The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 185 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Im fine with it. Agreed it is safe, but it speaks to ability to adhere to societal rules. Fact is, its not legal EVERYWHERE YET.

Fixed it for you, the criminality of weed has been ridiculous for a very very long time.

Those are the real facts and bitching about it isn't going to stop or slow the legalization.

California
Colorado
Washington
Oregon
Alaska
Washington DC
Nevada - As of Jan 1, 2017
Mass - Legal as of 12/31/16
Maine - Will be legal as soon as the Governor certifies election results

These above of course are included in the 28 states that have legalized medical marijuana.

It will be legal everywhere over the next 10 years or so and then you have no argument whatsoever and drug policies that reference weed will be a thing of the past.

Just sayin.

Fixed it for you, the criminality of weed has been ridiculous for a very very long time.

Those are the real facts and bitching about it isn't going to stop or slow the legalization.

California
Colorado
Washington
Oregon
Alaska
Washington DC
Nevada - As of Jan 1, 2017
Mass - Legal as of 12/31/16
Maine - Will be legal as soon as the Governor certifies election results

These above of course are included in the 28 states that have legalized medical marijuana.

It will be legal everywhere over the next 10 years or so and then you have no argument whatsoever and drug policies that reference weed will be a thing of the past.

Just sayin.

I would be fine with it being legalized nationally. But the fact is I really dont give 2 shits about it one way or another. But I do have issue with the inability to follow the current laws within your current jurisdiction. Does not speak highly of intellect or responsibility.

very interesting article on nj.com re where the the top 50 nj recruits are going or who is undecided. ru got 10 of of them 2 in the top 1o. bc got 3 including the 11th rated. its a very good read, there seems to be a number of undecided as the list mixes classes includes fr. so. jr.. i wonder if we are involved with some of them

very interesting article on nj.com re where the the top 50 nj recruits are going or who is undecided. ru got 10 of of them 2 in the top 1o. bc got 3 including the 11th rated. its a very good read, there seems to be a number of undecided as the list mixes classes includes fr. so. jr.. i wonder if we are involved with some of them
Here is the article.

Like so many topics, this is a repeat - but let's talk it through.

It's always good to get the best talent that fits your scheme that is the closest to your school. History has proven that NJ is important to our program. There is no denying that. But your laser focus on Rutgers is missing the woods for the trees.

1. We got the best QB for our system out of NJ.

2. If you're not getting the best from NJ, how are you building your class?

3. If you slot the top 50 from NJ into the top 100 from FL - how many NJ kids fall out of the top 100?

4. Geography really matters less than fit/talent. In the end - get the best players you can.

5. Back to Rutgers/BC. Recruiting is important, but if you suck and your coach starts to wobble (looking at you Dazzler)... it will tail off eventually. Ash did a nice job of coming in and building rapport with all of the NJ HS coaches. But the sell will get harder and harder the further they get from the start date with diminishing returns. You can see them as some kind of threat if you want - but they were historically bad last year.

I think it will be good to watch and see if we can dig into NJ more in the coming years. But it's not priority number 1. Number 1 is the best talent and the best fit; period.

It's always good to get the best talent that fits your scheme that is the closest to your school. History has proven that NJ is important to our program. There is no denying that. But your laser focus on Rutgers is missing the woods for the trees.

3. If you slot the top 50 from NJ into the top 100 from FL - how many NJ kids fall out of the top 100?

4. Geography really matters less than fit/talent. In the end - get the best players you can.

5. Back to Rutgers/BC. Recruiting is important, but if you suck and your coach starts to wobble (looking at you Dazzler)... it will tail off eventually. Ash did a nice job of coming in and building rapport with all of the NJ HS coaches. But the sell will get harder and harder the further they get from the start date with diminishing returns. You can see them as some kind of threat if you want - but they were historically bad last year.

I think it will be good to watch and see if we can dig into NJ more in the coming years. But it's not priority number 1. Number 1 is the best talent and the best fit; period.
I couldnt agree with you more. Good stuff my man

Todderick Hunt has 10 Rutgers commits in the top 50 in NJ??? I'm shocked!!!

A friend of mine who is a hs coach in nj, who has seen Devito a few times, told me he will be our starting qb at some point next year.

A friend of mine who is a hs coach in nj, who has seen Devito a few times, told me he will be our starting qb at some point next year.
Nice compliment for sure, but starting over a healthy Dungey at any point during the year would seem unlikely IMHO

Todderick Hunt has 10 Rutgers commits in the top 50 in NJ??? I'm shocked!!!
I just read the article and correct me if I'm wrong but I only counted 9. 1-4-15-20 then 5 from 30-50. That's not very impressive.

Anyone know what Toad was doing before becoming the recruiting guru for NJ.com? I am being sarcastic of course with my use of the word guru

Anyone know what Toad was doing before becoming the recruiting guru for NJ.com? I am being sarcastic of course with my use of the word guru
Screenshot_2017-01-13-23-21-50.png

Also a Rutgers alum

Rough day for SUNJ. Trill Williams a 2018 kid decommitted and 2017 Watts decommitted. Watts stings more because he was a legacy recruit. :rolling:

Select one of the following:

1. We found a better recruit
2. Academics issue
3. Not a good fit for our new system
4. Other off-field issues
5. Was never really committed
6. Failed to meet Rutgers standards
7. No commit-able offer (HT - TexasCPA)
8. Other

This should streamline the Rutger's Board excuse threads. Much quicker to read and analyze, though the conclusion is generally the same: The kid caught on to what Rutgers football really is.

Last edited:
Select one of the following:

1. We found a better recruit
2. Academics issue
3. Not a good fit for our new system
4. Other off-field issues
5. Was never really committed
6. Failed to meet Rutgers standards
7. Other

This should streamline the Rutger's Board excuse threads. Much quicker to read and analyze, though the conclusion is generally the same: The kid caught on to what Rutgers football really is.

You forgot the standard bearer: No commit-able offer.