The ACC refs were horrible last night | Syracusefan.com

The ACC refs were horrible last night

PhatOrange

Living Legend
too funny knowing this is pretty standard ACC officiating

Off the top of my head;

-The fumble recovery. No way does one hand on the ball like that constitute possession.

-the bobbled TD catch

-the late hit where the defender jumped over mcsorley. He didn’t even hit him.

-the targeting. Could go either way on this but the QB was a ball carrier and the hit was more to the upper chest area. We’ve seen Dungey take far worse hits to the head when running and it’s never called.

The Rose Bowl crew was absolutely atrocious.

You forgot to list the blatant pass interference before PSU's interception early in the second half, that set up their third touchdown. It was almost as though they were on the take, the officiating was so lopsided in favor of PSU.

And most of these weren't close calls. Or at least, they shouldn't have been.

The Rose Bowl crew was absolutely atrocious.

You forgot to list the blatant pass interference before PSU's interception early in the second half, that set up their third touchdown. It was almost as though they were on the take, the officiating was so lopsided in favor of PSU.

And most of these weren't close calls. Or at least, they shouldn't have been.
It's games like that that make me glad we have replay. Blatant missed calls right in front of the ref. And on the targeting call I thought the tackler brought McSorley down to the level where the 2nd hit ended up with helmet contact. Its gotten to the point where a ball carrier can lower his head into a hit and get the targeting call. And why do replay crews suck so bad?

I was happy they reversed the downfield blocking penalty call on the USC TD on the screen pass in the second quarter but the fact they called the penalty to begin with is bonkers.

Clay Helton looked like he wanted to break the line judge in half in the third quarter with all the BS calls/no calls against USC.

The Penn State mascot must have been the one in the booth reviewing the plays.

I didn't have a problem with the targeting call. I try to view those as how would I react if it happened to an SU player. And I would have wanted that called.

The hit on the slide a couple plays before was a crappy call.

The fumble recovery...I've never seen anything like it. Next step is that there will be no more battles for a fumble, someone could get hurt! Closest guy to the football is awarded possession.

The Penn State mascot must have been the one in the booth reviewing the plays.

I don't think it was anyone from Penn st, as we know all Penn staters like to turn a blind eye to the truth.

It's games like that that make me glad we have replay. Blatant missed calls right in front of the ref. And on the targeting call I thought the tackler brought McSorley down to the level where the 2nd hit ended up with helmet contact. Its gotten to the point where a ball carrier can lower his head into a hit and get the targeting call. And why do replay crews suck so bad?
Agreed...with the helmet lowering.

BTW, Shamarko would've been banned for life with these targeting rules.