The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 223 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

today on Packer's college sports station radio show he did an entire rant about how embarrassing it is that in the last 5 games against these 4 teams (OSU, PSU, UM and MSU) the girls have been outscored 280-0, said it over and over again - excellent radio and a very good laugh

today on Packer's college sports station radio show he did an entire rant about how embarrassing it is that in the last 5 games against these 4 teams (OSU, PSU, UM and MSU) the girls have been outscored 280-0, said it over and over again - excellent radio and a very good laugh

Packer is awesome. He doesn't predict every team in America will be better and have a winning record like the morning show guys do. He calls a spade a spade.

Apparently Ash's contract doesn't have a buy out clause. So, in other words, it's guaranteed. And guaranteed he'll be there for the next two seasons. As has been posted before, you can't spell Shea without Ash.

Apparently Ash's contract doesn't have a buy out clause. So, in other words, it's guaranteed. And guaranteed he'll be there for the next two seasons. As has been posted before, you can't spell Shea without Ash.
all coaching contracts are guaranteed. A buy out clause just gets out in front of anycontract breach should a coach be lured elsewhere. A coach can always be fired, so long as the team is willing to eat what is owed on the contract (minus whatever the coach may make at any job he holds during the tearm ofthe contract). Nothing in Ash's contract guarantees he'll be there another two years (again, provided the school is willing to eat the money left on the contract which is an openquestion given how cash strapped the school/athletic deoartment is.

It is a pretty amazing streak. You'd think even a D2 team would have had a few scores in there somewhere by accident.

And to think we could have had Ash all to ourselves....

all coaching contracts are guaranteed. A buy out clause just gets out in front of anycontract breach should a coach be lured elsewhere. A coach can always be fired, so long as the team is willing to eat what is owed on the contract (minus whatever the coach may make at any job he holds during the tearm ofthe contract). Nothing in Ash's contract guarantees he'll be there another two years (again, provided the school is willing to eat the money left on the contract which is an openquestion given how cash strapped the school/athletic deoartment is.

The real guarantee that Ash will be there is the fact that Rutgers cannot afford another buyout. They have bought out too many contracts recently and they are still in the hole even after their B1G money grab*. Rutgers' AD has to determine whether to let football go until Ash complete his contract or to beg a big donor (of which there are fewer and fewer for the AD). The first confirms Rutger's commitment to big time sports (no commitment, only a money grab) while the second confirms total desperation. Not much of a choice. No money to buy out a contract, let alone bring in a proven coach.

* I know that Rutgers is still not receiving a full share, but the infusion of cash into a system that perpetually loses $25-$35MM and still manages to perpetually lose big money, is not a winning venture. Besides, even the over hyped estimates of $50MM/annually from the B1G's BTN are not quite as accurate as one believes. Even if they were, Rutgers "net" gain would be insignificant compared to other P5 schools that manage their sports revenues even at a near break even level.

And to think we could have had Ash all to ourselves...
upload_2017-10-3_6-29-17.gif

The real guarantee that Ash will be there is the fact that Rutgers cannot afford another buyout. They have bought out too many contracts recently and they are still in the hole even after their B1G money grab*. Rutgers' AD has to determine whether to let football go until Ash complete his contract or to beg a big donor (of which there are fewer and fewer for the AD). The first confirms Rutger's commitment to big time sports (no commitment, only a money grab) while the second confirms total desperation. Not much of a choice. No money to buy out a contract, let alone bring in a proven coach.

* I know that Rutgers is still not receiving a full share, but the infusion of cash into a system that perpetually loses $25-$35MM and still manages to perpetually lose big money, is not a winning venture. Besides, even the over hyped estimates of $50MM/annually from the B1G's BTN are not quite as accurate as one believes. Even if they were, Rutgers "net" gain would be insignificant compared to other P5 schools that manage their sports revenues even at a near break even level.

This is the bind we found ourselves in with Mike London. Everyone knew he had to go, but we didn't have the cash to pay off the remainder of the contract at a point in time that would have done something to stop the bleeding.

The Ash-era in Rutty Land makes the GRob era look successful. Getting outscored 237-0 by the Mich, OSU and PSU?

At least GRob beat LVille in LVille.

The eternal dumpster fire rages on in Piscataway.

I spent some time with Dohn a couple years back and we got to talking North East Football recruiting. He had no idea I was a Cuse guy so he spoke freely about how awful the Syracuse Program is, how miserable the Dome is to play in and how no one wants to go to Syracuse. You could hear his dislike for the program dripping from his every word .

He is such a Rutgers stooge it's pathetic. All of his analysis, at skout is so blatantly anti-Cuse and ridiculously pro-Rutgers it makes me sick.

When I think about Dohn (and Ash for that matter), this image keeps popping in my head:

qLogsdN71M9mo.gif

I’m hoping they win another game. Hear me out.

We want them to keep Ash. Even if extend him (anything is possible in Rutgers land). Kind of like with Addazzio last year. He’s not the guy, but they scheduled him some wins, he beats NC State and bam - more meathead vs Babers.

I want to keep recruiting against Ash in NJ for as long as possible.