The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Meh, it's not the worst commercial out there. If you guys didn't have such hard-ons for Rutgers, you probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.

HEAR HEAR!

This thread is embarassing.

There is a small group of fans that simply won't let go of Rutgers. They'll say "no we weren't rivals" yet maintain a yearlong rolling thread dedicated to nothing by them. Let it go people...

They are two conferences removed and are not affiliated with Syracuse in any way, shape or form.

HEAR HEAR!

There is a small group of fans that simply won't let go of Rutgers. They'll say "no we weren't rivals" yet maintain a yearlong rolling thread dedicated to nothing by them. Let it go people...

They are two conferences removed and are not affiliated with Syracuse in any way, shape or form.
But it sure is fun to make fun of what a mess they are!

This commercial was one of the best I've seen. Even though i had to see it ~10 times to catch everything.

THIS is the greatest university ad of all time:

I'll say this for Rutgers: when they decide to play an FCS school, they know how to pick an easy-win bottom dweller (like Howard).

HEAR HEAR!

Rutgers will not go away just because we aren't in the same conference anymore. One of the things Shafer and co. are trying to do is get back into NJ. That means we are recruiting rivals no matter how you cut it. The farther they sink into the abyss the more beneficial it is to Syracuse. Same goes for any school in NY, NJ and PA. That being said, reality is UB and Temple aren't threats to our recruiting, we are not a threat to PSU's recruiting. Pitt, Rutgers, and Cuse however compete for the same level of recruit in the same areas. Screw both of them, I hope they rot.

I'll say this for Rutgers: when they decide to play an FCS school, they know how to pick an easy-win bottom dweller (like Howard).

In all fairness we've scheduled Colgate(Patriot League), Wagner, and Stony Brook in the past 5 years. Wagner was exceptionally bad.

44PRIDE said:
HEAR HEAR! This thread is embarassing. There is a small group of fans that simply won't let go of Rutgers. They'll say "no we weren't rivals" yet maintain a yearlong rolling thread dedicated to nothing by them. Let it go people... They are two conferences removed and are not affiliated with Syracuse in any way, shape or form.

Closet Rutgers fan? ;)

In all fairness we've scheduled Colgate(Patriot League), Wagner, and Stony Brook in the past 5 years. Wagner was exceptionally bad.
Besides, Howard was already scheduled by another team.

Yeah that is over a 5 year period ... that is the equivalent of a single season OOC schedule for RU.

HEAR HEAR!

I agree with your view here. I wish as a board we would stop focusing so much on them. Yes they are a recruiting rival, but we have a number of those. there is an infatuation with rutgers that just won't let up. Bottomline is right now we are both 1-0 with us beating a 1 AA team in 2 OT's and them barely beating Washington St. Niether of us had a great start, but their win is better than ours at this point. the commercial is a perfect example of people seeing a story where there isn't one. Newsflash. 90 percent of college commercials are cheesy and poorly thought out. i hope we can focus our time on true rivals moving forward.

HEAR HEAR!

Huh? I'm confused. I thought this entire thread was to get the longest thread ever on Syracusefan.com under the guise of discussing Rutger's (really) poor demonstration of an athletic department. I'm only contributing so we can see this thread get to 2000 posts. And then I'll contribute so it gets to 3000 post.

Oh, wait. The longest thread on SUFan.com will be about Rutgers? Ok, I agree with you 44PRIDE. I'm not posting on this thread anymore.

:)

HEAR HEAR!

Don't waste your breath...they just don't get it.
Its an embarrassing display, IMO, to give this much attention and notice to a perennial bottom-dweller, as if they're SU's biggest rival.
Its massive insecurity to simply anoint those mamalukes from Jerzey rivalry status, just because SU was down and they "rose" to achieve mediocrity.
This thread IS pathetic- but, pointing that out...again, won't change a thing for the Rutgers jock-sniffers.
It is what it is. :bang:
JMHO

DoctorBombay said:
Don't waste your breath...they just don't get it. Its an embarrassing display, IMO, to give this much attention and notice to a perennial bottom-dweller, as if they're SU's biggest rival. Its massive insecurity to simply anoint those mamalukes from Jerzey rivalry status, just because SU was down and they "rose" to achieve mediocrity. This thread IS pathetic- but, pointing that out...again, won't change a thing for the Rutgers jock-sniffers. It is what it is. :bang: JMHO
The best way to let it die? Keep silent.

