The dome... | Syracusefan.com

The dome...

Hopefully with a lot of money put into it to make it more 21st century. :) pee troughs be gone!!

OrangeXtreme said:
So ... turf replacement, new roof in a few years, and some touch up paint. We should be good for another 25-30 years, after which it won't be my problem. ;)

I'm betting it will be a major overall like we've discussed here before. Total blowout of the west end and adding another connecting building. Restaurant, offices, maybe SM school, media room, etc.

I'm betting it will be a major overall like we've discussed here before. Total blowout of the west end and adding another connecting building. Restaurant, offices, maybe SM school, media room, etc.
Have the donors stepped up for this! :rolleyes:

The dome is like an empty loft apartment. It just needs some sprucing up. I'm fine with this idea. Hopefully a new roof system is part of this overhaul. And individual seats. And painting of the concrete. And some mason work to the exterior.

Retractable roof and I'm fine for next 30 years

it doesnt need to retract, however would be nice if if it was translucent and allowed the sky to be seen.

bcplace2.jpg

orangeinjersey said:
it doesnt need to retract, however would be nice if if it was translucent and allowed the sky to be seen.
That's sexy.

Retractable roof and I'm fine for next 30 years

Retractable roof? No. Significantly more expensive than replacing the current roof with a regular fixed structure. And it would be only be opened for 1-2 events every year.

Sounds nice in theory but is a waste of money and pointless to do, unless you live in a city like San Diego

The only area to expand also is close to where the loading dock area is, which is the most critical part of a stadium.

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom