The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

And they probably thought it was all done once Fridge was hired. lol.

I'm actually surprised our staff hasn't made a run at some of their commits, specifically DB's and DT's. I know we offered Boggs recently but that seems it. Maybe they have and there just wasn't the interest.

Or maybe our staff knows better. To quote Rosconey, "kid was about as known as yukon cornelious then the day after he gets a offer from joisey state he is a 4 star -shows the sham that is the ranking system - kid had no other d1 offers and is a 4 star (he only had 2 1aa offers also)" (post #641 above)

there biggest recruit right now is a 2 star with a godfather rerate and now a 4- will he still be around on the 5th or will he now get better offers and be decommit #13

As most of us know Farrell is a BC shill. Evidenced by the discrepancy when comparing BC's ranking in the two major scouting services. I'm not sure you can find a bigger difference across all college teams.

Ryvals = 36th
Skout = 57th

Contrary to his intentions, Farrell isn't doing BC any favors by inflating the perception of their recruiting classes every year. Then again, when you have almost zero fan base...raising expectations probably isn't an issue.

But, but .. what happened to the SuperFans??

I don't know that I agree. Anyone can learn to evaluate anything. Plenty of people that coached or played at a high level are clueless when it comes to evaluating. It is a skill unto itself and depends on the talent and training of the evaluator. Having played may give you a leg up, but it certainly does not assure you the ability to do it. I do know what you are saying about these guys, though.

I know some people give me a hard time about when I suggest that I know a fair amount about evaluating HS basketball talent, but spending a lot of time with people who actually do the evaluating is the easiest way to learn what they are looking for in a player. Hours spent in a gym with coaches and journalists (where you've got hours of time and can't help but talk to the guy next to you ...) tells you what players are making the biggest impression and why. It teaches what to look for in those AAU games that have so little structure to them. You come to really appreciate the guy who tries to play in a team concept, and isn't just a one-on-one player trying to earn a scholarship.

The OC is more qualified and a better HC than the HC... awk-ward.

He's getting older and probably doesn't want all the administrative responsibility of being a head coach at this point. It's a lot of work compared to being "just" a coordinator.

He's getting older and probably doesn't want all the administrative responsibility of being a head coach at this point. It's a lot of work compared to being "just" a coordinator.

Yeah, but have you ever been in a situation where you knew the answer and your boss didn't?

It's maddening for the underling and awkward for the manager.

In my last days in working for a large corporation, I listen to the plans of young guys/girls who had meteorically (and sometimes suspiciously or accidentally) risen to high positions.

I, and the other old heads, who reported to him or her, knew what they were planning wouldn't work (as it had been tried several times in the past and had always failed miserably).

Pointing out the problems in what they were recommending just made them mad. And they were too proud to ask for the answers from anyone else. It was always a bad situation.

Yeah, but have you ever been in a situation where you knew the answer and your boss didn't?

In my last days in working for a large corporation, I listen to the plans of young guys/girls who had meteorically (and sometimes suspiciously or accidentally) risen to high positions.

I, and the other old heads, who reported to him or her, knew what they were planning wouldn't work (as it had been tried several times in the past and had always failed miserably).

Pointing out the problems in what they were recommending just made them mad. And they were too proud to ask for the answers from anyone else. It was always a bad situation.
Examples of those willing to repeat mistakes we all know to well: Pasqualoni, DeLeone, Edsall, Schiano.

RF is so far over Flood's level it isn't close. The only way this works is if RF was brought in to teach Flood how to be a head coach, something Schiano obviously didn't spend a lot of time doing.

Examples of those willing to repeat mistakes we all know to well: Pasqualoni, DeLeone, Edsall, Schiano.

RF is so far over Flood's level it isn't close. The only way this works is if RF was brought in to teach Flood how to be a head coach, something Schiano obviously didn't spend a lot of time doing.

Schiano was primarily a pitch man, a sales guy.

He got out of town before his grandiose promises of future greatness were shown to be false.

Exactly

Flood: “Ralph, we need to kick a field goal!”
Friedgen: “Huh?”
Flood: “Send out the damn field goal unit!”
Friedgen: “What”

That's what has made it puzzling to see Rutgers coach Kyle Flood send out his field goal unit each week. Both times kicker Kyle Federico connected on the mid-range field goals, cutting Rutgers' deficit to 52-17 with 16 seconds remaining against Cincinnati on Nov. 16 and 41-17 with 33 seconds remaining against Central Florida on Thursday.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...xplains_unusual_garbage_time_field_goals.html

Last edited:
This will be the first football thread to 1000 replies. Over/under is 10,000. I may be a grandpa by then but that's ok.

Sounds like a case of bitter old guy to me, seen it 10,000 times. " Walking around the office, talking about the good old days, and stating that these kids who are actually in their thirties don't know what is like in the good old days! They want to run the business with a laptop and an I Phone, etc etc. Shite gets old as does bitter old guy, well past their prime and walking around the joint like a GD hall monitor.

People in their 30's are not kids or girls

Last edited:
Sounds like a case of bitter old guy to me, seen it 10,000 times. " Walking around the office, talking about the good old days, and stating that these kids who are actually in their thirties don't know what is like in the good old days! They want to run the business with a laptop and an I Phone, etc etc. Shite gets old as does bitter old guy, well past their prime and walking around the joint like a GD hall monitor.

Of course people who wander arond the office wishing it were the good old days are problems.

But this was about someone knowing the answers and the new leader not bothering to even ask. Like Fridge and Flood.

Hving said that, lrt me comment on your other point.

Seems to me that this current generation of 30 year olds really are the most childish generation ever.

Raised by parents who tried to give them everything, coddled by an education system that worries most about self-esteem, and freed from any military service obligation.

A self-entitled and generally clueless generation. The worst ever.

Of course people who wander arond the office wishing it were the good old days are problems.

But this was about someone knowing the answers and the new leader not bothering to even ask. Like Fridge and Flood.

Hving said that, lrt me comment on your other point.

Seems to me that this current generation of 30 year olds really are the most childish generation ever.

Raised by parents who tried to give them everything, coddled by an education system that worries most about self-esteem, and freed from any military service obligation.

A self-entitled and generally clueless generation. The worst ever.

This post reeks of "Get off my lawn!"

Im pretty sure every generation has said that about the generation under them.

<--32, engineer, this happens to me ALL the time.

This post reeks of "Get off my lawn!"

Im pretty sure every generation has said that about the generation under them.

I think Townie was referring to inept morons being placed in positions they are not suited for and refusing to seek assistance. He is not talking about a new guy working with his team, but the tyrant fool (insert Schiano, Edsall, or someone you know) who insists that a task or tasks be done his way and only his way in spite of historical evidence and common, practical knowledge that it will not work. Example: Insisting that red and blue will make green and refusing to deviate from that mixture.

For the record, they are not always young guys managing older guys. Sometimes they are the old fools that refuse to change (see IB's version). The common element is their arrogance that they have the only answer and it will work in contrast to all evidence otherwise.

if you have any doubts- spend a week on a big construction job and deal with construction management - pampered morons who cant think without a committee of equally stupid fools - but they went to college so they are smart - dont ask them how to use a hammer or how to plug in a light and your safe