Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

Ira, Not doubting your sources, but the staff is still pursuing and feel like they are in good shape. I've heard Jake is due another visit up to SU before the end of the summer.

No worries. I wouldn't post if the source wasn't a good one. Also heard he was at a camp and dropped everything thrown his way at 7 on 7 drills. Would love to have him at SU no matter what.

No worries. I wouldn't post if the source wasn't a good one. Also heard he was at a camp and dropped everything thrown his way at 7 on 7 drills. Would love to have him at SU no matter what.

Good thing we are one of the few recruiting him at DE :)

Interesting enough it looks like he isn't even visiting 2 BIG schools before he decides hmmmmm

Interesting enough it looks like he isn't even visiting 2 BIG schools before he decides hmmmmm

when should we expect a decision

However the one he is visiting has already taken a kid from us this year. Time for payback! :)

Visiting on the 22nd. Acosta not back on campus until the 28th.

Jake Pickard‏@JakePickard2015 6m
Just pulled in
1f64c.png
#UVA

JoeSU said:
The Hoos are kinda late to the party. Apparently Pickard was a fallback option for them.

Actually he has visited them before and not late to the party.

The Hoos are kinda late to the party. Apparently Pickard was a fallback option for them.

UVA, Cuse, and Wisconsin are basically his final 3?

Actually he has visited them before and not late to the party.

Except it would seem with their offer.

Last edited:
I've heard there are 2 Big 10 schools in the mix. UW and Michigan.

He isn't visiting Michigan? He said in an interview that he was visiting those 3, and possibly Oregon before deciding?

No. He had a UVA offer before Syracuse.
I was going by his tweet dated yesterday (7/20) that you posted above: "Just pulled in UVA"
I guess I misinterpreted what he was saying.

I was going by his tweet dated yesterday (7/20) that you posted above: "Just pulled in UVA"
I guess I misinterpreted what he was saying.
He meant he was arriving at UVA for his visit. He visits SU tomorrow then goes to Wisconsin. If he doesn't go to Oregon then his visits should be over and he will be deciding . Wisconsin is the big threat here.

He meant he was arriving at UVA for his visit. He visits SU tomorrow then goes to Wisconsin. If he doesn't go to Oregon then his visits should be over and he will be deciding . Wisconsin is the big threat here.
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I thought he meant he just pulled in a UVA offer.

NqhemwMJ_normal.jpeg
Bobby Acosta@Cuse1010 · 10h
Big Day Tomorrow. Now it's time for some rest.

Tweet from Coach Acosta yesterday.