The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Crap! ThbeTwerps win. Now Rutgers has an excuse to can Flood. Here's to hoping he gets an extension.

It's 11am EST and Flood is still Head Coach. lol. lots of chatter that he's gone and of course Hermann is meeting with the school President today, but nothing has been confirmed. I would so love it if they kept him. But, I also expect an NCAA investigation into his meddling with an associate professor and that was probably the last straw for the school.

I can't imagine they will be able to get a quality hire. By the time they fire everyone and then hire people responsible for hiring a coach, SU will already be headed to our next bowl game.

Let's not forget they had grounds to fire Flood with cause back in September and avoid having to pay him. Now they will be on the hook for a $1.4m buyout.

Let's not forget they had grounds to fire Flood with cause back in September and avoid having to pay him. Now they will be on the hook for a $1.4m buyout.
I don't think that prevents them from doing so now. But they better do it soon.

I don't think that prevents them from doing so now. But they better do it soon.
I think it's much harder since they already punished him with the 3 game suspension and let him coach the rest of the season.

I think it's much harder since they already punished him with the 3 game suspension and let him coach the rest of the season.
True, unless more is known of which we are unaware. With guys like this there is always something.

Always good to fire your coach right after you fire your AD so that you have to hire a coach before you hire an AD. They are a complete mess.

No matter how you feel about Shafer's firing, at least be encouraged that SU is run by grown ups who approached this the right way.

This is really too bad. Hermann consistently poured tires onto the dumpster fire that is Rutgers. It was fun to watch. It's always possible that Rutgers could hire someone competent, purely by mistake. But I wouldn't count on it.

All good things must come to an end.
I have faith that Rutgers will pull itself together to properly screw up either the AD hire or HC hire or possibly both. They cannot have too much cash to work with as they are insurmountably in debt.