The Basketball Tournament--Syracuse Hoops Alumni | Syracusefan.com

The Basketball Tournament--Syracuse Hoops Alumni

DomeDog44

Walk On
Hi guys, former lurker turned member here. I'm Kevin, former SU Hoops Head Manager. I saw another thread but I wanted to create this to keep you guys updated on The Basketball Tournament, since I know this board houses the most passionate Cuse fans around.

I have seen one or two threads before about "who would be on your all-time Syracuse team?". I have the chance to do something like this by putting a mini team together of former Cuse players to take a shot at $1,000,000. So far the team is looking like:
  1. Josh Pace
  2. Eric Devendorf
  3. Donte Greene
  4. Hakim Warrick
  5. Rick Jackson
  6. Baye Moussa Keita
  7. Brandon Reese

There are 3 ways you can get involved if you want to do so!:
1) Fan Voting: We can only enter the tournament through fan voting! And the best part is, fans are a part of our team. $50,000 will be split amongst our fans when we win. $5,000 will go to the fan who recruits the most of his/her friends to join if we win, 20 others can win $1,000, and there are smaller monetary prizes from there up to the 90th fan! Vote here: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/syracuse-alumni

2) Jersey Design: HATE platinum jerseys? Let's see your better idea! Once we hit 1,000 fans The Tournament will let us customize jerseys however we want to. I would LOVE to use a fan's design...as long as there is plenty of Orange in there :).

3) Attending Games: Opening round games will be July 17-19th in Philly, next round will be the following weekend in Chicago, and the final four and championship will be August 1st and 2nd in NYC (on ESPN too). I know the team would love to see a good group of Orange in the stands cheering the squad on.

Please feel free to ask ANY questions, from stuff about the roster to being the manager for the 2013 Final Four team. We are looking forward to dethroning last year's champs, Notre Dame's Alumni Team. GO Orange!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...e?hootPostID=50053b37bd457b71b52aa2c5b5abd0e7

Last edited:
Hi, Kevin... Why did it take you so long to find/join us?

For those who don't know Kevin, he's one of my all-time favorite SU people.

Let's try to support his/our team!

Last edited:
Hi guys, former lurker turned member here. I'm Kevin, former SU Hoops Head Manager. I saw another thread but I wanted to create this to keep you guys updated on The Basketball Tournament, since I know this board houses the most passionate Cuse fans around.

I have seen one or two threads before about "who would be on your all-time Syracuse team?". I have the chance to do something like this by putting a mini team together of former Cuse players to take a shot at $1,000,000. So far the team is looking like:
  1. Josh Pace
  2. Eric Devendorf
  3. Donte Greene
  4. Hakim Warrick
  5. Rick Jackson
  6. Baye Moussa Keita
  7. Brandon Reese

There are 3 ways you can get involved if you want to do so!:
1) Fan Voting: We can only enter the tournament through fan voting! And the best part is, fans are a part of our team. $50,000 will be split amongst our fans when we win. $5,000 will go to the fan who recruits the most of his/her friends to join if we win, 20 others can win $1,000, and there are smaller monetary prizes from there up to the 90th fan! Vote here: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/syracuse-alumni

2) Jersey Design: HATE platinum jerseys? Let's see your better idea! Once we hit 1,000 fans The Tournament will let us customize jerseys however we want to. I would LOVE to use a fan's design...as long as there is plenty of Orange in there :).

3) Attending Games: Opening round games will be July 17-19th in Philly, next round will be the following weekend in Chicago, and the final four and championship will be August 1st and 2nd in NYC (on ESPN too). I know the team would love to see a good group of Orange in the stands cheering the squad on.

Please feel free to ask ANY questions, from stuff about the roster to being the manager for the 2013 Final Four team. We are looking forward to dethroning last year's champs, Notre Dame's Alumni Team. GO Orange!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...e?hootPostID=50053b37bd457b71b52aa2c5b5abd0e7

AWESOME that the final 4 is on TV this year!

Why couldn't you get Melo to play? That question goes for Car- and Fab-

Did old timers DC and/or Billy O try to talk you into letting them on the team?

No offense to anyone on the roster, but you seem to have a steep decline at PG. Gerry? Billy E? Scoop?

Last edited:
DomeDog44 said:
Hi guys, former lurker turned member here. I'm Kevin, former SU Hoops Head Manager. I saw another thread but I wanted to create this to keep you guys updated on The Basketball Tournament, since I know this board houses the most passionate Cuse fans around. I have seen one or two threads before about "who would be on your all-time Syracuse team?". I have the chance to do something like this by putting a mini team together of former Cuse players to take a shot at $1,000,000. So far the team is looking like: [*]Josh Pace [*]Eric Devendorf [*]Donte Greene [*]Hakim Warrick [*]Rick Jackson [*]Baye Moussa Keita [*]Brandon Reese There are 3 ways you can get involved if you want to do so!: 1) Fan Voting: We can only enter the tournament through fan voting! And the best part is, fans are a part of our team. $50,000 will be split amongst our fans when we win. $5,000 will go to the fan who recruits the most of his/her friends to join if we win, 20 others can win $1,000, and there are smaller monetary prizes from there up to the 90th fan! Vote here: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/syracuse-alumni 2) Jersey Design: HATE platinum jerseys? Let's see your better idea! Once we hit 1,000 fans The Tournament will let us customize jerseys however we want to. I would LOVE to use a fan's design...as long as there is plenty of Orange in there :). 3) Attending Games: Opening round games will be July 17-19th in Philly, next round will be the following weekend in Chicago, and the final four and championship will be August 1st and 2nd in NYC (on ESPN too). I know the team would love to see a good group of Orange in the stands cheering the squad on. Please feel free to ask ANY questions, from stuff about the roster to being the manager for the 2013 Final Four team. We are looking forward to dethroning last year's champs, Notre Dame's Alumni Team. GO Orange! http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...e?hootPostID=50053b37bd457b71b52aa2c5b5abd0e7

You had a better seat than CTO.

Why couldn't you get Melo to play? That question goes for Car- and Fab-

Did DC and/or Billy try to talk you into letting them on the team?

No offense to anyone on the roster, but you seem to have a steep decline at PG. Gerry? Billy? Scoop?

NBA guys have so many restrictions in their contracts that they some can't even play pickup hoops...let alone a game like this. But that being said, I have thought about if WesJ doesn't immediately get a deal this summer, he would be a great late add!

For PG, Triche just tore his ACL, Scoop is out of shape and retired, and Jonny is recovering and wasn't going to be able to make it. But Reese will be a great add. Believe it or not, for four years, he was the quickest player on the SU roster! That combined with being a pesky defender will be a good glue fit on this squad.

Thanks for the questions, CusefanATL !

NBA guys have so many restrictions in their contracts that they some can't even play pickup hoops...let alone a game like this. But that being said, I have thought about if WesJ doesn't immediately get a deal this summer, he would be a great late add!

For PG, Triche just tore his ACL, Scoop is out of shape and retired, and Jonny is recovering and wasn't going to be able to make it. But Reese will be a great add. Believe it or not, for four years, he was the quickest player on the SU roster! That combined with being a pesky defender will be a good glue fit on this squad.

Thanks for the questions, CusefanATL !

Just for clarification... the Carmelo question was a little tongue in cheek.

But other than that - great info. Wish JB would do the same thing here!

Wonder if CJ/Arinze/Andy could play or if they have contracts preventing it? Hakim played last year and I voted for his team (he played with a mish mash of mostly Philly players) back then too.

Ruling out NBA guys, there's a lot more players that could be added.

RMbh9sW.png

Cheriehoop Czar We are lucky that we had so many guys to choose from.

Triche was hurt (would have played but had just tore his ACL), Andy/Kris are focusing on possibly making Team Canada (Canada needs to play this summer to qualify for the Olympics nexts ummer), CJ I think is going to go for NBA Summer League, Jonny had commitments, AO and Paul we couldn't get a hold of, and James is unsure of his plans.

That said, I think we still have a tough squad that represents different teams under JB. Should be fun!

Cheriehoop Czar We are lucky that we had so many guys to choose from.

Triche was hurt (would have played but had just tore his ACL), Andy/Kris are focusing on possibly making Team Canada (Canada needs to play this summer to qualify for the Olympics nexts ummer), CJ I think is going to go for NBA Summer League, Jonny had commitments, AO and Paul we couldn't get a hold of, and James is unsure of his plans.

That said, I think we still have a tough squad that represents different teams under JB. Should be fun!
I am sure Kelly can get you addresses for Arinze and Paul. You should check with her.

I really like this tournament and the type of squads that can come together as a result.

I agree the Cuse squad could use a little more at PG but options seem to be limited (get in the gym Scoop).

Do you have a coach lined up? Team sponsors?

I really like this tournament and the type of squads that can come together as a result.

I agree the Cuse squad could use a little more at PG but options seem to be limited (get in the gym Scoop).

Do you have a coach lined up? Team sponsors?
We were working to see if one of our assts would be able to make it, especially with the recruiting sanctions. But we haven't been able to figure anything out this early.

No team sponsors, but the tourney does pay for airfare&hotels for the Sweet 17 weekend in Chicago and Final4 region in NYC.

Kevin, reading all the clips in the daily clip reports, it sounds like you're doing a great job putting this all together. Vintage orange uniforms with the cursive script Syracuse, please.

Kevin, reading all the clips in the daily clip reports, it sounds like you're doing a great job putting this all together. Vintage orange uniforms with the cursive script Syracuse, please.
I would LOVE to see those again! And thanks!

If the team is prohibited to be called "Syracuse" how about Otto's Army and definitely keep the uniforms orange in color. Funny little story-last year I''m walking through NYC on a nice summer day and pass a playground where they had an Asian 3 on 3 tournament going on. We stopped and watched for a while. Automatically I started rooting for the team with the orange uniforms. Is that normal?

You know what would be really cool? Have a few open scrimmages/team practices someplace in Syracuse. Even charge $5 a head and donate the funds to a charity. I'll put my money where my mouth is on this one and offer to help organize if it's even remotely possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom