The Best TV Scenes | Syracusefan.com

The Best TV Scenes

jekelish

Living Legend
In talking about our favorite TV shows, why not share your favorite classic scenes from some of those shows?

Here's maybe the most classic scene from The Wire, which is extraordinarily NSFW. But it still shows that when it comes to police work and cursing, not many will ever beat Bunk and Jimmy.

One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes started with Kramer heading to the shore to hit golf balls. George passes himself off as a marine biologist. Walking the beach he and his lady friend come across a beached whale with a plugged blow hole. The scene where George tells the story, and reveals the golf ball he pulled out - that's a classic scene.

One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes started with Kramer heading to the shore to hit golf balls. George passes himself off as a marine biologist. Walking the beach he and his lady friend come across a beached whale with a plugged blow hole. The scene where George tells the story, and reveals the golf ball he pulled out - that's a classic scene.
That episode is on TBS right now, coincidentally.

In talking about our favorite TV shows, why not share your favorite classic scenes from some of those shows?

Here's maybe the most classic scene from The Wire, which is extraordinarily NSFW. But it still shows that when it comes to police work and cursing, not many will ever beat Bunk and Jimmy.

Outstanding clip and show. Two of my favorites are when Stringer gets taken out and when Jimmy McNuts during the sting operation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

[N.B. may contain spoilers]

Deadwood s03e05: Dan kills Capt. Turner. Eyeball in the side pocket.

Deadwood s02e01: Al welcomes a carriage to Deadwood in classic fashion.

Deadwood s03e0?: "Don't pause to inquire. Simply assume... and refill". And later: "Dead..." Al polishes off a bottle of whiskey to close a meeting with Hearst.

Shield s01e0?: Vic is "a different kinda cop".

Shield s02e07(I think): Lil' Pop impales Armadillo in the cage. Literally jumped off my couch in surprise.

Shield s07e12(I think): Vic confesses to everything on tape to land a job with ICE. "How much memory does thing have?"

Breaking Bad s01e07 (I think): Walter shaves his head and then drops some Hg(CNO)2 in Tuco's place.

Breaking Bad s02e10: Walter notices the cart filled with meth ingredients, lectures the kid, then goes out to the parking lot to mark his territory.

Breaking Bad s04e13: Walter: "I won."

Others I can't recall specifics of right now but may post later: Sopranos (too many to count), NYPD Blue (Sipowicz, especially "Mr. Wig says Alphonse has to go outside!"), Game of Thrones (half man is the man).

The final scene of "Freaks and Geeks" is a favorite of mine; largely because it is accompanied by "Ripple." In fact that last episode is one of my favorite episodes of any show ever.

You could pick almost any scene from Always Sunny, but as this is a Syracuse board this seems appropriate:

And finally, in keeping with Gervais/Merchant, here's the best scene from Life's Too Short:
hadn't seen that before . . . hilarious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom