that level of effort every night | Syracusefan.com

that level of effort every night

upperdeck

Living Legend
is what is required.

UNC is just too big so they get easy points.. and they do it against everyone .

but if we played that well against most teams we would be fine coming down the stretch.

We hit shots but we committed AWFUL turnovers between Gillon and Lydon and boxed out like we were the girl's modified team at the Academy of the blind.

Come again?

I don't really think we played well. I think UNC was really lacksadasical at times, frankly. Lydon was going one on one and playing great to bail us out. PG play was horrendous. Everybody on the team was picking up their dribbles for god knows what reasons too far from the basket. Travels, bad passes, watching UNC grab rebounds, etc. I could go on and on.

I can remember when we had talent to play with good teams like this...and we expected to win...and did at least half the time. Call me old but the new world of getting perpetually punked by UNC and Duke stinks.

I can remember when we had talent to play with good teams like this...and we expected to win...and did at least half the time. Call me old but the new world of getting perpetually punked by UNC and Duke stinks.

Agreed. We don't have the same athletes. Even three years ago with Jerami Grant, Rakeem Christmas, C.J. Fair we were fine.

Agreed. We don't have the same athletes. Even three years ago with Jerami Grant, Rakeem Christmas, C.J. Fair we were fine.

The crazy thing is, that team that lost to Dayton would trounce this team by 20.

I don't really think we played well. I think UNC was really lacksadasical at times, frankly. Lydon was going one on one and playing great to bail us out. PG play was horrendous. Everybody on the team was picking up their dribbles for god knows what reasons too far from the basket. Travels, bad passes, watching UNC grab rebounds, etc. I could go on and on.
The fact that people think Syracuse played well this game is bananaland. Horrid defensively in all aspects. Scored some points offensively, but they were mostly all contested shots and there will be plenty of games remaining where a lot of those will not go in. Another 15+ point loss.

The fact that people think Syracuse played well this game is bananaland. Horrid defensively in all aspects. Scored some points offensively, but they were all contested shots and there will be plenty of games remaining where a lot of those will not go in. Another 15+ point loss.
Yeah, Lydon was like 10-12. I doubt he shoots 12 times the rest of the season in one game lol.

Great post and observation. But, I disagree with one thing you said, that our guards were picking up their dribbles for god knows why? You do know why, our guards (not Battle) have poor handles and can't do in thing when pressured, or in traffic...other than turn it over and look completely incompetent at the position. :):(

We are a bad bball team, its as simple as that, we are probably going to be 11-9 come the end of the weekend.

Gillion was horrible. He can't drive against these guys
Battle was mehhh. Hit some shots. Did like the driving to the basket
White was good hit shots. But perimeter D needs to be better
Lydon was awesome on offense but he traveled like what 4 times
Robey was energetic and was one of the only fighting for boards

Yeah, Lydon was like 10-12. I doubt he shoots 12 times the rest of the season in one game lol.
The dude had 3 travel violations.

You can hit 10 shots a game and lose every time with unnecessary mental lapses like that.

Great post and observation. But, I disagree with one thing you said, that our guards were picking up their dribbles for god knows why? You do know why, our guards (not Battle) have poor handles and can't do in thing when pressured, or in traffic...other than turn it over and look completely incompetent at the position. :):(

I get that but there are times they DO go downhill. Too many times tonight they just plain stopped dribbling off no pressure and the rest of the players didn't know what the hell was going on until someone had to come and bail somebody out. UNC wasn't even pressuring hard. Still, you're right. Shaky handles will do that to you. We've seen too much of this the past three years or so.

Good effort, though our guys were fatigued and looked bad down the stretch (thought Gillon in particular was handled poorly - no matter what Howard did in the first half, get a sub in and extend Gillon's rest through the under-8:00 timeout).

Regardless, good intentions by themselves don't make a good zone defense. We've got too many holes. Roberson's good but undersized. Battle does some things very well. Everyone else on the court is below average. A zone might hide one guy, but not three.

I agree with your whole negative post except one negative aspect of it that wasn't negative enough. Classic.

We shot really well. Funny how this year's shooting could have gotten us a natty on the 2013 team but now our defense is crap and we have have too many turnovers. Can you imagine these shooters with guards who could consistently create good shots for them? Crazy.

We shot really well. Funny how this year's shooting could have gotten us a natty on the 2013 team but now our defense is crap and we have have too many turnovers. Can you imagine these shooters with guards who could consistently create good shots for them? Crazy.

Triche, MCW, Southerland, Fair, and Lydon with White and Battle first off the bench would have been quite amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom