Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

If I were a knowledgeable outsider(ie with no bias) SU still seems to be the logical prediction. I really think if he was blown away by UW he would take more time and have his parents go with him to Madison, so they can ALL meet the head coach, and his folks can see the school. that didn't happen, as SU was the only legit finalist where he brought a parent. I am superstitious by nature, but I will go on record on saying I would be shocked if he doesn't pick us. And dammit, that Strickland tweet says it all! maybe :0

Benjamin Worgull‏@TheBadgerNation 32m
previews the announcement of Millburn (NJ) DE/TE Jake Pickard (free) http://fb.me/36qCEikcz

Free Article

Announcement Preview: Jake Pickard

1314024.jpg

Jacquie Franciulli
This story was originally published on HooNation.com.

1351562.jpg

Millburn (N.J.) High's Jake Pickard will make his college announcement this evening. At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. previews the announcement.
The moment is here for Jake Pickard. The visits are done and the Millburn (N.J.) High athlete will make his college choice on Thursday evening. At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. takes a look at the players; what it would mean to land Pickard; and we take a look at where he could land.
The Players
Andy Pickard, Jake's father, informed At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.'s Brian Dohn that the 6-foot-6, 230 pounder is down to Oregon, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Syracuse, Virginia and Purdue.
Virginia, Syracuse and Wisconsin received visits from Pickard in the last weeks. He decided to make his decision after talking to his coach and parents on Wednesday , after returning home from his Wisconsin trip on Tuesday night.
Quotables
On Wisconsin:
“I would probably have to rate my visit an 8.5 out of 10,” said Pickard. “I would say that just because I have never been there and the campus is beautiful and everybody there is awesome, so I really got to mesh with the players and there weren’t too many bad things about it. It was awesome."
On Syracuse: “It was me, my mom, my coach, coach Shafer and his wife Missy. We were all just talking about Syracuse overall, that I was overall their number one prospect for defense. We talked about a lot of stuff, it wasn’t just football. Coach Shafer is just an awesome guy and he’s a good coach."
On Virginia:"After talking to them I think this season isn't going to be anything like last season," his first visit to UVa. "Coach London was explaining that they had four seniors last year and this year they have 22…With the knowledge that they have, the new personnel that they have, and the people that they have getting older and more mature and better, this year will be nothing like last."
Scoot's Take
Pickard has peaked college coaches' interest on both sides of the ball. Wisconsin and Syracuse view him as a possible addition to the defensive side of the ball, while, Virginia sees the potential as both a defensive end and a tight end.
National Recruiting Analyst Brian Dohn
"Pickard is an intriguing prospect because of his path to being a Division I recruit. He is rated the No. 46 tight end in the class despite spending his junior year playing offensive tackle out of necessity to help his team.
Moving toward his senior season, though, Pickard will move to tight end. He also plays defensive end, and made 70 tackles, including 2 1/2 sacks, in 2013."
PredictionThis one looks to be a fight between Syracuse and Wisconsin down the stretch, with the Badgers gaining momentum since Pickard's visit to Madison.
Pickard will make his announcement today between 5:15-5:30 at Millburn High school.

Hearing Wisky was slightly ahead after the visit not sure if that will hold up at 5:15.

Hearing Wisky was slightly ahead after the visit not sure if that will hold up at 5:15.

such a buzzkill JC :bang:

We play a better system for him, are closer to home, and offer just as good a education.

Last edited:
such a buzzkill JC :bang:

We play a better system for him, are closer to home, and offer just as good a education.

Dont disagree with your points above but sometimes those things cant overcome where a kid feels like he belongs. Not saying that applies for Pickard but just saying in general. Hopefully after sometime to think about it Syracuase went back to the top.

Knowing that than, having the last visit means everything... ugh

So wisky was ahead but he is going to pick 'Cuse?

I didnt get the definitive answer on where only that after the Wisky visit the source felt they were slightly ahead. That certainly could have changed after some time and additional discussion with family and his coach. That said I think Wisky will be the choice fingers crossed im wrong.

Not sure if it means anything but everytime a kid commits somewhere else after we recruit them Eric White unfollows them on twitter. Eric white is no longer following Jake on twitter . Like I said could mean nothing or could be an early sign.

It would be nice to finally win one against the big guys. Always seems we are in 2nd place when a lot of schools are involved.

Not sure if it means anything but everytime a kid commits somewhere else after we recruit them Eric White unfollows them on twitter. Eric white is no longer following Jake on twitter . Like I said could mean nothing or could be an early sign.

ah jeez, that sucks. Well on to the next.

When I was visiting colleges I always liked the college I visited the most recent the best. I didn't end up going to my last visit. Hopefully things will work out for us

Its definitely a sign.

real bad sign

Orange4 said:

Yup that doesn't bode well. Something seems to have changed and agree that Cuse will still pursue. Don't think he would decommit after he makes this decision. I really felt that at worst today he'd delay the decision if he had shifted to Wisconsin. Still holding out diminished hope.

How do we lose this kid? Shaf personally walked him around campus... He didn't even meet the HC at UW?

Would like to win this one but I'll never begrudge a kid's choice... He earned the opportunities.

I'll never predict again Oh Lord

How do we lose this kid? Shaf personally walked him around campus... He didn't even meet the HC at UW?

Wisconsin campus/area is pretty amazing. They have top notch facilities, and Camp Randall is an advantage. Rabid fanbase is huge too.

This is definitely a tough one to lose.