The Downside (Montana State) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Downside (Montana State)

The percentages are misleading. As a team we are 67.4% (180/267). Factor out those who never really play and we are at 64%. But Roberson is at 50%. Coleman on the other hand is at 80% but shoots far less. MG is around 70%. Richardson is at 70%.

Richardson has missed 15 free throws this year. Roberson has missed 22 free throws so far this year. But MG has missed 26. That's 63 points between the three of them. And remember, these three and TC (77%) will shoot the most free throws during the course of a game. We are not good enough to leave that many points on the floor. And I stand by my statement that we should be able to go 75%. But I'd gladly take 70%.
Based on an average of 20 FT attempts per game, going from 65% to 75% would translate into about 2 points per game. Much ado about nothing, IMO. Just make sure the ball winds up in the hands of your good FT shooters at the end of games.

The percentages are misleading. As a team we are 67.4% (180/267). Factor out those who never really play and we are at 64%. But Roberson is at 50%. Coleman on the other hand is at 80% but shoots far less. MG is around 70%. Richardson is at 70%.

Richardson has missed 15 free throws this year. Roberson has missed 22 free throws so far this year. But MG has missed 26. That's 63 points between the three of them. And remember, these three and TC (77%) will shoot the most free throws during the course of a game. We are not good enough to leave that many points on the floor. And I stand by my statement that we should be able to go 75%. But I'd gladly take 70%.

I think all of our free throws matter, as do all of theirs. We're averaging 5 more points from the line per game than the other team:
http://cuse.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbasket&year=2015

So I don't think we're losing games from the line.

So our FT defense has been pretty damn solid so far this season.
Or perhaps the cold, blustery, tight rimmed dome is more difficult than usual to shoot in this year and our FT% isn't bad at all (on an adjusted basis).

If SWC would quit slacking and finish the analysis of dome vs away my theory would finally have the validation I have been looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom