Class of 2018 - TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo

I'd like to see what he can do at DE.

What's wrong with having a 6'4" 255 lbs TE. Teams are going to be in nickel and dime packages all the time against Babers' offense. Most college linebackers can't cover. Most college nickels and safeties will be giving up 50lbs and several inches. He'll be a coverage nightmare (assuming, of course, he is a 4.7/4.8 guy).

The colleges that play the best football win with jumbo athletes. We'll make a jump when we stop being undersized all over the field.

Does anyone know where we stand with Judge? When we were lucky enough to land his brother, the family pretty much stated that where Rex goes, Judge goes. However, that was to a different staff and system. They seem to be exploring their options.

Does anyone know where we stand with Judge? When we were lucky enough to land his brother, the family pretty much stated that where Rex goes, Judge goes. However, that was to a different staff and system. They seem to be exploring their options.
The kid has offers from every school in the country. Unless we go 8-4 next season or something above expectations I don't think he's coming here, unfortunately.

The kid has offers from every school in the country. Unless we go 8-4 next season or something above expectations I don't think he's coming here, unfortunately.
Do you know how Babers' relationship with the Culpeppers is? I am sure they understand that the quarterback position is always a dogfight to get on the field and aren't taken aback by DeVito coming in. If Rex had a clear path to the starting QB position, that would probably work in our favor, but fortunately for us, we are developing a stable of capable QB's. Does Judge fit the mold of a TE in Babers' system?

Why would record be the determining factor?

Do you know how Babers' relationship with the Culpeppers is? I am sure they understand that the quarterback position is always a dogfight to get on the field and aren't taken aback by DeVito coming in. If Rex had a clear path to the starting QB position, that would probably work in our favor, but fortunately for us, we are developing a stable of capable QB's. Does Judge fit the mold of a TE in Babers' system?
I don't think it matters if Judge fits or not, I think he's a take no matter what.
Why would record be the determining factor?
I don't think it will be anyways, I don't think he'll end up coming here. But a great record would be a huge show of intent and maybe the staff would be able to compete with the Alabamas if they show an immediate impact.

This is a family of competitors and there is NO WAY any of them are afraid of competition. Of course a former pro football player father understands every position has competition. If they wanted Rex to start for 4 years they would've sent him to Bethune-Cookman.

Judge at Syracuse or not comes down to the relationship the family has with the coaches, education, and his roll/fit in the offense. Babers strikes me as a guy the Culpepper family can also relate to. God fearing family man and humble.

If he has offers from damn near everyone, I'd worry about his intelligence if he didn't explore his options.

Think he needs some edits for his Twitter feed :cool:

I did see he has 60+ recent follows but 5 or 6 of them are Syracuse related including our 2017 TE Commit Aaron Hackett. So he definitely has some interest.

I have to think Judge will seriously consider his father's alma mater and Rex would have gone too if he had the opportunity.
Florida was on his offer list. Our you saying he didn't have the opportunity?

Florida was on his offer list. Our you saying he didn't have the opportunity?
He had the opportunity but didn't commit on the spot so they took away his offer IIRC.

Any scuttlebutt about Judge visiting Syracuse this spring?

My crystal ball thinks we're going to be in it.

Any scuttlebutt about Judge visiting Syracuse this spring?

My crystal ball thinks we're going to be in it.

Skowt consistently mentions him as one of multiple top orange recruits. I would have to think, due to family and staff effort, we'd get a visit sometime before the 2017 season kicks off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom