The Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Airing of Grievances

How about the phone thing altogether? I miss the days when a phone call was a brief event to be conducted privately. I'm so tired of being around these stuck near people yakking on phones, letting their brains atrophy because they're too dumb to be alone with their thoughts for a moment.

Reminds me of this...

Crocs_2782707a.jpg

only 115 days till my bandon dunes trip
Why wait. I'm sure some people will be playing this week. I miss Orangeyes and his stories of he and Tomcat playing off season.

Definitely a violation of New York's VTL to turn from a shoulder; I think this is the law in most states.

You sure? I was taught to do this in driver ed back in the day.

You sure? I was taught to do this in driver ed back in the day.

Unless it causes a problem for someone else, cops probably won't ticket it, but it's a violation to drive on the shoulder or turn from it (discourteous as it seems to the driver behind you, especially on roads with a high speed limit). If there's a break in the marked fog line or some other indication that it's OK to turn from the right, then it's cool.

Unless it causes a problem for someone else, cops probably won't ticket it, but it's a violation to drive on the shoulder or turn from it (discourteous as it seems to the driver behind you, especially on roads with a high speed limit). If there's a break in the marked fog line or some other indication that it's OK to turn from the right, then it's cool.
Thanks man...good to know...guess that guy was clueless.

Thanks man...good to know...guess that guy was clueless.

He was probably concerned about the possibility of being rear-ended. I don't want to be the one to say it, but sometimes it's better to bend the rules than leave yourself at risk of being hit.

People who go to the gym to socialize and not workout.
People who eat their lunch in the locker room at the gym.
People who take up tons of space and take forever to get changed in the locker room at the gym.
Employers who pay bad performers astronomical salaries.
Employers who don't fire bad performers.
Employers who give good performers more work, but don't want to pay them.
People who talk, text, or call me during any Syracuse games.

-People that start a sales converstaion with "I need your best price" before even knowing a price.
-People that expect my company will donate to their cause. We might, but don't expect it and don't get uppity if we decline.
-People that answer questions with a question
-People that ask a question, then interupt with another question while you're still answering their initial question
-People that try and big time you by name dropping. If you are bff's with the VP of my company call them and they'll get you sorted.

People who go to the gym to socialize and not workout.
People who eat their lunch in the locker room at the gym.
People who take up tons of space and take forever to get changed in the locker room at the gym.
Employers who pay bad performers astronomical salaries.
Employers who don't fire bad performers.
Employers who give good performers more work, but don't want to pay them.
People who talk, text, or call me during any Syracuse games.

Does your time at the gym at least let you work out all that anger at everything else that is going on there? :)

-People that answer questions with a question

I have a co-worker that has responded with a question to about 95% of the things that have come out of my mouth since we started working together in 2007. I don't speak THAT unclearly! I've had to leave our area more than a few times to prevent an explosion :)

View attachment 32239 Just went shopping. See, not all women wait to dig out their payment. Mine is out before the person in front of me rings up her order!!

Yes but its the pure fact that it takes forever and a day for the woman to put said cards or payment back into her suitcase purse while holding up the line.

-People that say they NEED something then decline when given an option that is slightly inconvenient.
-The use of the word "need" in general in the US. You have access to everything you need, go someplace that doesn't and get some perspective.
-The use of the word "literally" when 99% of the time they mean "figuratively".

Yes but its the pure fact that it takes forever and a day for the woman to put said cards or payment back into her suitcase purse while holding up the line.
No. I walk away from the aisle, and then put them away. I also do my own bagging which guys never do. I am absolutely the fastest person to ever be behind in a grocery line. I am bagging my stuff faster than the casher is scanning it.

People who disagree with me!
When my post get deleted.
Every other driver on the road.
People who text and drive.
People who don't respect Cops, Firemen and Teachers.
People who don't tip accordingly.
People who disrespect hard working Americans who bust their ass at job like Wal Mart and McDonalds.
People who abuse welfare.
Christmas( I'm the effin Grinch
Every kid gets a trophy. If your team sucks sorry your a loser.
The VA
Politician's and lobbiest.
Bullies
Teen suicide
Cancer ( CANCER)

Crusty said:
Things I can't stand. [*]People who park in handicap spaces without proper tags. [*]People who bring pets that are not service animals into stores. [*]People who bring pets on planes. [*]People who don't leave tips for housekeeping. [*]Drivers who stay in the passing lane when they are going the same speed as those in the right hand lane. [*]Those who say "irregardless" - it is not a freakin word! [*]Refs that never call traveling or palming the ball. [*]Over zealous youth league coaches - get a grip! [*]Players who do "look at me" celebrations in team sports. [*]Johnny Football [*]Bubble screens [*]Participation awards [*]Notre Dame, Boston College, Georgetown, Rutgers, Penn State [*]The Big Ten (change your stupid name already!) [*]The SU Budget Committee Report [*]Football injuries [*]Politicians (both parties) [*]Fire ants [*]Junk mail [*]robocalls [*]infomericals (shipping and handling - really?) [*]The last minute of any college basketball game. [*]Daniel Snyder [*]A-Rod [*]Cold weather

I'm guilty of the no tipping. Not cause I'm cheap I just plain forget. I should put the 20 on the desk as soon as I get there

People who continue to beat dead horses (like many on this board).
People who get off escalators and then just stop, clogging up things for the people behind them.
"Fans" who seem to hate their own team.

JarHeadJim said:
People who disagree with me! When my post get deleted. Every other driver on the road. People who text and drive. People who don't respect Cops, Firemen and Teachers. People who don't tip accordingly. People who disrespect hard working Americans who bust their ass at job like Wal Mart and McDonalds. People who abuse welfare. Christmas( I'm the effin Grinch Every kid gets a trophy. If your team sucks sorry your a loser. The VA Politician's and lobbiest. Bullies Teen suicide Cancer ( CANCER)

Speaking of Wal Mart their owners are notorious for getting corporate welfare since they pay so low that even some full time employees qualify for Medicaid and food stamps. That and other corporations paying no or hardly any taxes bothers me a whole lot more than a mom with little kids who can't get cheap child care so she can work at wal mart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom