Class of 2018 - TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo

I hope he's got a few cousins or other relatives we can offer.

BIG COUNTY PREPS ‏@BigCountyPreps1 1h1 hour ago
Judge Culpepper getting some love on the Podcast

BIG COUNTY PREPS ‏@BigCountyPreps1 Apr 30
Gotta be a Steak and Potato house. Look at the size… Rex Culpepper, Plant, QB, 2016, 6-3/225 Judge Culpepper, Plant, TE/DE, 2018, 6-4/230

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/football-plant-31-venice-21/2242378

TAMPA — Plant's biggest task Friday was to figure out a full-time replacement for quarterback Rex Culpepper, the Syracuse commit who tore his ACL three weeks ago and is out for the season.

The answer was not clear after a 31-21 win over Venice in Friday's kickoff classic. The three vying to take over the position — Judge Culpepper, Dane Frantzen and Kyle Trina — all had their moments but Panthers coach Robert Weiner was still reluctant to name a starter for next week's season opener.

"I really like all three of them," Weiner said. "They all played great. We'll have to go back and evaluate the film."

The three quarterbacks alternated series and each led Plant on scoring drives to build a 21-0 early in the second quarter.

Frantzen, who started the game, scored on a 4-yard run on the Panthers' opening series. On the second play of the following drive, Judge Culpepper lofted a pass to Whop Philyor for a 79-yard touchdown. And Trina directed a drive that resulted in a 44-yard touchdown run by Scoop Bradshaw.

Plant's defense also played well despite not having defensive back Juwan Burgess and linebacker Thomas Allen, who were both out with injuries. The Indians were forced to punt on their first three series and were stopped on downs once.

It wasn't until late in the second quarter that Venice found some life on offense, and it came on a big play as quarterback Bryce Carpenter threw an 80-yard screen pass to Courtney Doss to cut it to 21-7 at the half.

After Plant's Stephen Yaffe hit a 30-yard field goal in the third quarter, the Indians answered with two scores. The first was a 44-yard pass from Carpenter to Malik Bryant. The second was a 1-yard run by Doss that cut it to 24-21 in the fourth quarter.

The Panthers rounded out the scoring on Tykese Keaton-Baldwin's 29-yard run with five minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.

Football: Plant 31, Venice 21 08/22/15 [Last modified: Saturday,

They have some really good offensive players in the Tampa area schools. I would like to have a Top 10 defensive plays. I know the Top 10 is actually for both but 99% of the of the plays if not all, were offensive. But I like what I saw.

I would love to have Judge but what position are we thinking? Is TE a big enough part of the offense? Could he still become a QB?

This will be a curious recruitment. I could see Judge opting for a more traditional pro-style offense that involves the TE. However, I don't think Babers would be married to just throwing passes to WR's. If he had a real good pass catching TE I could see that being a big weapon in this offense.

I think this activity pretty much validates that the new staff made Rex a priority recruit because they wanted him and not because of the timing of his early enrollment.

I think this activity pretty much validates that the new staff made Rex a priority recruit because they wanted him and not because of the timing of his early enrollment.
or maybe they just really wanted Judge...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom