The Curse of Otto... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Curse of Otto...

Since I tied in the state of Vermont to a thread on Indiana basketball, thought I would stick this in here as well. One of the UVMs top returning (or was supposed to be returning) players, Zach McRoberts - younger brother of Josh - decided in July that he was not going to return and was also giving up on basketball. Has enrolled at Indiana to be a regular student.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/07/07/zach-mcroberts-vermont-iu-carmel/29832263/

He was a pretty decent little mid-major player.

They drink to forget
tomcrean.jpg
Way too much tongue in that picture.

Last edited:
Thomas Bryant has been cited for possession of alcohol in Indiana. so even if he had gone to SU, would SU still been without a freshman center for 15-16? It will interesting to see how Crean / Indiana handles it. And how the NCAA reacts to all the problems they have been having.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-bryant-cited-for-illegal-alcohol-possession

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ryant-basketball-indiana-university/32289239/

Thanks for the redirect! Did not see it.

Why would we or they be without a Bryant for an entire season because he was cited for possession of alcohol? Maybe a one game suspension at tops, or nothing at all. We've had our issues in the past with freshman making bad decisions, some very bad decisions. This isn't a case of bad decisions, this is a case of an 18 year old being away from home for the first time. I get if they put him on some sort of "probation" or give him a stern talking to but this isn't that big of a deal, especially a season long suspension deal.

Why would we or they be without a Bryant for an entire season because he was cited for possession of alcohol? Maybe a one game suspension at tops, or nothing at all. We've had our issues in the past with freshman making bad decisions, some very bad decisions. This isn't a case of bad decisions, this is a case of an 18 year old being away from home for the first time. I get if they put him on some sort of "probation" or give him a stern talking to but this isn't that big of a deal, especially a season long suspension deal.

If this happened at SU there would be an NCAA investigation and additional sanctions.

Dave85 said:
If this happened at SU there would be an NCAA investigation and additional sanctions.

No there wouldn't.

No there wouldn't.
Refer back to a previous post. If there is a 50:50 chance something could happen involving the NCAA and SU, the odds are 80:20 in their favor.

Yep.,,nothing Indiana will do will be harsher than mama Bryant. I will bet a large sum of money he ends up transferring out or leaving for the NBA earlier than he should.

This is not a good fit for the kid...and before anyone suggests otherwise, there is almost zero chance he ends up here.

Yep.,,nothing Indiana will do will be harsher than mama Bryant. I will bet a large sum of money he ends up transferring out or leaving for the NBA earlier than he should.

This is not a good fit for the kid...and before anyone suggests otherwise, there is almost zero chance he ends up here.

Doesn't everybody leave for the NBA earlier than they should?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom