The 3-5-5 proposal must not be close to happening | Syracusefan.com

The 3-5-5 proposal must not be close to happening

John Dell ‏@johndellWSJ
Wake Forest and North Carolina have scheduled a two-game, home-and-home football non-conference series for 2019 and 2021..

If Wake and UNC are playing non-conference games we should call Miami ASAP. As I would love to play the Canes.
This development shows just how insane the 2-division set-up is.

John Dell ‏@johndellWSJ
Wake Forest and North Carolina have scheduled a two-game, home-and-home football non-conference series for 2019 and 2021..

If Wake and UNC are playing non-conference games we should call Miami ASAP. As I would love to play the Canes.
fascinating...and smart.

although, i think once the P5 does their thing, this will be scrapped.

its a good safety net for sure.

They get to play an in-state rival more than twice every 12 years, and it satisfies the requirement for an OOC game against a P5 team.

I'd be very surprised if the current 2 division setup lasts much longer beyond this year. It looks like the ACC really wants to change it, and in this era of increasing autonomy they should get their way.

How friggin' stupid is this divisional alignment and scheduling process that conference teams are scheduling non-conference games to play each other more than once a decade?

UGH.

Even if 3-5-5 doesn't come to pass the ACC has to address the idiocy of this alignment. The gotta construct the divisions in a way that dumps the permanent cross-over. If that means Miami and FSU are in the same division then so be it. They haven't met in the ACC CG one damn time in 10 years anyway!

Yeah, I have to believe these games will never happen as OOC games. Something has to give as far as divisional scheduling. The ACC is supposedly full of brainiacs, there's got to be a solution.

I do agree that if they can't make a 3-3-5 work, they've got to get rid of the crossover. If that means north-south, it is what it is. Something's got to give.

Yeah, I have to believe these games will never happen as OOC games. Something has to give as far as divisional scheduling. The ACC is supposedly full of brainiacs, there's got to be a solution.

I do agree that if they can't make a 3-3-5 work, they've got to get rid of the crossover. If that means north-south, it is what it is. Something's got to give.

Yep. Absent 3-5-5 it seems like the two divisional cores need to be the 4 North Carolina schools and the 4 southern schools (FSU, Miami, Clemson, GaTech). The other 6 have to fit into those cores somehow.

Easiest path might just be to take UVA, VaTech and Louisville and put them with the NC schools, and take SU, BC and Pitt and put them with the southern schools.

Yep. Absent 3-5-5 it seems like the two divisional cores need to be the 4 North Carolina schools and the 4 southern schools (FSU, Miami, Clemson, GaTech). The other 6 have to fit into those cores somehow.

Easiest path might just be to take UVA, VaTech and Louisville and put them with the NC schools, and take SU, BC and Pitt and put them with the southern schools.
Syracuse with the south would make for a hell of a battle for 5th, thats for sure.

3-5-5 has GOT to happen.

Maybe it's a ploy to show the stupidity of divisions? Might gain support for doing away with them by the feedback this generates.

Cheers,
Neil

omniorange said:
Maybe it's a ploy to show the stupidity of divisions? Might gain support for doing away with them by the feedback this generates. Cheers, Neil
my reading comp is low so is one div on way sooner than later?

fascinating...and smart.

although, i think once the P5 does their thing, this will be scrapped.

its a good safety net for sure.

I agree...obviously built as a backup plan...sends a message to Swoffie.

It looks like we are next. Brent Axe just tweeted we are exploring a non league game vs UNC as well.

How is that a draw for NY, and if we agree to a "neutral" fb game in Charlotte, that would be so dumb.

There's no point in overreacting... but let's just go on record as saying please no more NYC football games.

It had a purpose, that need is long gone, and it's now a waste of everyone's time.

Especially for a conference opponent (I know it'd be an OOC game). UNC wants to appease their NY alums? Let them travel a few hours up to CNY.

How does this work with TV money? I could very well be mistaken but I thought that the home team is the team whose conference holds the rights to the games. So basically if the ACC starts playing OOC games with conference mates wouldn’t that increase the inventory thereby increasing conference revenue?

Must be a HS field in Brooklyn that we could use for an afternoon, because 25K in MetLife just won't cut it

:puke:

Yankee Stadium would be ok...surely if they went to Met Life the payout would be severely reduced. I'd doubt you would see more than 35-40k in there.

Janner I think the ACC would receive 1 TV share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom