the crane the crane | Page 358 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

its been quiet for awhile on the whole wifi/5g project front. With commencement coming up I wonder if we get an update before all those parents come back and wonder why they have no service

I’ll say it again for probably the 100th time on here….

Wi-Fi/5G is expected to be completed by Fall of 2023.

I’ll say it again for probably the 100th time on here….

Wi-Fi/5G is expected to be completed by Fall of 2023.
Completed, being the key word. Presumably, they aren't going to suddenly flip a switch in the Fall. Think, people are just curious as to what progress is being made on the project. Or, maybe they are, who knows...

Completed, being the key word. Presumably, they aren't going to suddenly flip a switch in the Fall. Think, people are just curious as to what progress is being made on the project. Or, maybe they are, who knows...

It actually will be almost like a flip of the switch

The system works in a relay, so it all needs to be 100% complete to work

It actually will be almost like a flip of the switch

The system works in a relay, so it all needs to be 100% complete to work
And thats why i ask the question.. wifi/5g are 2 separate things..

There is also 5g wireless. I think thats what is being used here?

Wifi/5G is fast, has a security risk and is actually disallowed on some phones if used for work.

5G cell is more secure and is a different method to get into the dome unless they are doing some booster program with the cell providers?

And Its fine if someone else wants to beat me up today over being dumb. I have two 25+yr olds I am used to it..

On the topic of Wifi, I did some research on this.

Maximum download speeds for Wi-Fi 5 networks is around 900 mbps. My 35 mbps is not remotely close to that.

Sofi has Wi-Fi 6 installed. So do many other NFL stadia. With Wi-Fi 6, download speeds of 10-15 gbps are possible.

I have measured download speeds at women’s basketball games and lacrosse games in the past with similar sized crowds and was lucky to get 20 mbps. I suspect the modest improvement is probably related to me sitting at midfield in the middle of the 100 level (section 116).

If/when the glorious day comes when the new Wifi goes online, I would think we see at least 900 mbps download speeds. Given JMA CEO John M promised a state of the art system like at Sofi, I am hoping to get a download speed of over 10 gbps the first time I check this.

So in case there were any doubts, we do not have good wifi in the dome yet. I probably won’t be back until the home opener for football in September. So they have more than 4 months to finish the job.

Let’s get ’er done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom