tgd-time to make a statement or make a change | Syracusefan.com

tgd-time to make a statement or make a change

rosconey

All Conference
when your head coach is open to every single opening in the nfl -its time to do something-

he obviously doesnt want to be at su anymore-if he did he would make a statement of some kind

im not saying fire him because he interviewed- im saying move on because he has dragged this out-

other guys interview and then say what is going to happen-bologna marroney is his usual black hole of info-

how long with no info and bad info(he aint interviewing says hackett then its posted he did)before kids start to walk ?

a little tease is fine- this is becoming a drawn out messy divorce

point is something has to happen-

this is just another example of a bologna marroney info blackout-

when your head coach is open to every single opening in the nfl -its time to do something-

he obviously doesnt want to be at su anymore-if he did he would make a statement of some kind

im not saying fire him because he interviewed- im saying move on because he has dragged this out-

other guys interview and then say what is going to happen-bologna marroney is his usual black hole of info-

how long with no info and bad info(he aint interviewing says hackett then its posted he did)before kids start to walk ?

I guess you've never been contacted regarding a promotion. This is the way it works. They contact you, you talk. Doesn't mean you get an offer or take the job. Nothing unusual here at all.

TGD may be on his own interview tour for a new AD job elsewhere if rumors have any merit...

You are right in the interview he should have said I am not leaving until you give me an answer. He is the one in control as to when the answer is given give me a break from what we know he interviewed with Buffalo hyesterday, and they are not done interviewingg he can not make them make their decision. The hysteria on this board amazes me, I might also add that if you read the article on the substandard it says Zach was told that in the beginning of the week when it was just rumor. People need to realize we do not know what is going on, and really it is his future not ours he does not owe us any explaination, and we do not know what the recruits are being told since went from expressed interest to interviewing...The University being so silent I have more of an issue with

You are right in the interview he should have said I am not leaving until you give me an answer. He is the one in control as to when the answer is given give me a break from what we know he interviewed with Buffalo hyesterday, and they are not done interviewingg he can not make them make their decision. The hysteria on this board amazes me, I might also add that if you read the article on the substandard it says Zach was told that in the beginning of the week when it was just rumor. People need to realize we do not know what is going on, and really it is his future not ours he does not owe us any explaination, and we do not know what the recruits are being told since went from expressed interest to interviewing...The University being so silent I have more of an issue with
I do have an issue with what ZA was apparantly told. Everyone knew this wasnt a "rumor". Lets not play semantics and tell our recruits that "he hasnt interviewed with anyone" when they all know DM was about to interview. Oregon was proactive and transparant, PSU went balls out to keep Bill O'Brien, we're stuck in limbo with disinformation and a gag order on anyone who could tell us anything. Guess thats why Oregon is Oregon, PSU is PSU and we're Syracuse. Between the facilities talk this ordeal has brought to light and how these 3 similar situations have been handled its very obvious why we're nowhere near their level.

Someone offers to interview you for a job for a boatload of money, you listen. You even interview. It's good to know your value. It doesn't mean you are leaving. It's just good to know what's out there.

Everyone needs to step back from the ledge and take a deep breath. All these "Fire him because he takes an interview!" or "Walk away from him because he is disloyal or because he dragged this out!" posts are just crazy. Let things play out. People need to realize that situations like JAB just don't happen that often (or almost ever).

Your lack of understanding is truly mind-boggling.

when your head coach is open to every single opening in the nfl -its time to do something- Marrone is open to the jobs about which he has been contacted.

he obviously doesnt want to be at su anymore-if he did he would make a statement of some kind Where on earth did you get that idea? He is simply open to the idea of coaching in the NFL. Very few coaches wouldn't be.

im not saying fire him because he interviewed- im saying move on because he has dragged this out- No, the process takes some time.

other guys interview and then say what is going to happen-bologna marroney is his usual black hole of info- He has nothing yet to say as he just interviewed with the Bills yesterday and no decision has been made.

how long with no info and bad info(he aint interviewing says hackett then its posted he did)before kids start to walk ? No one is walking. Smith clearly withheld his decision waiting on Marrone.

What divorce? There may be an amical parting of the ways. Or, we may see Marrone get a long contract.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Coach K interviewed with the Lakers once, back in 2004.

I guess Duke should have fired him on the spot. :crazy:

I do have an issue with what ZA was apparantly told. Everyone knew this wasnt a "rumor". Lets not play semantics and tell our recruits that "he hasnt interviewed with anyone" when they all know DM was about to interview. Oregon was proactive and transparant, PSU went balls out to keep Bill O'Brien, we're stuck in limbo with disinformation and a gag order on anyone who could tell us anything. Guess thats why Oregon is Oregon, PSU is PSU and we're Syracuse. Between the facilities talk this ordeal has brought to light and how these 3 similar situations have been handled its very obvious why we're nowhere near their level.

You do not know when the conversation took place or the entire content of the conversation, your source is a crappy blog that calls itself a news source and was less than a paragrapg of content. From Friday until Monday it was rumors that there was interest sop because the substandard reported that earlier this week this was said, again the first report did not even say earlier this week because they do such a crappy job writing it implied that on Thursday he said he has not talked. I just love how we know exactly what is going on, fact is we do not, and Zach does not seem to be devistated by what he was told based upon his Tweets. The guy has taken a couple of interviews and is awaiting the process, intead of saying how it's all his fault, why not point a little disgust towards the University. They could be like Penn State and come through with a package that actually makes him want to still be here instead of implying that things would be getting done that are not. Again that is if what we think we knoiw is true is true, but the fact is we do not know , and are not owed a statement from anyone but the University since they are the ones that we buy our tickets or entertainment from

You do not know when the conversation took place or the entire content of the conversation, your source is a crappy blog that calls itself a news source and was less than a paragrapg of content. From Friday until Monday it was rumors that there was interest sop because the substandard reported that earlier this week this was said, again the first report did not even say earlier this week because they do such a crappy job writing it implied that on Thursday he said he has not talked. I just love how we know exactly what is going on, fact is we do not, and Zach does not seem to be devistated by what he was told based upon his Tweets. The guy has taken a couple of interviews and is awaiting the process, intead of saying how it's all his fault, why not point a little disgust towards the University. They could be like Penn State and come through with a package that actually makes him want to still be here instead of implying that things would be getting done that are not. Again that is if what we think we knoiw is true is true, but the fact is we do not know , and are not owed a statement from anyone but the University since they are the ones that we buy our tickets or entertainment from
3/4 of my post is blaming the University in regards to this situation. Thats what im comparing with PSU and Oregon.

Your lack of understanding is truly mind-boggling.

What divorce? There may be an amical parting of the ways. Or, we may see Marrone get a long contract.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch.
I don't get it. Dragging the process out? One of the 7 NFL openings has been filled. It has been 5 days since the seven coaches were fired. It generally takes 2-3 weeks for the openings to get filled. This is stupid that people are demanding Marrone's firing, or a "mutual parting of ways"

I'm glad there a still a few sane people out there, but this is getting out of hand. Can't wait to see what it looks like in 10 days when the Bills are on the third round of interviews as playoff candidates become available, and Marrone hasn't been officially eliminated...

all these posts telling me im wrong-and not one about how this is effecting recruiting-

its not like 3 more weeks of this will have any adverse effects on recruiting right libero2?

I guess you've never been contacted regarding a promotion. This is the way it works. They contact you, you talk. Doesn't mean you get an offer or take the job. Nothing unusual here at all.

lol- right like you know anything about me -

i have been up and up when contacted- didnt play one side against the other

Coach K interviewed with the Lakers once, back in 2004.

I guess Duke should have fired him on the spot. :crazy:

I'm sure the process played out in private, and once it was made public, the university was not left hanging for very long, and K came out with a statement. It's the duration of this that is troubling.

all these posts telling me im wrong-and not one about how this is effecting recruiting-

its not like 3 more weeks of this will have any adverse effects on recruiting right libero2?
You want to know what will have a real effect on recruiting? Firing Marrone and essentially the entire staff of people who recruited this class. Those kids are nervous and will consider backing off SU if Marrone leaves, they won't go anywhere if he stays. If we fire him, we guarantee they leave. It's better to wait it out since its more than likely he comes back because he just isn't going to get an NFL job. When he comes back, we will keep the kids that already verbaled to us, and if Laray was coming, he will still come.

