The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 184 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Awesome. Let them become the destination school for lazy potheads with no discipline, who are more concerned with having a good time than winning games.

Ummmm...wasn't that how they got from the first game to the ESB was lit one night for them with no football recollection between the two? Just a theory...

Here is my companies policy and I work for the global leader in the beer industry:
Hair Test
Test positive for weed first time - three additional random tests in 12 months (two urine & one hair)
Must visit social worker in person twice to get okay that you are normal and call EAP every two weeks for a year to check in
Test positive again...TERMINATED!
For my work, you must be clean but to collect entitlements and play football at RU, you can smoke weed or do whatever. This is not right!
I go in as a contractor and if we test positive...we are done there.

Is anyone else surprised that there haven't been more decommits from Rutgers?
i am not this year. ash can recruit, and is new, offering hope and the big 10. he just made two vg new hires on his coaching staff as well. i was hoping for more, maybe some we may want---do not see that happening at this point---hope i am wrong

i am not this year. ash can recruit, and is new, offering hope and the big 10. he just made two vg new hires on his coaching staff as well. i was hoping for more, maybe some we may want---do not see that happening at this point---hope i am wrong

Another losing season will move him closer to the edge; combine that with us getting better...

Marijuana is a gateway drug...and IMHO makes you lazy and unmotivated. Just my 2 cents...seen too many kids fall into the trap.

Rutgers can recruit all the potheads they can get.

Marijuana is a gateway drug...and IMHO makes you lazy and unmotivated. Just my 2 cents...seen too many kids fall into the trap.

I know many successful adults who partake. Also knew a ton of people in college who used it and had zero motivation issues. Feel like people look to the worst portion of the users for their sample. It absolutely is a gateway drug for some, but my opinion is those people will find other drugs regardless. By the way there is no gateway drug more dangerous than the standard prescription pain killer. We give those to our players frequently I would guess in times of injury.

If not they are easy to find and are. It tested for. Way more dangerous.

I think you can make arguments on both sides of the coin... By and large, most successful adults I know do not smoke pot. This is not judgement either way, just an observation.

Another losing season will move him closer to the edge; combine that with us getting better...
a losing season will mean nothing if they show some improvement 5 wins and is somewhat competitive with bigs, that will make a difference. very much like we have said about dino.

My best friend smoked daily. Hardest worker I knew.

My best friend smoked daily. Hardest worker I knew.
I had a friend who smoked daily, was totally unmotivated and lazy. But he was all of those things BEFORE he started smoking weed. Each case is different. All weed, or any other drug does, is to exacerbate what's already there. JMHO.
Alcohol is much worse imo. Not uniformly, but in the aggregate, oh yeah.
Agreed.

It's one thing to keep this policy internal,but to to put this out to the press is sending a clear message to recruits who smoke. Does rutgers treat this to other students as the same who get caught on campus 4 times with weed,or do they dismiss students. What is a state school policy in NJ.

Alcohol is much worse imo. Not uniformly, but in the aggregate, oh yeah.

Agreed. But neither is helpful to athletic performance.

Obviously there are plenty of kids on every D-1 team out there that smoke weed, many of whom are hard workers and great players and many of whom don't do it to the detriment of their performance.

My point above was more about hopefully they'll attract the types of kids who are too focused on it and into it since this seems to be a bit of an extreme policy.

a losing season will mean nothing if they show some improvement 5 wins and is somewhat competitive with bigs, that will make a difference. very much like we have said about dino.

They were just so far from that though. Long ways to go. Another year with multiple blowouts, shutouts, and boring football would really put them in a bad place. Lots of losing teams out there, but Rutgers was embarrassingly bad last year to where it really stood out.

They were just so far from that though. Long ways to go. Another year with multiple blowouts, shutouts, and boring football would really put them in a bad place. Lots of losing teams out there, but Rutgers was embarrassingly bad last year to where it really stood out.
O$U, UM, MSU & PSU will try to outdo their efforts from this year. RU is going to get smashed by those four for the foreseeable future.

I think you can make arguments on both sides of the coin... By and large, most successful adults I know do not smoke pot. This is not judgement either way, just an observation.
That you know of ;)

Speaking of smoking something

Awesome. Let them become the destination school for lazy potheads with no discipline, who are more concerned with having a good time than winning games.

Funny thing is that I would bet that there is a correlation between the best players being the laziest and ones that smoke the most weekd hence it's prevalence in the NBA and NFL.

Their new policy is probably a good move for them to get better players.