Class of 2015 - TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown

Lol. So we've officially changed the type of players we're recruiting. We are so f*cked.

Kinda figured we didn't need him after we got Trey. I don't see this as a big loss. One more schollie available for this weekend's visitors.

Lol. So we've officially changed the type of players we're recruiting. We are so f*cked.

Good thing we locked up the class over the summer so the staff could get a jump on 2016.

In all seriousness - just saw a tweet that the coaches have been ignoring his messages since September.

Good lord, coaching staff. Really?

This falls squarely on the shoulders of HC Scott Shafer.

His hands-off approach does not hold people accountable - and it is clear that he does not have a clear vision for the program. This may be a small thing, but this stuff should not be happening

Add to that his nepotistic hires that may or may not have been the best we could attain given our salary structure, and you have the return of the GRob era.

People think this staff is going to magically get better overnight - or next year. It won't. And the sooner everyone (i.e. SU AD) realizes this the better for the future of this football program.

Not sure what transpired here, but holding onto recruits is one of the things Shafer needs to do to keep his job.

3-9 was a major earthquake.

Each prospect lost is an aftershock.

I hate stringing a kid along like this. If he doesn't fit your vision, grow a f**king pair of balls and tell the kid. Crap like this makes me hate college football
Impossible for me to disagree with this sentiment. This is bush league behavior from our staff. It's not like they were too busy spending their time developing winning game plans. Take five minutes and call the kid.

I said it when he committed that I didn't know what the rush was? When you accept a commitment you should know if the kid is good enough to play at this level, whatever system we are running. I mean what was the rush, he didn't have any other options?

The coaches can't find the time to respond to a committed recruit's messages...yup sounds just like family.

I said it when he committed that I didn't know what the rush was? When you accept a commitment you should know if the kid is good enough to play at this level, whatever system we are running. I mean what was the rush, he didn't have any other options?

There are a lot of variables out there. I don't agree with stringing a kid along and not communicating in the hopes he decommits - that's pretty lame, but who knows if that's what really happened here. We're in a P5 conference now and this is how teams operate - if your coaching staff changes, your scheme changes, or you have the ability to upgrade, then you make the move and severe ties with the prior recruit (s). That's why we landed Alin Edouard last year, Miami did the same thing. It is what it is.

This is good news. If the staff can get a better player, which they can, then cut bait. Can't have it both ways fellas.

There are a lot of variables out there. I don't agree with stringing a kid along and not communicating in the hopes he decommits - that's pretty lame, but who knows if that's what really happened here. We're in a P5 conference now and this is how teams operate - if your coaching staff changes, your scheme changes, or you have the ability to upgrade, then you make the move and severe ties with the prior recruit (s). That's why we landed Alin Edouard last year, Miami did the same thing. It is what it is.

I'm pretty much fine with what they did as long as it was communicated. I just don't get the offer in the first place? Seemed like a reach then, and looks like it was.

This is good news. If the staff can get a better player, which they can, then cut bait. Can't have it both ways fellas.
Treatment of kids in this fashion only serves to burn bridges with high school coaches and make us look second rate to other recruits and coaches. It shows little character.

Unfortunately because of NCAA rules the coaches can't comment on why or what happened...so the story is all one sided. I'm sorry for the kid but at least this is happening now and if he is D1 talent he should get other offers.
exactly. We only heard one side of it. But I agree I thought he was a reach and the coaches shouldnt have accepted his commitment in the first place if they werent sure about him.

We know kids will say things that may not be accurate to save face. Maybe the kid is telling the accurate story but maybe he isn't. I really feel bad for him and hope he gets a scholarship from another school. Arkansas State was his only other offer and they have 25 commits already. Hope things turn out well for him

Cutting bait isn't the problem. It's the method of doing it... Lame.

Yeah right what would your way of cutting bait be? I suppose you have a better way.

Burning one bridge in St. Louis is no big whoop. We'll never recruit their again after his staff is gone and if Winfield has a productive career no one will ever remember us backing off.

2nd rate, more like 1st rate move in what's a business to better the program, but questioning character is premature since you have no idea what the facts are. If he's not qualified or something else be sure to come back and say you were wrong.