The Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Airing of Grievances

People who repeatedly push an illuminated elevator up/down button. Fact: Doing that does not make the elevator car come any faster to your floor.
Speaking of which - one of my biggest grievances is when someone charges into an elevator before anyone even has a chance to get out - and then they act shocked that someone might actually be in the elevator, like it's almost our fault.

another pet when did PJ bottoms become acceptable clothing to wear in public if you are over the age of 6?

That's one of the biggest reasons why I don't go to Wal-Mart anymore.

Between the numerous people wearing pajama pants, people with their smelly feet out in flip flops no matter the weather, and 300 pounders with short shirts with their exposed guts hanging over the side of their pants like a muffin...I can't take it.

People that are on the cell phone while making a purchase or checking out and don't hear what the employee is telling them.
My favorite sign in a small shop that said "We will wait on you as soon as you get off your cell phone"

I was just going to add this. SO rude and disrespectful. Another thing is people that don't watch where they are walking when they are on their phones.

I'VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE! And now, you're gonna hear about it!

1. People who get on escalators or the moving walkways at airports and STAND. "Like it's a ride" - Seinfeld. The purpose of those is to move things along faster, not to give you a rest or a ride.

2. People in the back of the airplane who stand up in the aisle right away. WHERE ARE YOU GOING? Sit down and stop clogging the aisle and making me wonder if you're trying to cut your way up.

3. People on airplanes who share and or make up stories while asking permission to cut in line in getting off the plane. We all want to get off as soon as possible and have somewhere else to be. Shut your mouth and wait your turn like everyone else, or pony up for those Tier 1/2 perks if it's that important to you!

Last edited:
That's one of the biggest reasons why I don't go to Wal-Mart anymore.

Between the numerous people wearing pajama pants, people with their smelly feet out in flip flops no matter the weather, and 300 pounders with short shirts with their exposed guts hanging over the side of their pants like a muffin...I can't take it.
I am in the no man should wear flip flops camp

The phrase "sooner rather than later". By definition, soon is before later, so just saying "soon" is good enough. adding "rather than later' is adding extra words to make the point sound more important than it really is.

I got a lot of problems with you people.

- People that interview well, but turn out to be crap at their job, and this happens right before the holidays so you don't feel good about firing them, and you give them very chance imaginable to turn it around and they don't do anything with the opportunity, so the first thing you have to do in 2015 is fire them.

That's my big thing right now.

As if employers are angels!

I am in the no man should wear flip flops camp

I think they are acceptable in four places:

1. the beach(sand can get hot)
2. the pool(concrete can get hot)
3. college dorm rooms/showers(to avoid others urine, toe jam, and God knows what else)
4. the locker room/shower at the gym(to avoid athlete's foot, foot fungus, and God knows what else)

Everywhere else, put your toes away!

*People who wait until the light turns green to put on their left turn signal

How about people who don't know how to use a turning lane properly. Or people who are changing lanes/making a turn, hit their brakes and start to switch lanes before they put their turn signal on. Eventually someone is going to plow their butt.

cliftonparksufan said:
Today was the first official day of winter. Every day gets a little bit longer now.
only 115 days till my bandon dunes trip

People who drive the wrong way down one-way ...

Oh wait that's me, I do that when no one's looking ... drives Mrs. Moo crazy :D

How about people who don't know how to use a turning lane properly. Or people who are changing lanes/making a turn, hit their brakes and start to switch lanes before they put their turn signal on. Eventually someone is going to plow their butt.

You're getting me dangerously close to my "people who don't know how to merge" rant! :)

You're getting me dangerously close to my "people who don't know how to merge" rant! :)
or on roundabouts where someone is supposed to yield to the person (me) already in the g-damn roundabout - but decide their need to get somewhere 3 seconds earlier trumps safe driving etiquette. I will lay on my horn for about 10 seconds to embarrass these .

People who decide to air idiotic TV commercials ad infinitum (pun intended).

- not just people who park in handicap spots without the proper tags, but the frauds that do with the proper tags.

- motorcyclists in a traffic jam.
Two months ago I saw a woman get run over by a motorcycle running between cars in stopped traffic. Less than 20 feet from me. It was nasty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom