The Dan Le Batard Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by donniesyracuse, Oct 6, 2016.

?

The Dan Le Batard Show

1. You get the show!

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. You don't get the show!

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. donniesyracuse

donniesyracuse All Conference

The other day Dan Le Batard mentioned that the show had over 8 million downloads in September, which far exceeds downloads of any other ESPN digital content. I am glad the show is gaining in popularity. I have stated before that the Dan Le Batard Show is the best thing on radio. Hopefully more sports broadcasters will follow Le Batard and reject the banality of current sports talk.

2. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

3. upperdeck

upperdeck Hall of Fame

honestly cant stand the show. just a bunch of people talking drivel.. almost drives me back to listen to mike and mike.. I end up sticking with the college xm stations which have decent content and discussion.

4. shandeezy7

shandeezy7 All Conference

I find the show entertaining and listen almost every day (when I'm working from home at least), but I can't stand the fact that he hosts a sports talk radio show and seems to have an absolute disdain for all things that are actually sports. Loves to talk controversy around sports though.

5. KaiserUEO

KaiserUEO Hall of Fame

what does he do??

is he trying to be francesa?

6. donniesyracuse

I don't think he hates sports. He hates the way it is covered by the media and the way it is consumed by fans.

two3zone and Fireball Jr. like this.
  7. donniesyracuse

Almost all sports talk is "drivel." The Le Batard Show basically makes a joke of that.

Shrmdougluvr and Fireball Jr. like this.
  8. shandeezy7

Ehhh, he almost never talks directly about sports. It's the periphery around sports. That leads me to believe that he's more interested in the sideshow than the real show.

9. donniesyracuse

That is exactly the point of the show. If you want the same old "Real Sports Talk," there are many other places to go.

Fireball Jr. likes this.
  10. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

Stugotz is basically a parody of those hot-take machine "real sports talk" guys anyway. So there's that.

Or maybe it's not a parody and that's how he really is.

11. donniesyracuse

YOU GET THE SHOW!
    [​IMG]

12. shandeezy7

I understand the point of the show and I already said that I enjoyed it. Just stated that at the same time, I don't think Le Batard is a sports fan and not only does he not care to talk sports talk, he doesn't really care to watch it much either.

HOFCeluck likes this.
  13. donniesyracuse

If you ever listen to the local hour, you'll know he is a big fan of the University of Miami. I bet he watches more sports than most of us. I think he doesn't get caught up in it in the emotionally-primitive way that many of us do.

14. Fireball Jr.

Fireball Jr. All Conference

I smile every time I hear Papi say "Stu Gotz." I'm forever in 7th grade.

donniesyracuse likes this.
  15. djcon57

djcon57 All American

I get the show and I don't like the show because I just don't feel like LeBatard is funny enough to pull the concept off.

JMO, of course.

SUFaninNJ likes this.
  16. Shawn91111

Shawn91111 2nd String

I would hope not

SUFaninNJ likes this.
  17. Fireball Jr.

Great weekly bit. Had me and Le Batard laughing. Laughing is good.

18. victor

victor All Conference

Papi is my man. A real hoot. I think it's great Le batard gets to do his show with his father.

19. Fireball Jr.

Even though Dan jokingly pokes fun at his old man on the air, Dan clearly loves his Papi and the new life -- and fame -- he's been able to give him by having him on his TV show. Dan's an exceptional writer and this piece he wrote before the TV show launched several years ago is very touching.

I like that Dan's TV and radio shows have different casts. I think he's brilliant. Le Batard: Small repayments of a father's unending love

Dan's younger brother, David, also is accomplished in his field -- art -- and has, among other things, toured with musicians (Beasties, Thievery Corporation, Burning Spear, Arturo Sandoval) and painted in the background as they performed. Mr. and Mrs. Papi done good and it's great to see their oldest son show pops so much love and appreciation by helping make him a celebrity, a role Papi clearly embraces.
    David Le Batard - Wikipedia

20. victor

victor All Conference

Thanks for the info. I once saw a movie about the life of Arturo Sandoval who was played by Andy Garcia and how he was able to escape from Cuba with his wife and child. It had me crying at the end of the movie. The Cuban people have a great sense of humor because that has enable them to survive all the hardships they have suffered at the bands of the Communists.

Back I believe in the 90's folks from a Miami radio station actually called Cuba and were able to get through all the red tape and get a hold of Fidel. They had a recording of Hugo Chavez who was a close buddy of Fidel and somehow they were able to convince Fidel that he was speaking to Chavez. This went on for a while until they basically told Fidel he was being punked and called him every name in the book .Fidel fired back by calling them every name in the book. It was hilarious.

Fireball Jr. likes this.