The "Carolina Way" | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The "Carolina Way"

Read your own unc statements. It's all there and I quoted some of it.

I did. The statements don't line up with yours.

Once again, ask yourself:

1. Did the classes involve work? (Yes)
2. Were the classes available to any student? (Yes)
3. Did the athletes do their own work? (Yes)

1+2+3=No NCAA violations.

itsbotime said:
You have different conclusions than Mr. Wainstein. Given that he and his investigators spend months and months and hundreds of thousands of man hours investigating the courses, I think most people would take his word over yours.

Again, why don't you read unc's own admissions. That's what I'm quoting. You're just being a troll now.

Again, why don't you read unc's own admissions. That's what I'm quoting. You're just being a troll now.

I have read UNC's statement. UNC's statements don't line up with yours. Paper class =/= fake class. I don't know how to make this more clear to you. You should read the Wainstein Report.

Disagree. The NCAA is screwed if they play favorites. Knowing that they specifically ruled that these classes were "OK" with their previous rulings, they would get hammered in court if they punished UNC for something that they previously said was OK with them.

yeah. they don't go along with precedent - we will sue them for about $100 million

yeah. they don't go along with precedent - we will sue them for about $100 million

Good luck with that. You would probably get your $100 million check when McCants gets his $300 million check, and when Willingham succeeds in making it illegal for you to fill out a March Madness bracket.

itsbotime said:
I did. The statements don't line up with yours. Once again, ask yourself: 1. Did the classes involve work? (Yes) 2. Were the classes available to any student? (Yes) 3. Did the athletes do their own work? (Yes) 1+2+3=No NCAA violations.

Deny unc didn't say any of those quotes. They admitted everything I said. Are you saying your chancellor and provost are liars? Are the counsellors who told the football coaches the scam was over liars?

Deny unc didn't say any of those quotes. They admitted everything I said. Are you saying your chancellor and provost are liars? Are the counsellors who told the football coaches the scam was over liars?

No, I am saying that you don't understand what you are posting. Can you find one quote from a UNC press release that has the word "fake" in it? I'll wait.

itsbotime said:
I have read UNC's statement. UNC's statements don't line up with yours. Paper class =/= fake class. I don't know how to make this more clear to you. You should read the Wainstein Report.

In the meeting, two members of the football counseling staff explained to the assembled coaches that the classes “had played a large role in keeping underprepared and/or unmotivated players eligible to play.” To emphasize this point, they presented a PowerPoint demonstration in which one of the slides asked and then answered the question, “What was part of the solution in the past?”
“We put them in classes that met degree requirements in which … they didn’t go to class … they didn’t have to take notes, have to stay awake … they didn’t have to meet with professors … they didn’t have to pay attention or necessarily engage with the material,” the slide said. “THESE NO LONGER EXIST!”
The report indicated tha

In the meeting, two members of the football counseling staff explained to the assembled coaches that the classes “had played a large role in keeping underprepared and/or unmotivated players eligible to play.” To emphasize this point, they presented a PowerPoint demonstration in which one of the slides asked and then answered the question, “What was part of the solution in the past?”
“We put them in classes that met degree requirements in which … they didn’t go to class … they didn’t have to take notes, have to stay awake … they didn’t have to meet with professors … they didn’t have to pay attention or necessarily engage with the material,” the slide said. “THESE NO LONGER EXIST!”
The report indicated tha
th

itsbotime said:
No, I am saying that you don't understand what you are posting. Can you find one quote from a UNC press release that has the word "fake" in it? I'll wait.

Hang your hat on one word. The courses weren't real. No professor. No oversight. No classes. No class work except a paper at the end graded by a secretary. Classes used to keep players eligible. All admitted to by UNC.

Fake.

The report indicated tha

Right, they pushed the players to easy classes that still required work. Nothing about this is an NCAA violation, as the NCAA demonstrated in their rulings on Duke, Stanford, Michigan, and Auburn. Repeating this statement won't magically turn it into a violation.

The fact that several of your former players said they never did anything academically, that tells me all I need to know. It looks like UNC is headed for about a 5 year closedown.

Hang your hat on one word. The courses weren't real. No professor. No oversight. No classes. No class work except a paper at the end graded by a secretary. Classes used to keep players eligible. All admitted to by UNC.

Fake.

That is a complete lie. You are literally making up stuff. Even Wainstein said that the classes were emphatically not fake. They were easy...they were not fake. And they were not violations. Thankfully, the NCAA is in the business of using reality, not lies, to make their determinations.

Call a timeout dude, your killing your Messages to Likes ratio.

The fact that several of your former players said they never did anything academically, that tells me all I need to know. It looks like UNC is headed for about a 5 year closedown.

Who? McCants? McAdoo? If they chose to cheat, that's on them. They aren't the most credible people out there. UNC is more likely to win 5 national titles in five years than it is to face any kind of shutdown. Those are the facts.

Anyways, that's it for me tonight. Gonna rest up and get ready for the ACC championship game tomorrow. Should be a great game.

$600k slush fund, ignoring drug test violations, basketball admin doing work for students for starters. At least UNC's players did their own work, and, according to the Wainstein Report, worked hard at doing so.

600k slush fund? wrong
ignoring drug test violations? wrong
basketball admin doing work for students for starters? i don't know what that means.

but what i will say is 2 people having a paper written for them is a lot less "bad" than 2000 student athletes.

Anyways, that's it for me tonight. Gonna rest up and get ready for the ACC championship game tomorrow. Should be a great game.

ah man... i remember when we were 25-0 and i was just as cocky.

good luck. tomorrow and later this year vs the ncaa. you'll need it. for both.

itsbotime said:
That is a complete lie. You are literally making up stuff. Even Wainstein said that the classes were emphatically not fake. They were easy...they were not fake. And they were not violations. Thankfully, the NCAA is in the business of using reality, not lies, to make their determinations.

You'll have to take up those lies with UNC since they said them.

spdl1uY-1-628x347.jpg

easy must make it legal and fair.

but yet Jim Boeheim didnt call Mr and Mrs Devendorf to tell them their son failed a drug test for marijuana!

They were easy? From the report:

“These were classes that involved no interaction with a faculty member, required no class attendance or course work other than a single paper, and resulted in consistently high grades that Crowder awarded without reading the papers or otherwise evaluating their true quality.”

That's easy? Easy implies someone at some point was doing an actual evaluation of the papers and a grade was awarded based upon this easy course. If you're not reading the papers at all though - well, that's just fraud (cheating).

Ghost said:
They were easy? From the report: “These were classes that involved no interaction with a faculty member, required no class attendance or course work other than a single paper, and resulted in consistently high grades that Crowder awarded without reading the papers or otherwise evaluating their true quality.” That's easy? Easy implies someone at some point was doing an actual evaluation of the papers and a grade was awarded based upon this easy course. If you're not reading the papers at all though - well, that's just fraud (cheating).

Don't bother. I posted several UNC quotes and he said they were lies.

$600k slush fund, ignoring drug test violations, basketball admin doing work for students for starters. At least UNC's players did their own work, and, according to the Wainstein Report, worked hard at doing so.

Are you slow? There was ONE admin, who did ONE paper for ONE athlete. Period. It was not a systemic issue. The UNC academic fraud was SYSTEMIC...for nearly 20 years. Are you still saying that ONE incident is worse than a two decade sham?

Are you slow? There was ONE admin, who did ONE paper for ONE athlete. Period. It was not a systemic issue. The UNC academic fraud was SYSTEMIC...for nearly 20 years. Are you still saying that ONE incident is worse than a two decade sham?

nearly 20 years? it started in 1992... when did it end? i assumed 2014.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom