The Class of 2013 | Syracusefan.com

The Class of 2013

Mstumpy50

Scout Team
Call me crazy but 5 games into their sophomore year I have a really hard time not comparing this group to the class of 2003. With the exception of Chino I think they can all reach the same level as the '03 guys but it's going to take time just like it did for them. Seems somewhat similar no?

Mook - Chino
T-Rob - Roberson
DNic - BJ
McCroskey - Patterson

I never thought it was a 'tremendous' class. I did expect more out of Roberson although he wasn't necessarily an elite prospect. Ennis is Ennis. But the other guys were more sleepers.

Hope not.

Hate to think that Roberson will be saddled with bad knees, and that Patterson will end up at Marist.

Trob wasn't that bad. Sign me up for Roberson having his career here.

image-1399990739.jpg

Difference may be that this class is going to get recruited over. Already has happened a little with KJ & CMac, but next we will see far more overtake with Malachi, Frank, et al.
That '03-'04 group really didn't get recruited over, did they? That class, to me, was one of the most disappointing, totally failed to build momentum from NC...

Call me crazy but 5 games into their sophomore year I have a really hard time not comparing this group to the class of 2003. With the exception of Chino I think they can all reach the same level as the '03 guys but it's going to take time just like it did for them. Seems somewhat similar no?

Mook - Chino
T-Rob - Roberson
DNic - BJ
McCroskey - Patterson

Your 2013 class is missing one notable recruit ...

Writing them off, 5 games into their sophomore season.

Good god...
We're Syracuse, not Boston College. Freshman and Sophomores are expected to produce and if they don't will get recruited over. On paper, outside of Ennis, it wasn't a great class.

We're Syracuse, not Boston College. Freshman and Sophomores are expected to produce and if they don't will get recruited over. On paper, outside of Ennis, it wasn't a great class.

That's bunk. "Wasn't a great class." Roberson is a stud recruit, who will eventually make you eat those words. The jury is still out on BJ and Bus.

Syracuse fans lack perspective when they're ready to discard players on the basis that they aren't immediate stars. "They'll get recruited over" -- cool! That's a great problem to have here at Syracuse, and may the best player win the PT.

But per above, I wouldn't be so quick to write off Roberson or BJ. Or Buss for that matter. Anyone else find it humorous that last week, a substantial group of posters were ready to annoit Patterson as the starter at 2 displacing Cooney from the lineup, but that this week he's a bust who was a waste of a scholarship. Chillax--let's see how it plays out. Frankly, we need all three of these sophomores to step it up for this team to be a solid NCAA squad.

Last edited:
That's bunk. "Wasn't a great class." Roberson is a stud recruit, who will eventually make you eat those words. The jury is still out on BJ and Bus.

Syracuse fans lack perspective when they're ready to discard players on the basis that they aren't immediate stars. "They'll get recruited over" -- cool! That's a great problem to have here at Syracuse, and may the best player win the PT.

But per above, I wouldn't be so quick to write off Roberson or BJ. Or Buss for that matter. Anyone else find it humorous that last week, a substantial group of posters were ready to annoit Patterson as the starter at 2 displacing Cooney from the lineup, but that this week he's a bust who was a waste of a scholarship. Chillax--let's see how it plays out. Frankly, we need all three of these sophomores to step it up for this team to be a solid NCAA squad.
I agree but constructive criticism isn't out of bounds for sophomores playing so poorly (so far) at Syracuse. I hope everything you said comes true, i'm not writing them off but so far they haven't impressed at all.

It was kind of an underwhelming clas so far given how talent-rich that year was.

Mookie and Nichols both had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

Ennis is there. Interesting to see if another class mate makes it.

Mookie and Nichols both had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

Ennis is there. Interesting to see if another class mate makes it.
yeah . . . for example, BJ is a long term project, not unlike Southerland was - and Dirty had his own cup of coffee in the Association

I think if he stays healthy then Roberson is going to be a pretty productive player for SU when all is said and done . . . . hopefully sooner rather than later

Outside of Roberson and Ennis it was disappointing. I really don't understand why we recruit project players at this point, our recruiting should be beyond that.

Project players should be a thing of the past, but did anyone notice Chino made 2 shots (in a row?). Even Rak is only now starting to do that now. Obokoh could still potentially out-produce the lovable but still non-player Keita by a mile. Just on fundamentals alone.

Some of the best players to ever wear Orange had careers which started with very humble beginnings. I'd be willing to wager mad stacks that Roberson and BJ are going to be VERY GOOD college players before their careers at Syracuse are over.

I'm to be counted with those who find it utterly ridiculous to assess a player 4 or 5 games into their Soph. season, especially when they really haven't had any play to speak of. :crazy:

Some of the best players to ever wear Orange had careers which started with very humble beginnings. I'd be willing to wager mad stacks that Roberson and BJ are going to be VERY GOOD college players before their careers at Syracuse are over.

I'm to be counted with those who find it utterly ridiculous to assess a player 4 or 5 games into their Soph. season, especially when they really haven't had any play to speak of. :crazy:

Agreed. It shows an alarming lack of perspective.

Outside of Roberson and Ennis it was disappointing. I really don't understand why we recruit project players at this point, our recruiting should be beyond that.

"Was." As if this group's story isn't still being written. 5 games into their sophomore campaign.

The problem with the 2003 class was low basketball IQ. Literally the dumbest bunch of players assembled in an SU basketball uniform.

Project players should be a thing of the past, but did anyone notice Chino made 2 shots (in a row?). Even Rak is only now starting to do that now. Obokoh could still potentially out-produce the lovable but still non-player Keita by a mile. Just on fundamentals alone.
Back when DC, Stevie, Sherman, and we recruited Billy Owens we recruited a project player from Louisiana Dave Johnson went on to be a 1st round draft choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom