The Downside- Dayton | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Dayton

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Charles Barkley still doesn’t think we belong in the tournament.

- Obviously we turned it around in late in the first half but I just can’t understand how a team that got what appeared to be a reprieve by the tournament committee would then come out playing the way this team did: missed threes, turnovers, blown lay-ups, not getting rebounds, not quick eno9ugh on defense. This game looked just like the one two years ago the first 12 minutes. Out run of missed threes against Dayton went to 14 over the two games. Then we came alive and dominated, turning a 16-20 game into a 70-51 win, a 54-31 run. But why couldn’t we come out playing like that?

- In the first half we had 11 turnovers and Dayton got 10 points out of it. By comparison, in the second half we had 4 turnovers and Dayton never scored off one.

- Until they started fouling us late in the game, the foul calls seemed a little bit out of whack. They were 7-3 in the first half and 15-10 before they got called for 6 of the last 8. Both Lydon and Richardson wound up with 4 fouls.

- Each game in the NCAAs is different. A blow-out doesn’t mean you are going to play great in the next game. A close win doesn’t mean you aren’t going to blow out your next opponent. It’s survive and advance. We did it today but we’ll have to do it all over again on Sunday.

gotta say i am not a fan of these downside threads. really takes the air out of any positivty around these forums

It keeps me centered.

Some games I get complaints because I had the temerity to post an "Upside". Sometimes I get criticized for being a "Debbie Downer" by posting a Downside.

I prefer the latter as it means that we won. :cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom