The Downside- Colgate | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Colgate

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Chris McCullough still isn’t out of his funk. JB said after the Villanova that Chris just couldn’t handle a guy like Pinkston who must weigh 50 pounds more than that, ((the rosters say more like 20). Tonight he was playing Colgate and went 1 for 6 from the field and 2 for 6 from the free throw line for 4 points in 26 minutes against a team that had no one who should have been able the guard him. He seems unsure of how to finish plays and that high-arching shot just doesn’t seem to want to go in, (compare that to Rakeem Christmas’s “just get it over the front end“ style- and the results). In the last three games Chris is 2 for 16 from the field 8 of 14 from the foul line. 12 points in 77 minutes.

- I had the impression we were dominating the boards but we won them only 40-34 against a team that had a height disadvantage at every positon save center when 6-11 Ethan Jacobs was in. And Jacobs is not that athletic. He got only 6 of their 34 boards. Colgate only got 9 of their 37 misses (24.3%) but we only got 12 of our 37(32.4%). We’d been averaging getting 39.1% going into this game.

- Kaleb Joseph played 26 minutes and never scored. He had 3 assists but 2 turnovers. He backtracked from his strong game vs. Villanova.

- It was Colgate.

It seemed to me a lot of the rebounds they got were long ones cause the shots were bad, so you can't control those as much. I could be wrong

It seemed to me a lot of the rebounds they got were long ones cause the shots were bad, so you can't control those as much. I could be wrong

Yet their offensive rebounding was poor. Ours should have been better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom