The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I got the scoop on Rutgers' new helmets:

41Oyc6s0XJL.jpg

On a lighter note, isn't Rutgers in the hole by $30MM annually and now she wants to add $60MM in expenses to build her Disneyland NJ complex? I'm not an accountant but I thought spending less while raking in BTN $ still would not break even, numbers guys, help me out here!

I guess at this point we have to thank Rutgers for giving us Julie Hermann. For years and years all they provided us with was an annual cupcake and stole from our coffers without putting anything in. Now with JH they give us endless comedy and entertainment.

Rutgers's AD look to recreate Two Girls One Cup atmosphere at home games.

"It's going to take the entire village." Yeah - village idiots.

"the one thing I promise you is that it doesn't matter how far they pull down on your athletic department..." - What the hell does that mean? Who is "they" and why is she admitting the athletic department is down?

Rutgers AD just gives and gives. Gotta love her for that.

"
"the one thing I promise you is that it doesn't matter how far they pull down on your athletic department..." - What the hell does that mean? Who is "they" and why is she admitting the athletic department is down?
She's been trying to paint the (local) (sports) media as being anti-Rutgers athletics. Meanwhile, the rest of us know that it's Rutgers' own representatives (coaches, athletics directors and school officials) who have continued to provide evidence of how not to run an athletics department. Maybe she'll find a way to slowly turn that tide. Admittedly, she's in a tough spot, but her comments and actions, so far, don't give any indication that things are improving. In fact, she almost appears to be a ticking time bomb... "<boom> goes the Rutgers dynamite".

I just love that she's publicly admitting what everyone has known forever... That only by the grace of geography does Rutgers have a seat at the big boy's table.

As part of their new Disney World experience Rutgers should build an animatronic attraction honoring the brave Dutch settlers who founded New Amsterdam. They dock 50 miles to the north and Rutgers is SOL.

Moontan said:
She's been trying to paint the (local) (sports) media as being anti-Rutgers athletics. Meanwhile, the rest of us know that it's Rutgers' own representatives (coaches, athletics directors and school officials) who have continued to provide evidence of how not to run an athletics department. Maybe she'll find a way to slowly turn that tide. Admittedly, she's in a tough spot, but her comments and actions, so far, don't give any indication that things are improving. In fact, she almost appears to be a ticking time bomb... "<boom> goes the Rutgers dynamite".

Wait... Isn't Toad on payroll?

"It's going to take the entire village." Yeah - village idiots.

Rutgers AD just gives and gives. Gotta love her for that.
In the idiomatic dictionary, her picture is next to "loose cannon".

I just love that she's publicly admitting what everyone has known forever... That only by the grace of geography does Rutgers have a seat at the big boy's table.

As part of their new Disney World experience Rutgers should build an animatronic attraction honoring the brave Dutch settlers who founded New Amsterdam. They dock 50 miles to the north and Rutgers is SOL.

I thought that was weird. Not the usual smoke and mirrors RU spin. She's obviously not a very good public speaker--lady needs a teleprompter.

Last edited:
I though that was weird. Not the usual smoke and mirrors RU spin. She's obviously not a very good public speaker--lady needs a teleprompter.

She may be trying the old "When all else fails, tell the truth" tack. Obviously, she is easing into it, not jumping in with both feet at once.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

Rank - 32
School - Rutgers
Total Revenue - $78,989,475
Total Expenses - $78,989,475
Total Subsidy - $46,996,697
% Subsidy - 59.50%
If you sort by %subsidy descending, Rutgers is the first P5 school you come across as you scroll down. You then have to scroll by 44 more to reach the next P5 school... Maryland.

Bravo, Big 10! :rolling:

javadoc said:
If you sort by %subsidy descending, Rutgers is the first P5 school you come across as you scroll down. You then have to scroll by 44 more to reach the next P5 school... Maryland. Bravo, Big 10! :rolling:

And tops in subsidy in terms of absolute dollars.

Way to go, Cable Box University!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

Rank - 32
School - Rutgers
Total Revenue - $78,989,475
Total Expenses - $78,989,475
Total Subsidy - $46,996,697
% Subsidy - 59.50%

What you are really saying is that Rutgers only brought in $32MM in real revenue and donations not made by the generosity of the student body and the taxpayers of the State of New Jersey. Syracuse hoops or football does that alone.

Impressive, Rutgers is going for the $50MM+ in subsidies. Congrats Rutgers! We've finally found out what you are number one in: SUBSIDIES! Let's hear it for the Scarlet Knights. (Crickets chirping in the background)

Strickland really made them salty

https://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=173091647&mid=173091647&sid=988&style=2

We drew UMASS and Temple comparisons... lmao

What you are really saying is that Rutgers only brought in $32MM in real revenue and donations not made by the generosity of the student body and the taxpayers of the State of New Jersey. Syracuse hoops or football does that alone.

Impressive, Rutgers is going for the $50MM+ in subsidies. Congrats Rutgers! We've finally found out what you are number one in: SUBSIDIES! Let's hear it for the Scarlet Knights. (Crickets chirping in the background)

No wonder they aren't firing Flood. They can't justify the buyout. #CableBoxU