The best way to let it die? Keep silent.
My bad, Todd.
Tried to, and more than once. Its frustration more than anything else.
I've spoken on it before, but its literally beating your head against the wall because some folks just don't see the negative impression this thread gives to our entire fanbase. Plus I have to hear it from my wife & BIL, both RU alums, who seem surprised...and then amused by this obsession. They don't "get" the fascination either.
In any case, every now & then I just have to vent about the "Jason Voorhees/Michael Myers-like nature" of the Rutgers-obsessed SU fans on this forum. Its amazing to watch.:crazy:

DoctorBombay said:
My bad, Todd. Tried to, and more than once. Its frustration more than anything else. I've spoken on it before, but its literally beating your head against the wall because some folks just don't see the negative impression this thread gives to our entire fanbase. Plus I have to hear it from my wife & BIL, both RU alums, who seem surprised...and then amused by this obsession. They don't "get" the fascination either. In any case, every now & then I just have to vent about the "Jason Voorhees/Michael Myers-like nature" of the Rutgers-obsessed SU fans on this forum. Its amazing to watch.:crazy:
Stay calm, pick the big fight -- this isn't it. Match our last ten years and they're even -- go further back and you'd have to stop the fight. Troy Nunes put it best: They're a fan base that began on a Thursday night in 2006,

It's the biggest thread because it's all inclusive. If we combined all of the uniform threads together it would probably be just as big. Or all the threads on Marrone, college expansion, offensive scheme, etc.

My bad, Todd.
Tried to, and more than once. Its frustration more than anything else.
I've spoken on it before, but its literally beating your head against the wall because some folks just don't see the negative impression this thread gives to our entire fanbase. Plus I have to hear it from my wife & BIL, both RU alums, who seem surprised...and then amused by this obsession. They don't "get" the fascination either.
In any case, every now & then I just have to vent about the "Jason Voorhees/Michael Myers-like nature" of the Rutgers-obsessed SU fans on this forum. Its amazing to watch.:crazy:

Some of us just enjoy watching Chihuahuas (Rutgers) try to play and act as if they are relevant with St. Bernards (UM, tOSU, SU, UNL) or even Labradors (Mich State, Wiscy). Even the terriers in the B1G (Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana) are looking good in comparison.

The comedic value of a fan base that did not exist 10 years ago pretending that they are one of the premier, historic football programs is simply to much to pass up. Watching the mismanagement of an athletics budget gone wild on "Daddy's" (New Jersey State) credit card and now having to pay the bill, especially when contrasted with Syracuse' penchant for not building and developing on credit (general fiscal responsibility) is like watching a train wreck, terrible in its own right but you just have to look.

DoctorBombay said:
My bad, Todd. Tried to, and more than once. Its frustration more than anything else. I've spoken on it before, but its literally beating your head against the wall because some folks just don't see the negative impression this thread gives to our entire fanbase. Plus I have to hear it from my wife & BIL, both RU alums, who seem surprised...and then amused by this obsession. They don't "get" the fascination either. In any case, every now & then I just have to vent about the "Jason Voorhees/Michael Myers-like nature" of the Rutgers-obsessed SU fans on this forum. Its amazing to watch.:crazy:

I'm in no way obsessed or see their dumpster fire of a program as a rival or even that relevant (though it is very much so in recruiting).

It's entertainment. It's literally on comically bad decision after another, with a delusional fan base in denial rooting it all on. It's fun. I don't think anyone on the board takes it that seriously. Until you guys started to.

Can you at least start a new thread to complain about this one? You're ruining the fun.