Class of 2017 - TE Ben Moos (WA) Committed to Cal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 TE Ben Moos (WA) Committed to Cal

Other than Syracuse being a long way from home, you'd have to think this sets up nicely for the CUSE at this point. I think it is reasonable to think SU probably has a good shot.

if he's not and we have 5-7 open spots what are we doing?
Maybe we'll see a few last minute surprises this cycle? I can't imagine this staff sitting idly by...quite the contrary.

Maybe we'll see a few last minute surprises this cycle? I can't imagine this staff sitting idly by...quite the contrary.
Or it might be they just don't fill the class until after signing day.

I know, I just feel that one of the coaches will pull a rabbit out of their a.. well, hat. lol

That’s the hope. I’m just surprised in today’s age there have been no leaks. I don't believe that “no news is good news” in this case. Hoping for the best though.

What does that get though ? B listers and/or kids with qualifying issues? And a team struggling with depth can’t be pocketing scholarships – but then you have to make everyone count to.

Also sort of hoping a kid like Pierre has since qualified and is ready to go. I could understand that radio silence. There is a James Pierre in the student directory. Freshman, Sport and Human Dynamics. fingers crossed. (would also take some of the sting out of Ilfeatu.)

What does that get though ? B listers and/or kids with qualifying issues? And a team struggling with depth can’t be pocketing scholarships – but then you have to make everyone count to.

Also sort of hoping a kid like Pierre has since qualified and is ready to go. I could understand that radio silence. There is a James Pierre in the student directory. Freshman, Sport and Human Dynamics. fingers crossed. (would also take some of the sting out of Ilfeatu.)
Maybe more grad transfers and Jucos. I don't have the answer but I'm not seeing a lot of new 2017 offers going out and no chatter about flips.

Just following twitter yesterday it was amazing how many decommits and then commits to another school were going on. Whole sale flipping.

is there a thread somewhere?

I don't think this staff is going to take b-listers if they don't think can contribute, thus all the PWO offers.

If they can't find enough quality players to fill a few spots, I'd rather they wait and use them for early enrollees next year. No sense in signing a player only to encourage him to leave a couple years down the road.

I don't think this staff is going to take b-listers if they don't think can contribute, thus all the PWO offers.

If they can't find enough quality players to fill a few spots, I'd rather they wait and use them for early enrollees next year. No sense in signing a player only to encourage him to leave a couple years down the road.
The only problem is if they don't fill all the spots with the number that have graduated or transferred out we will be below the 85 scholarship number. That's not good for depth.

The only problem is if they don't fill all the spots with the number that have graduated or transferred out we will be below the 85 scholarship number. That's not good for depth.
Understood...but why waste a 'ship on a player that has very little chance of seeing the field. You can accomplish the same thing with PWO's and save the 'ship for a player with impact potential.

Understood...but why waste a 'ship on a player that has very little chance of seeing the field. You can accomplish the same thing with PWO's and save the 'ship for a player with impact potential.
I don't think this staff is going to offer a scholarship to a player that they don't think is going to contribute.

Reading it really fast it said "Per Lucifer"
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Free Article

Moos Takes Visit to Cal, Talks Final Three
Moos Takes Visit to Cal, Talks Final Three
http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/styles/author/public/2016/03/04/IMG_4012.JPG?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Brandon Huffman
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Pullman (Wash.) tight end Ben Moos used the last weekend before National Signing Day to visit California and he talks about his trip to Berkeley and when he'll make his final decision...

The three-star was in Berkeley this past weekend, checking out California and the Bears are in his final three.

"I don't have a leader right now, but my top three are Fresno State, Cal and Louisville," said Moos.

Moos got a chance to see Berkeley up close on his official visit.

"Overall, the trip was awesome," said Moos. "It was great getting down there and being around the coaches and the other recruits. All of them were awesome."

Moos saw some familiar faces while he was in Berkeley this weekend, including an Eastern Washington product like himself.

"My host was one of my best friends, Evan Weaver," said Moos.

Another was new offensive coordinator Beau Baldwin, who Moos knew when he was at Eastern Washington.

"The majority of the time I was around Coach Baldwin and Coach (Justin) Wilcox," said Moos. "The vision of the staff was a large plus and I love their vision for utilizing the tight end and bringing the run game back to Berkeley."

He also liked what he saw from the campus and the facilities.

"The thing that stood out to me the most was definitely the campus and the players," said Moos. "And the facilities are unbelievable. They are probably the best Ive seen thus far."

Now, the one-time Utah commit will make his final choice from between Cal, Fresno State and Louisville and he said his decision will come by Wednesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom