TD Irelan What a start | Syracusefan.com

TD Irelan What a start

SkyTopBus44

Starter
TD Ierlan has won 61 of 67 face-offs he’s taken this season.

That’s 91%.

Ninety. One. Percent.

Do you know how impressive that’d be if he were just shooting free throws? Much less competing against another human in a highly demanding feat of strength.

-terry foy on Twitter

Can’t believe Trimboli couldn’t have helped us recruit him from Victor. If he stays healthy it is going to be very difficult to beat Albany in the playoffs.

Can’t believe Trimboli couldn’t have helped us recruit him from Victor. If he stays healthy it is going to be very difficult to beat Albany in the playoffs.
You're assuming Desko was interested.

You're assuming Desko was interested.
True. I always give Desktop the benefit of the doubt.

Sadly, FOGO may be the most important position on the field. I don't have the data to back it up but it seems if a team wins the face off battle they are much more likely to win the game. Definitely a wasted opportunity with Ben Williams career. Albany just broke us in the 3rd quarter with the dominant play at the dot.

That’s 91%.

Ninety. One. Percent.

Do you know how impressive that’d be if he were just shooting free throws? Much less competing against another human in a highly demanding feat of strength.

-terry foy on Twitter

I don’t know the timing, but was irelan committed before his junior year? Trimboli didn’t go to victor until halfway thru his junior season. Plus they played on different club teams. Not sure how much of a factor he could have been. There was a ton of talent in Rochester that year. Pretty sure trimboli was highest rated but Connors at uva and Irelan have both been awesome so far. Kind of surprises that Travis Ford hasn’t made a bigger impact at Fairfield. I thought he was great.

That’s 91%.

Ninety. One. Percent.

-terry foy on Twitter

SU recruited Ierlan but never made an offer I believe. He did visit here but Albany was his only major offer. They got themselves a great one unfortunately.

Victor is a lacrosse behemoth largely due to a cadre of ex-Naz players who settled in the area.

Their youth programs have an insane level of participation - I’ve coached 1st & 2nd grade for a neighboring town and it wasn’t unusual for Victor to have 4-6 teams at that level.

They are, and will remain, a dominant force in NYSPHSAA lax (it’s ridiculous they went back down to Class B after winning A).

Victor is a lacrosse behemoth largely due to a cadre of ex-Naz players who settled in the area.

Their youth programs have an insane level of participation - I’ve coached 1st & 2nd grade for a neighboring town and it wasn’t unusual for Victor to have 4-6 teams at that level.

They are, and will remain, a dominant force in NYSPHSAA lax (it’s ridiculous they went back down to Class B after winning A).

Victor went down to B for the same reason JD got bumped to C and Caz got bumped to D.

Because NYS wanted to make things "more fairer".

Victor went down to B for the same reason JD got bumped to C and Caz got bumped to D.

Because NYS wanted to make things "more fairer".

Yep and JD has no business in C either. Alhough Section III has many strong Class C programs whereas Section V is typically Penn Yan and the unlucky souls who play them.