatever, it just sucks...

that was ridiculous. I don't want to hear UEO complain about any Shafer decisions.
well SS is an idiot, but Eli changed the 1st down call from run to pass...and it worked.

Dont even get me started. We had that game won 3 times

Also that rule is bs. Odells catch was a td regardless of the rule. So a ball can cross the goal line by a centimeter for half a second but his catch wasnt a td?

Ridiculous

Its different for a runner, you have to get both feet down and maintain possession.

storange said:

I believe this is flawed as Pats would have had plenty of time. 2:14 with three TOs (including the the 2 min warning. Three runs would have left 2:00 or 1:54 on the clock depending on length of each play, and you still only have a FG

I actually thought going for the TD was smart, but I do hate these fades

This is just my recollection, I may have some facts wrong there.

They might have one one timeout in which case there'd be 1:20 left which is still too much time to concede a TD for a FG in my opinion

both feet were down and he had possession. Dosnt matter if it was for a half a second or three minutes. The rule is garbage

The ball was being knocked out right as the 2nd foot was coming down, im not saying I agree with the rule, but it is what it is.

The ball was being knocked out right as the 2nd foot was coming down, im not saying I agree with the rule, but it is what it is.
the foot was down before the ball was knocked out. By a split second. Which is why it should have been a catch. The amount of time is irrelevant.

the foot was down before the ball was knocked out. By a split second. Which is why it should have been a catch. The amount of time is irrelevant.

It was really close, it looked to me like the ball was coming out just as it was coming down.

I believe this is flawed as Pats would have had plenty of time. 2:14 with three TOs (including the the 2 min warning. Three runs would have left 2:00 or 1:54 on the clock depending on length of each play, and you still only have a FG

NE had used 2 of their timeouts at the 2:14 and 2:10 mark, before NY was even in the red zone:

3-3-NYG 42(2:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass deep left to 17-D.Harris to NE 28 for 30 yards (30-D.Harmon, 24-R.Melvin).
Timeout #1 by NE at 02:14.
1-10-NE 28(2:14) 23-R.Jennings left tackle to NE 23 for 5 yards (90-M.Brown, 54-D.Hightower).
Timeout #2 by NE at 02:10.

2-5-NE 23(2:10) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass deep left to 17-D.Harris pushed ob at NE 5 for 18 yards (24-R.Melvin).

1-5-NE 5(2:06) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 13-O.Beckham Jr. for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short left to 13-O.Beckham Jr. (21-M.Butler).
2-5-NE 5(2:01) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short right to 17-D.Harris.
Two-Minute Warning
3-5-NE 5(1:56) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning sacked at NE 11 for -6 yards (90-M.Brown).
Timeout #3 by NE at 01:50.
4-11-NE 11(1:50) 3-J.Brown 29 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-51-Z.DeOssie, Holder-9-B.Wing.
NE 24 NYG 26 Plays: 15 Possession: 4:14

If we run on 1st down, we run the clock down to 2:00.

Run on 2nd down, and NE uses its' last timeout. Let's say 1:55 left.

Run on 3rd down, run as much time off the clock as possible, down to 1:25.

Kick FG, down to 1:20.

Could Brady have gotten into FG range in 1:20 instead of 1:50? It only takes 1-2 good passes. It's harder, but not impossible.

If Collins holds onto the pick, or we stop Amendola on 4th and 10, it's moot.

If they ran the ball 3 times and kicked a FG, Brady would've had a lot less time to work with, which if everything played out the same way on the final NE drive, would not have been enough time.

Even if they were going to throw, the 2nd and 3rd down plays were horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom