The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

That's the thing. Dohn has inflated their recruits the past ten years and now they see what they have. I read an article where Dohn said recruiting was down under Flood ... Umm I thought he was pulling top 40 classes? They had one very good class as Schiano left. But that was the outlier ... They were recruiting at a level slightly higher than us. Now they need a good coach and staff to get the most out of the kids they have, otherwise they will be back where they started. Staring at 2-4 win seasons every year, because their crutch of smartly scheduling down will not be there much longer. I give Ash a pass this year, even if there are major red flags everywhere (see GRob, first year) ... Heck even Gerg had a 4 win season. But they need to find some wins to finish the year. Otherwise they may be staring down their future - and it is not pretty.

Edit:
I think they may win vs Minny tomorrow, but other than that the best bets would be Maryland or Indiana ... They are staring at 2-10 or 3-9 year.

Last edited:
That's the thing. Dohn has inflated their recruits the past ten years and now they see what they have. I read an article where Dohn said recruiting was down under Flood ... Umm I thought he was pulling top 40 classes? They had one very good class as Schiano left. But that was the outlier ... They were recruiting at a level slightly higher than us. Now they need a good coach and staff to get the most out of the kids they have, otherwise they will be back where they started. Staring at 2-4 win seasons every year, because their crutch of smartly scheduling down will not be there much longer. I give Ash a pass this year, even if there are major red flags everywhere (see GRob, first year) ... Heck even Gerg had a 4 win season. But they need to find some wins to finish the year. Otherwise they may be staring down their future - and it is not pretty.

Edit:
I think they may win vs Minny tomorrow, but other than that the best bets would be Maryland or Indiana ... They are staring at 2-10 or 3-9 year.

Min is a 21 point favorite.

Some valid points here. Thing is who cares about a "better showing?" Rutgers was not coming close to beating OSU or Michigan. There are no moral victories. Could they have run a modified version of the spread to fit their personnel a bit better and move the ball a little bit more? Sure but that would be setting the install of the offense back a year. I agree Mehringer may get demoted after this season and I've already heard rumblings about there being money for an experienced OC. As for talent...those RU fans who were bragging about recruiting under Flood are idiots. Who cares if RU classes were ranked a few spots ahead of Cuse? They never landed a QB who could play in the Big Ten until Ash got Oden. Just my personal opinion but once you get outside of the Top 15 ranked classes or so the difference is really splitting hairs. For example...the difference between the 10th ranked class and the 30th ranked class is light years apart from the difference between the 40th ranked class and the 60th ranked class. Had RU had replicated their #23 class in 2012 over the course of 3-4 additional classes than maybe the lack of talent excuse would be moot. But they did not. It's clear to the naked eye they don't have Big Ten level players, especially at QB, WR, LB and in the kicking game.

Minnesota just got done blasting Maryland. They're gonna roll Rutgers.

Last week, Rutgers almost scored the upset of the century, losing a close game to Minnesota 34-32.

Chris Ash, has made a big impact, especially on defense, where Rutgers fans have convinced themselves he is a guru.

Rutgers defensive stats 2015 and 2016:

Total Defense 111th to 88th
Scoring Defense 104th to 117th
Rushing Defense 84th to 123rd

Some valid points here. Thing is who cares about a "better showing?" Rutgers was not coming close to beating OSU or Michigan. There are no moral victories. Could they have run a modified version of the spread to fit their personnel a bit better and move the ball a little bit more? Sure but that would be setting the install of the offense back a year. I agree Mehringer may get demoted after this season and I've already heard rumblings about there being money for an experienced OC. As for talent...those RU fans who were bragging about recruiting under Flood are idiots. Who cares if RU classes were ranked a few spots ahead of Cuse? They never landed a QB who could play in the Big Ten until Ash got Oden. Just my personal opinion but once you get outside of the Top 15 ranked classes or so the difference is really splitting hairs. For example...the difference between the 10th ranked class and the 30th ranked class is light years apart from the difference between the 40th ranked class and the 60th ranked class. Had RU had replicated their #23 class in 2012 over the course of 3-4 additional classes than maybe the lack of talent excuse would be moot. But they did not. It's clear to the naked eye they don't have Big Ten level players, especially at QB, WR, LB and in the kicking game.

We are very familiar with these excuses.

Word on their board is that they are probably going to lose another one. It would be classic if they lost their QB recruit. You know, the one RutgersAl believes will start and beat OSU and UM next year.

Word on their board is that they are probably going to lose another one. It would be classic if they lost their QB recruit. You know, the one RutgersAl believes will start and beat OSU and UM next year.

Who knows what RutgersAli really believes underneath all that Schtick.

His talents are wasted on this bizarre pumping of the future RU football.

He belongs in Politics where it's common place to say things that everyone knows are bullshxt, but which many buy into or at least like listening to.

He would have been good leading wagon trains west in the 19thC.

He would tell people undergoing horrible hardships just how great it was going to be just over the next hill. And they would listen because they want so badly to believe.

Who knows what RutgersAli really believes underneath all that Schtick.

His talents are wasted on this bizarre pumping of the future RU football.

He belongs in Politics where it's common place to say things that everyone knows are bullshxt, but which many buy into or at least like listening to.

He would have been good leading wagon trains west in the 19thC.

He would tell people undergoing horrible hardships just how great it was going to be just over the next hill. And they would listen because they want so badly to believe.

They did, Jonathon Taylor decommitted today.

Am I being overly critical in thinking that a new basketball facility that will house other sports means that it is actually just another gym that they are building? The facilities war is over DEDICATED facilities where the players can practice at their leisure, not share it with other sports.

Am I being overly critical in thinking that a new basketball facility that will house other sports means that it is actually just another gym that they are building? The facilities war is over DEDICATED facilities where the players can practice at their leisure, not share it with other sports.
I'll preface this by saying I don't know anything about the facility. However, if you're going to be fair, if basketball is the only team that will have practice facilities in the building and it's going to house the lacrosse and/or field hockey, etc. locker rooms, it's still a bball practice facility in my mind. {Gosh, I feel dirty defending them.}

I'll preface this by saying I don't know anything about the facility. However, if you're going to be fair, if basketball is the only team that will have practice facilities in the building and it's going to house the lacrosse and/or field hockey, etc. locker rooms, it's still a bball practice facility in my mind. {Gosh, I feel dirty defending them.}
I would agree with that, it isn't exactly clear, but I can see them having the intent to compete in the facilities arms race, but after going through the process having the plans bastardized to the point it is not a dedicated facility. Sounds like our government, good intentions get all politicked up.

You should self impose a posting ban of 9 hours and vacate 108 likes for this post...