That's the impact on recruiting. You fire Marrone and we will lose a big chunk of our recruits, heck you probably lose most if we hire outside the administraton we will likely lose all the people who recruited our current class, which means we lose most if not all of the guys we recruited.

The best thing for our recruiting, is to wait it out. If DM moves on at the end, then we are still better off than if we fired him, because then we can at least make the play that our last coach was so good, he went to the NFL.

The best play for SU is to let this situation play out. Signing day isn't for a month, there is plenty of time for DM to come back, and to assure the recruits he is here, and will be here.

1 nba team with a massive history-

compared to a wisconsin interview and 3-4-5 nfl interviews with most being piss poor run franchises

You want to know what will have a real effect on recruiting? Firing Marrone and essentially the entire staff of people who recruited this class. Those kids are nervous and will consider backing off SU if Marrone leaves, they won't go anywhere if he stays. If we fire him, we guarantee they leave. It's better to wait it out since its more than likely he comes back because he just isn't going to get an NFL job. When he comes back, we will keep the kids that already verbaled to us, and if Laray was coming, he will still come.

That's the impact on recruiting. You fire Marrone and we will lose a big chunk of our recruits, heck you probably lose most if we hire outside the administraton we will likely lose all the people who recruited our current class, which means we lose most if not all of the guys we recruited.

The best thing for our recruiting, is to wait it out. If DM moves on at the end, then we are still better off than if we fired him, because then we can at least make the play that our last coach was so good, he went to the NFL.

The best play for SU is to let this situation play out. Signing day isn't for a month, there is plenty of time for DM to come back, and to assure the recruits he is here, and will be here.

how can anyone with a mind say su has plenty of time?- signing day is a month away and if bologna marroney decides to leave the ad has a very short time to get a new hire and staff together before signing day-

I don't know a ton about the situation, but I'm betting, no statement was made to clarify the situation and the "duration" Matt mentioned almost assuredly surpassed 5 freaking days.

On top of that, K was only going for one opening, and not being pursued, with mutual interest, by multiple teams. It's just going to take time. People need to let it play out. In the next 5-7 days DM will know if he has a legit shot at an NFL job or not. He may choose to wait until all jobs are filled before making an announcement or he may make an announcement next week that he is returning to SU.

Either way, this is how these situations play out. People just need to relax and allow everything to go forth and work itself out

how can anyone with a mind say su has plenty of time?- signing day is a month away and if bologna marroney decides to leave the ad has a very short time to get a new hire and staff together before signing day-
Yes, and I meant when Marrone ( thats where this is all going anyways...) comes back, there is plenty of time.

You want to hire a good coach, you have to accept situations like this may happen.

If Marrone leaves, we are in trouble either way, but less trouble if he moves to the NFL than if we fire him for taking a damn interview. What self-respecting coach wants to work for a university that will fire them for taking an interview in the NFL?

Just calm down and let things play out...

I don't know a ton about the situation, but I'm betting, no statement was made to clarify the situation and the "duration" Matt mentioned almost assuredly surpassed 5 freaking days.

On top of that, K was only going for one opening, and not being pursued, with mutual interest, by multiple teams. It's just going to take time. People need to let it play out. In the next 5-7 days DM will know if he has a legit shot at an NFL job or not. He may choose to wait until all jobs are filled before making an announcement or he may make an announcement next week that he is returning to SU.

Either way, this is how these situations play out. People just need to relax and allow everything to go forth and work itself out

Marrone didn't get the Cleveland job. He's not at the top of the list in Buffalo.

After he talks to the Philly people today, he'll issue a statement that he's no longer a candidate for either job.

I hope.

Marrone didn't get the Cleveland job. He's not at the top of the list in Buffalo.

After he talks to the Philly people today, he'll issue a statement that he's no longer a candidate for either job.

I hope.
I doubt it. He will wait until a few openings close first. Lets say he feels he is the #2 candidate in Philly or buffalo, and thinks there is a chance the top guy in either place goes to Az or SD, he will stay on the process and wait it out. It won't make a difference and he will be back at SU by the end of next week, after being passed over for both Jobs.

But it's still going to take a while before things get organized and play out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom