the best player to ever transfer out of SU... | Syracusefan.com

the best player to ever transfer out of SU...

Shark58

BANNED
is probably Manning, perhaps followed by Bland or Hughes

I think BJ could top that list in a few years

:(

Funny, I just watched the 1989 Sweet 16 game against Missouri. Matt Roe was absolutely invisible in that game. Total non-factor. Cooney provides much more.

Matt Roe.
His outside shooting was really missed in '89-90, when we had such a strong inside presence (Derrick Coleman, Billy Owens, LeRon Ellis, Stevie, Thompson).
You took mine. He could have been the missing piece on that team. I heard at the time he wanted to be more of an all around player rather than just a 3 point option.

is probably Manning, perhaps followed by Bland or Hughes

I think BJ could top that list in a few years

:(
Manning was great at Washington and made the pros for a minute. Wonder if Hop might try to recruit Cali like JB used to.

Funny, I just watched the 1989 Sweet 16 game against Missouri. Matt Roe was absolutely invisible in that game. Total non-factor. Cooney provides much more.

derrick coleman,sherm douglas,stevie thompson, billy owens, dave johnson. so can you imagine cooney jacking his usual 20 off balance treys ?

being invisible is actually an improvement over Cooney and his historically bad shooting performance the second half of the season. shoot often and miss often is not a good combo

trevor wouldn't even have seen the court. he be seated down pine between chandu carey and nick bartlestein.

Last edited:
I believe Manning is the only transfer under Boeheim to ever play a minute in the NBA

I believe Manning is the only transfer under Boeheim to ever play a minute in the NBA
12284073-mmmain.jpg

Manning squealed to the NCAA when they questioned him about infractions at Syracuse and played a key role in getting SU on probation. That is what I will always remember him for.

That and his ridiculous moustache.

images

12284073-mmmain.jpg

Manning squealed to the NCAA when they questioned him about infractions at Syracuse and played a key role in getting SU on probation. That is what I will always remember him for.

That and his ridiculous moustache.

images

I'm pretty sure I remembered George Papadakos being a squealer but I had forgotten about Manning.

What was Matt Roe's reason for transferring out of SU?

You have to count Keith Hughes twice because he's the one who talked Earl Duncan into going with him. Duncan would have inherited the 1990 team to lead. Instead he went to a steaming pile of nothing in Piscataway. Bad decision by Duncan.

And Tony Scott? What a fiasco that was. The kid listened to the wrong people, left SU for A&M...and A&M got in trouble for it. Thanks to Rob Johnson. Scott said it was the worst decision he ever made.

The players who transferred and did well for themselves were Roe, Sekunda, Lazor, Bland, Rock Lloyd and Manning. Maybe DeShawn at Iona.

I hope BJ Johnson becomes the best.

derrick coleman,sherm douglas,stevie thompson, billy owens, dave johnson. so can you imagine cooney jacking his usual 20 off balance treys ?

You're an idiot

nobody's really interested in your opinion of me or any other poster here. you got something of any substance to say about the syracuse basketball team ?

nobody's really interested in your opinion of me or any other poster here. you got something of any substance to say about the syracuse basketball team ?

Do you?

let's try this. numbers and facts. roe shot 47% deep as a jr. cooney 31%. who do you play ?

let's try this. numbers and facts. roe shot 47% as a jr. cooney 31%. who do you play ?

Roe. That's not even close to the point I was making about you being an idiot, which I stand by whole heartedly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom