The Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Airing of Grievances

1. People who don't use the right shoulder of the road when turning right.
2. Folks who don't use turn signals
3. Spam
4. In laws who complain we don't come and see them often enough (can't they drive to our house?)
5. People who use vulgar language in public around children
6. Parents who scream at their kids in public
7. Parents who brag incessantly about their kids accomplishments
8. The office co-worker who leaves their ringtone on the highest setting
9. People who don't courtesy flush
10. Once a month "relations" with the wife

2. Folks who don't use turn signals
3. Spam
4. In laws who complain we don't come and see them often enough (can't they drive to our house?)
5. People who use vulgar language in public around children
6. Parents who scream at their kids in public
7. Parents who brag incessantly about their kids accomplishments
8. The office co-worker who leaves their ringtone on the highest setting
9. People who don't courtesy flush
10. Once a month "relations" with the wife
57371436.jpg

You should live down south cause they do not know what a turn signal is.

I can't tell you how many times I heard about that when I was riding with my dad when we lived in Georgia. Drives him crazy!

1. People who clip their nails on the subway.

2. People who don't move into the subway car. Sometimes I don't mind this if I can work my way to the middle, but if I can't get on a train because of it I seeth.

3. People who lean on the f****** pole on a crowded subway. Seriously.

4. People who stand on the left side of an escalator.

5. Couples who will not let go of each other's hands no matter how little space their is on the sidewalk to get by them.

6. Self check out.

7. Subway breakdancers with their s***** boom boxes and "It's showtime!"

8. The tourists who encourage the scourge that are subway breakdancers by tipping them. I hate you.

9. Subway preachers. It's rush hour. We just want to get to work or get home. Please don't tell us we're going to hell. Even if it's true, no one wants to hear that first thing in the morning. Have some common courtesy. This does not apply to the one guy I've seen multiple time who only wants young attractive women as followers of his weird cult.

10. Mall candle stores. I can't walk by them with out my eyes burning.

11. People who ask me if I watched Big Bang Theory. What about me makes you think that I would watch that show?

12. People who decide that they must get their lottery tickets in the morning and argue with the newsstand guy over their numbers when you're already running a little late and just want your morning diet coke and granola bar. I passionately hate you.

Last edited:
Parents (especially with younger children) who haven't yet joined FriendsForParents.com

thank you in advance for avoiding this list

...now call me when its time for the feats of strength

gif-beard-strong-644552.gif

The PA announcer at our home games informing us of the score when there's like 44 locations to see it... :noidea:

I'VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE! And now, you're gonna hear about it!

1. People who get on escalators or the moving walkways at airports and STAND. "Like it's a ride" - Seinfeld. The purpose of those is to move things along faster, not to give you a rest or a ride.

2. People in the back of the airplane who stand up in the aisle right away. WHERE ARE YOU GOING? Sit down and stop clogging the aisle and making me wonder if you're trying to cut your way up.

3. People on airplanes who share and or make up stories while asking permission to cut in line in getting off the plane. We all want to get off as soon as possible and have somewhere else to be. Shut your mouth and wait your turn like everyone else, or pony up for those Tier 1/2 perks if it's that important to you!

Another escalator-related peeve:
People who bring bikes, strollers or excessive luggage on escalators, preventing other people from passing. This is why there are elevators.

Another airline peeve:
People who put their bags in overhead compartments at the front of the plane when their seats are in the middle/back of the plane. I don't even understand this. You lugged your carry-on all the way to the airport, but somehow it's too much to have to carry it off the plane from your real seat and you have to take someone else's storage space to accomplish this?

Also, people who walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk. I like to think of sidewalks as being like mini-roads, where everyone travels in the right-hand lane. 99% of people seem to have the same understanding, and everything works out great...but some people don't seem to get this. I can only guess these people are British.

And finally, people who fart in a super-crowded subway. Really? Just because no one can tell it was you doesn't mean you're not an asshat.

Women in crowded grocery stores who handle a grocery cart like they handle their cars...watch out!

Those stupid plastic packages that things come in that you need a machete to open.

People who send out Christmas cards telling you more than you'd care to know about every little wonderful thing that has happened in their lives and their children's lives in the past year.

Contemporary popular music.

You should live down south cause they do not know what a turn signal is.
Very true, but also the ones who turn on their signal AFTER they make the turn. Just verification that they turned I guess

The "temporary fuel surcharge" that companies add to their bill. I would also include the "shop supplies" that some garages tack on. Seriously? This is the cost of doing business. What a bogus way to fleece their customers for an extra $5. There is nothing temporary about it. Now that gas has come down 50 cents/gallon, do you think this "temporary" charge is removed?

with h/t to Crusty.

Go for it ...
I don't like how often people hijack threads. Good threads that still have plenty of commentary left to be made. And how often others support this terrorist act.

thread_direction_max600.gif

I don't like this trend where slices of bread are getting more narrow. It was bad enough when candy bars, ice cream containers and gum got smaller. I draw the line on bread.

The weird part is that I think the sizes of the loaves aren't changing, just the width of the slices. Maybe it is a reaction to the anti-carbo movement? Whatever, don't trend on my bread!

I have problems with the general lack of availability of toothbrushes with stiff bristles, the raging infection toothpastes are undergoing with whitening agents (I fear some day soon I will be forced to manufacture my own toothpaste), the amount of static electricity in my dryer and the lack of readily available gallium in CNY.

Last edited:
I was just going to add this. SO rude and disrespectful. Another thing is people that don't watch where they are walking when they are on their phones.

How about the phone thing altogether? I miss the days when a phone call was a brief event to be conducted privately. I'm so tired of being stuck near people yakking on phones, letting their brains atrophy because they're too dumb to be alone with their thoughts for a moment.

Last edited:

Definitely a violation of New York's VTL to turn from a shoulder; I think this is the law in most states.

How about the phone thing altogether? I miss the days when a phone call was a brief event to be conducted privately. I'm so tired of being around these stuck near people yakking on phones, letting their brains atrophy because they're too dumb to be alone with their thoughts for a moment.
That's weird, I guess because I work on a college campus, I was unaware that people still use phones for phone calls.

How about the phone thing altogether? I miss the days when a phone call was a brief event to be conducted privately. I'm so tired of being around these stuck near people yakking on phones, letting their brains atrophy because they're too dumb to be alone with their thoughts for a moment.

You aren't kidding. I'm just amazing at how many people have their phones glued to their ears 24-7. I can only imagine how many important conversations were missed before cell phones were invented.

Still gotta go with the "Maryland Left Turn." Two lanes in each direction, w/no designated left turn lane. Everyone stops for the red light. You're in the left lane behind one other car. With, at best, 3 nanoseconds left before the light turns green, the "person" in front of you turns on the left turn directional and you're stuck behind him because there's a solid line of cars in the right lane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom